Lag Spikes up to 10K - frozen for over a minute etc. MTR Link in comment

Hi, can someone help me figure out whats going on? Wired connection, no other issues with any other task using internet or anyone else in the house.

MTR Detail shows two hops with big packet loss but doesnt look like its on my end?

https://pastebin.com/81JHR9Jr
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 8:49:14 PM
FYI those hops that show more than 1% packet loss are non consequential (something called ICMP Deprioritization)

You do have 1% packet loss though, but that would manifest as slight stuttering.

The main issue i see is the high latency spikes and it seems that your connection is taking too many hops to get to the server.

First hop (the router) spiking at over 200ms isn't great BUT it creeps up in both average latency and spikes over the next 4 hops.

Also another FYI, you would be automatically disconnected at 6000ms (there seems to be a bug with the graph in game where it keeps calculating at the rate the latency was going up)

Pull the plug on the router for a few minutes then try again, though i would expect that to do nothing other than clear up the first hop.

Other than that call your ISP and provide them the WinMTR.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
What about the two sections that show huge packet loss networklayer.com or something

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info