Hi, I have noticed that exsanguinate

sometimes does not applying the damage over time. What could be the problem?

Thanks!
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2024, 12:50:33 AM
You should ask this over here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-discussion

Someone may be able to help you.
Possible Cause 1 - The targets are outside of the cone - It's possible that you're simply shooting past enemies and the projectile's not actually connecting to a hit box as expected.

Possible Cause 2 - Chain Misshaps - Exanguinate fires a number of chaining projectiles, meaning there is an upper limit before support gems, of enemies each cast can hit. If firing into a target rich enviroment, or due to geometric positions in which some enemies cannot be hit (odd corners, chains returning to previous targets, etc), that you are getting a 'miss' type of apperence.

Possible Cause 3 - Overstakced - Exsanguinate can only be applied to a given enemy up to 3 times, over casting it won't provide additional damage over time, and instead result in 'wasted' impacts, though of course you'd need to be firing pretty quick for this to be the result (though an excess of three casts pre second is hardly impossible, nor even difficult).

Can you strike off all three from this list to attempt to narrow less obvious causes of problems?
"
Possible Cause 1 - The targets are outside of the cone - It's possible that you're simply shooting past enemies and the projectile's not actually connecting to a hit box as expected.

Possible Cause 2 - Chain Misshaps - Exanguinate fires a number of chaining projectiles, meaning there is an upper limit before support gems, of enemies each cast can hit. If firing into a target rich enviroment, or due to geometric positions in which some enemies cannot be hit (odd corners, chains returning to previous targets, etc), that you are getting a 'miss' type of apperence.

Possible Cause 3 - Overstakced - Exsanguinate can only be applied to a given enemy up to 3 times, over casting it won't provide additional damage over time, and instead result in 'wasted' impacts, though of course you'd need to be firing pretty quick for this to be the result (though an excess of three casts pre second is hardly impossible, nor even difficult).

Can you strike off all three from this list to attempt to narrow less obvious causes of problems?

Huhu, i'm cleared of all three. I was trying the skill yesterday with my end game character (preparing for the next league). So maybe the problem was with my build that caused the dot to not apply. Using exsanguinate with an fresh character my solve my problem.

Thanks mwamwa.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info