Towns are just an unplayable mess

MTX overload is making towns the worst part of the campaign experience, my computer could handle this for 6 years, it never used to be a problem. Progressively worse and worse as mtx options became bigger and more intrusive. Is there an option to just turn off every other player in towns? I have zero interest in seeing any of them because thats not how trading or interaction occurs in POE.
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 2:21:47 PM
"
bowen87 wrote:
MTX overload is making towns the worst part of the campaign experience, my computer could handle this for 6 years, it never used to be a problem. Progressively worse and worse as mtx options became bigger and more intrusive. Is there an option to just turn off every other player in towns? I have zero interest in seeing any of them because thats not how trading or interaction occurs in POE.

There is zero chance of this occuring, given it is how they monetize the game. Whatever your opinion of MTX are, one of the primary ways of onselling them is by other people seeing them and getting fotm.

I'm not sure if your problem is performance or simply busyness on the screen, but I haven't noticed either to be a particularly huge problem for me. Everything I need access to has a text label on the screen that is clickable, even if there is a ridiculous MTX in front of it, and performance just isn't an issue for me.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
bowen87 wrote:

There is zero chance of this occuring, given it is how they monetize the game. Whatever your opinion of MTX are, one of the primary ways of onselling them is by other people seeing them and getting fotm.

I'm not sure if your problem is performance or simply busyness on the screen, but I haven't noticed either to be a particularly huge problem for me. Everything I need access to has a text label on the screen that is clickable, even if there is a ridiculous MTX in front of it, and performance just isn't an issue for me.

same no issues in towns.
mtx sound however is a nuance and needs a fix.
I got 25fps more than before patch using dx12.
Since Affliction, I've been having issues with towns. Game would freeze. Some towns are worse than others, but I suspect it's actually some people with their MTX causing this.
My wife with a very similar setup, however, does not have any issues with towns.

But I agree that the showy MTX that mostly only go off in towns should either be toned down or that the amount of people being in the same town at any given time should be reduced, so that you can actually perhaps appreciate the mtx instead of being drowned in a cacophany and -phony or MTX firing at the same time, overlapping and clipping.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
used directx 11 always, turned directx 12 on yesterday and no issues at all. 60 fps all time in towns and maps. seems game tuned better for directx12.
"my pc could handle this 6 years ago"

Time for a new pc friend
Mtx used to be subtle, now it is all in your face.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
My only issue is that they are usually covering the stash or npcs and it’s a pain to click anything under all that mess.
maybe time to upgrade your pc, if you pc is 6 years old, its about time you got an upgrade
"
Pathological wrote:
"
bowen87 wrote:

What I will never understand is the need to not solve the problem, the problem is performance as a result of the MTX, is it really not possible to improve performance around that?

Being GGG's only business model, wouldn't it be better for them to improve it? I understand that your argument is "you gotta suffer on 2fps see this cool MTX". Mine and most of us is "just improve performance on MTX at towns". And it's good that you don't have problems with lag, there are people who have lag, could you stop projecting your experience onto other people's problems? it's no a "you vs me" problem, thanks.

"
ReikaShikari wrote:
"my pc could handle this 6 years ago"

Time for a new pc friend

I also won't understand the need to upgrade the PC to play while under the same principle as the quote above, wouldn't it be in GGG's best interest for the money to be spent on their game?

I used to play on Affliction 100% deli on giga juiced maps above 90fps, but in towns around 8fps, it's not a question of the PC, it's how poorly optimized the MTX are. And it seems absurd to me to have to upgrade to see a couple of colorful characters for 2 seconds since I will instantly go to my hideout or leave to continue the acts.
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info