Instant crash after recent patch

I played most of afflicion league just fine with no issues. Decided i would get the cosmic turtle in the supporter pack and organize some of my standard stash prior to new league. First, I log on, select character and crash. Then i tried it over and over again changing settings from DX12, DX11, Vulkan. I run Vulkan usually. Kept crashing. Eventually i was able to get in, get on my character, and choose the turtle hideout - crash. Then i followed the guide in the pinned post. I cleared cached files, moved my client config files, and nothing. As a matter of fact I now always crash within a few seconds of the game launching. I get to see the GGG intro video and crash. I was able to start re-typing my login info and crash. I gave up.

CPU: Intel 13900K
GPU: Asus TUF RTX 4090
RAM: G.Skill 64GB 6000MHz

Repair steps taken:
1) GGG recommended from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3072628
2) sfc /scannow on windows
3) memory test - no issues found

EDIT: to note, previously i was able to stay within the character select screen for any duration - no crash. The crash would only occur once i try to actually log into a character and it tries loading the map/character.

EDIT2: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well. No change. Seems like im able to stay on login and character select indefinitely with Vulkan. DX12 and DX11 is instant crash.
Last edited by JackalOG on Mar 27, 2024, 8:30:26 PM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 8:22:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info