Suggestion for Charms and which was taken jewel

Charms and twwt jewel represents small ascendancies
and as we get ascendancies from Labyranth
the game could add a jewel that add 3 charm slots on the passive tree ,charms and twwt all To be Lab only drop.
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 5:17:17 PM
No, the current state of the game is already full of way too much player power. There's no need for further power creep.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
No, the current state of the game is already full of way too much player power. There's no need for further power creep.

I didn't know the day would come when I would agree with you. +1
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
GGG always give with one hand and take with the other I don't see why any experienced POE player would use "no more power creep" as a reason second ascendancy can't be worked into POE.

Personally I love the D&D-like "double class" vibes in terms of build crafting.

And I can imagine any number of ways they can add that vibe and these Ascendancies to the game without breaking anything wide open in terms of player power.

The simple fact is the game is plenty hard if you're not a meta follower trading and using a meta skill, something like 60-70% of the games skill are woefully under the high water mark of "skills people always use when they talk about how easy POE is". It saddens me when people then use those high water marks as reasons why POE can't add creative shit like second ascendancy. This is why I've railed against the Clear speed meta... Its become a reason why "we can't have nice things".

POE is easy because of Trade and meta gaming and selecting overperforming skills and strats, or because you're Ben_ or some shit. The proper fix to these REAL issues is to pull the outlyers and overperformers down and lift everything else up. But we can't have this because GGG no longer has the balls to do the surgery thats necessary.

So here we are in a world where we can't have cool fun fresh build crafting metas "because of balance".

In any case they could do any number of things to balance the additional choices. Make both Classes use the same pool of Lab points for example, this would be near zero power creep option (theoretically at least). I can think of half a dozen others, including making them cost X or Y passive tree points per node, and that cost is sufficient to pull passive tree power down to be nearly equal to that which is gained. Or giving each Ascendancy some sort of malus.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 5, 2024, 5:22:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info