Saboteur with new Triggered gems

Just saw a list of new gems and several of them have the "trigger" tag. How many of them can work with the trigger bot? If my memory serves me right, not all "trigger" skills work. IE: Prismatic gem.

Would be cool if Automation works with triggerbot and Sabo has cool-down reduction too.

Can't imagine if Sacred Wisps support work with trigger bot?

What about Holy Relic ? Any idea guys? I am trying to plan a new build for the league.
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 6:18:23 AM
Triggered spells only.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
Would be cool if Automation works with triggerbot and Sabo has cool-down reduction too.

Skills with a cooldown and without extra charges will have to wait for their cooldown to recover. That's a behavior you can test in-game.

Triggers have their own cooldowns; a skill gem with a cooldown has an independent cooldown.

That's why I don't use spells with additional cooldowns for my CWDT build (check my flair/footnote).

"
Can't imagine if Sacred Wisps support work with trigger bot?

Technically, yes. In practice, no. The skill has a summon limit of 2 and summons 2 wisps when triggered.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 29, 2024, 3:12:54 AM
Automation should work, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Triggerbots works only with spells so even if Sacred Wisps triggered supported attack, they wouldn't work together. What Sacred Wisps support triggers is wisps summoning, and it is a spell, but since it summons two at once and the maximum naumber of wisps also two, the interaction is worthless.

Holy Relic is a minion and triggers its own skill, Triggerbots can't re-trigger it.

"
Skills with a cooldown and without extra charges will only trigger once and then go on cooldown. That's a behavior you can test in-game.

That's also why Prismatic Burst won't work with Triggerbots. Triggers have their own cooldowns; a skill gem with a cooldown has an independent cooldown.

That's why I don't use spells with cooldowns for my CWDT build (check my flair/footnote).
Prismatic Burst works, Triggerbots has cooldown bypassing feature.
"
MonaHuna wrote:
Prismatic Burst works, Triggerbots has cooldown bypassing feature.

Thanks, I was quite sleepy yesterday, so my wording was very poor. I've corrected it now.

Still, regardless of the second trigger bypassing cooldowns, I meant that Triggerbots will not be able to trigger it again while the skill is on cooldown, unless it has multiple charges. I.e. Cold Snap or Frostwall.

For Prismatic Burst, the cooldown is higher than the rate at which you can potentially trigger it, so Triggerbots would only nerf your effective damage. In that case, you are better off focusing on Prismatic Burst itself instead of relying on a second trigger.

That is what I meant. Not sure why I worded it so badly. Was surprised myself after I re-read it today, lol.

Besides, you'd need Saboteur and CDR gear for it to not interfere too much with your effective trigger rate, except it scales poorly. With Like Clockwork's 30%, Shaper belt and boots with perfect 20% CDR each (40% total), a Stygian Vise and 5 reasonable jewel sockets, you'd need 6 Abyss jewels with 3% CDR each to get down to 0.330s cooldown. Though absolutely not worth it, as without all that, the base cooldown is 0.528s with a lvl 20 or 21 gem.
I highly doubt that automation+sacred wisps will work as you hope. The wording on the gem was something like 'supported skills will trigger summon sacred wisps' and the sacred wisps have their own description saying 'chance to use the triggering skill'

So my hot take is that you would trigger the summoning multiple times but not the skill usage by the sacred wisps themselves.

edit: somehow missed that this was already answered by MonaHuna. Kudos to you sir.
Last edited by SumTinWong on Mar 29, 2024, 6:20:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info