Constant high ping even at gateway select [EU]

Hi there,

I'm a long time player in PoE and at the beginning of the 3.23 league I noticed that the Russia gateway became my only option to play since it's got ~60-80 ms from my point of view. Before that, I got like ~20-30ms on Frankfurt.

I know It might be a repost, but I have this problem on the login screen. Not necessary to check which instance I play in, since it's a constant high ping and not lag spikes...

I play from Hungary and my friends got no problems, I thought it was related to the insane overload of the new league mechanic on servers, but now I'm really scared ^^'

Is there any suggestion what can I do in this situation? Like ANY idea could help me here, what can I try or call and ask etc... IMPORTANT: I have no problem at all with any other internet/network/connection related thing (other games, downloads etcetc...)

Thank you all the help in advance.
All the best,
Toxi
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 2:55:42 PM
Hello, I've been having similar issues.
You can use WinMTR to see connection hops to the Frankfurt server and see if you have issues with your internet provider CGNAT redirecting the connection to the incorrect gateway. On WinMTR you can see each hop and their latency, then you can call your internet service provider and say that your connection is being redirected to a far away server, and with that it's giving you a high latency, and see if they offer any solution to the problem. You can also ask for a technician to go to your home to see the WinMTR report or use Windows CMD "tracert (poe server ip)".

Hope it helps, good luck!
Hi,

thanks for the reply and the detailed answer! I will definetely try it as soon as I have time to do so :)

I will also post a reply of the result.

All the best,
Toxi
Update: It seems like the gateway selection is bugged or missleading somehow, since in the game the ping is 20-30, but on the selection it says 120...

Thanks for the help anyway, if anything happens with the instances, then I will defenitely will try that :)

All the best,
Toxi
Okay so... I tested it for a lot of instances, and there are some problematic ones with 100+ ms pings. I gathered the data in a problematic instance here:https://pastebin.com/j5rXrDcY

Could someone please help me identifying the problem if there is any?

Thanks in advance,
Toxi
I have thix exact same problem, also from hungary, provider is Digi, optical fiber 1000/300 ftth service ... i suppose this is routing issue that we cannot do anything about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info