MTX's are negatively impacting the gameplay experience

Increased town loading screen time to the point it's no longer worth TPing to town or relogging for speed run shortcuts unless you're playing ruthless(barely anyone in ruthless towns).

Obnoxious, loud annoying sounds(goblin troupe thing, just to name one).

Constant exploding/animations blocking NPC's, and just clogging up my vision.

I rush through the campaign and make sure to craft/vendor inside of my hideout while doing the campaign to avoid all the visual and audio clutter

I've never played as ga
These things negatively impact the game play experience for players.
Please consider adding a way to disable seeing or hearing other players MTX's.

Multiple reddit threads on this for year+:
Here's one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1br5lco/please_let_me_turn_off_the_goddamn_annoying_music/
Last edited by ShiyoKozuki on Mar 30, 2024, 2:34:12 PM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2024, 4:41:07 AM
HAHAHA ok
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
only a problem if you play on a old or weak computer.
Oh well toaster ain't made for gaming after all..
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:

Trying to minimize and marginalize people isn't being helpful. This is a 10 year old game running far below industry standard graphics. So you shouldn't have to have a card or cpu that came out in the last 2 years. Who has 2k to spend on a new PC every 2 years? GPU's today are still $300+ for a meh card.

An I would bet more than half of the MTX people standing in town are just doing it to troll people. Back when I played WoW the people who tried to marginalize people the hardest in PvP post where the same people who just wanted to gank lowbies. They would get so mad and fight so hard to be able to ruin other peoples gaming, and they were the loudest pro PvP activist on the forums.

I think there may be a correlation.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Mar 30, 2024, 12:44:19 PM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:

This is a 10 year old game running far below industry standard graphics.

It's not. It was released (again) just yesterday.
The game from 10 years ago does not exist anymore unless archived by GGG.
And while I haven't done it, because my machine is old and I didn't even get the best graphics card back then, if you crank all the settings to 11, the graphics aren't shabby at all.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Pashid wrote:

My computer is extremely good. I can run every modern AAA game on ultra and get 60+ FPS.

I have < 1 second loads anywhere else, and had <1s loads in towns on my old computer before MTX's got out of control years ago.
This is purely a MTX issue.
Last edited by ShiyoKozuki on Mar 30, 2024, 2:21:17 PM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
This is a 10 year old game running far below industry standard graphics.
It is not though. The game is in constant development and receives engine upgrades and such very frequently. It is far from what it was 10 years ago. Hardware requirements change.
POE in towns is a joke now, 2 guesses as to why that suddenly became a thing.

I decided against spending money on the game this league due to all the nonsense constantly ruining the aesthetic and atmosphere of the game when in towns
Multiple reddit threads on this for year+:
Here's one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1br5lco/please_let_me_turn_off_the_goddamn_annoying_music/
Now GGG can start selling MTX that allows you to stay in HO even after you log off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info