Blazing Salvo and fork / chain support

in game, both fork and chain support claim they work with Blazing Salvo (they show the little green checkmark)

however, fork does not make extra projectiles, when hitting enemies OR when just hitting the ground.

Also, as far as i can tell, projectiles never chain. even when there are multiple targets in range that have not been hit by any original projectile.

RETURNING projectiles support, works as expected, and i can clearly see the projectiles land, explode, and come back toward me, where they land and explode again.

But neither fork nor chain appear to do anything.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 7:23:48 PM
i know that, like, 3 people have played blazing salvo in the last year, so its not a priority.

and with league launch in 2 days, its *super* not priority.

but id kinda like to play this skill, so just seeing that 'this is known' would be nice

or for someone else to tell me 'hey these both work on my end, double check your character', that would be cool too
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Mar 27, 2024, 4:02:01 PM
I fixed a bug with Blazing Salvo forking in 3.23.1 (the projectiles did fork on hitting enemies, but then didn't travel any distance, just fell straight to the ground and exploded). Chain was working fine at that time.

I have tested in-game just now and both chain and fork do correctly work. They require one of the projectiles to hit an enemy (chain can occur from terrain if you have a stat to allow it), which is not guaranteed due to the randomness of the projectile's trajectories, but does reliably occur when they do collide with enemies.
i appreciate the response.

now i have to figure out why, when testing a simple 2 link of Salvo + chain/fork, i am not getting either of these supports to do anything other than increase my mana cost.

with a group of monsters a screen deep, im only seeing the initial group of projectiles.

for anyone that cares to check : i was testing salvo + fork / chain on Diesa_bane, in my gloves, with the other 2 blue sockets empty. i dont see any reason that projectiles on this character would fail to fork/chain, but i have missed interactions before.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Mar 27, 2024, 7:25:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info