Spontaneous crash while being in town

Hi,

Since necropolis started, being in town for me has been a gamble. There's a chance pretty much any second to just crash receiving a specific error message every single time.

Error being "vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost". It appears to be vulkan at work.
Cannot change it to directx either as for a few leagues now something messed up the performance and fps drops to nothing for no absolute reason on it. Noticed I'm not the only only seeing this performance issue.

But yea, this error happens specifically while being in town, not in the hideout, not anywhere else, just town areas.

I kind of doubt it's something from my side as not too long ago it worked just fine on previous league. Didn't do any changes to my computer whatsoever since then.

Anyone else has this happening?
Last edited by skater913 on Apr 2, 2024, 5:47:46 AM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2024, 7:15:59 AM
I have this happening on DirectX.
I put some details including a snippet of my client log here.
Where do you get your error message from?
I will try to replicate it with Vulkan.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
skater913 wrote:
Hi,

Since necropolis started, being in town for me has been a gamble. There's a chance pretty much any second to just crash receiving a specific error message every single time.

Error being "vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost". It appears to be vulkan at work.
Cannot change it to directx either as for a few leagues now something messed up the performance and fps drops to nothing for no absolute reason on it. Noticed I'm not the only only seeing this performance issue.

But yea, this error happens specifically while being in town, not in the hideout, not anywhere else, just town areas.

I kind of doubt it's something from my side as not too long ago it worked just fine on previous league. Didn't do any changes to my computer whatsoever since then.

Anyone else has this happening?

I always feel that there is something wrong with the updates of this season because compared to the previous season or even further back, it's just too obvious. I've been playing this game for almost 10 years, and it's the first time I've had to give up on a season due to performance issues. My graphics card is GTX 970, and I have always been using DirectX 11. This season, whenever there are more rendering objects in the city or alternate realm maps, the GPU usage shoots up to 100%. The in-game frame rate drops to around 10 and continues to run at low frame rates consistently. It's not the kind of lag that happens only when loading for the first time and then recovers shortly after. It's just too extreme, and I haven't even formed a team or used exaggerated effects. I've set all game settings to the lowest, and I haven't challenged maps with a large number of monsters either. I hope this issue can be taken seriously because I don't think my computer should be performing this poorly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info