MFA

Hey Guys, was trying to find out where to enable MFA for this game? I couldnt find the setting, where is it?

I have google and microsoft MFA ready to go. How can I connect them?
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2024, 2:31:21 AM
I'm afraid we do not provide multi factor authentication. However, we are able to provide a manual unlock code for you. If you would like more information regarding this, please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com :)
"
Tai_GGG wrote:
I'm afraid we do not provide multi factor authentication. However, we are able to provide a manual unlock code for you. If you would like more information regarding this, please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com :)

Hi Tai, I emailed support and they told me they could remove the unlock code. I actually want to make my account more secure, not less secure.

Is there anyone I could speak to in that regard?
Last edited by ABVT on Feb 20, 2024, 12:26:59 PM
There is no multi factor security, it's a very strict IP lock, anyone that gains access to the account needs to have both your game account details and your email account details

You can however enable a similar security feature on your email account (depends on the service provider but gmail at least do this) so when anyone tries to access the games unlock code that is emailed to you, they need to log into the email account to get the unlock code and when trying to do so the email account locks and they send a text message with the unlock code for the email account.

Most hacks are from 2 things, people reusing the same passwords (there is a list of details from the big hacks over the years that gets resold all the time and added to...hackers go through this and try all games with those details.

The other is keylogging...where you need to pick up the keylogger from somewhere (dodgy links/websites)

Been playing for many years and not managed to get hacked even with the normal security.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 20, 2024, 2:58:09 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
There is no multi factor security, it's a very strict IP lock, anyone that gains access to the account needs to have both your game account details and your email account details

You can however enable a similar security feature on your email account (depends on the service provider but gmail at least do this) so when anyone tries to access the games unlock code that is emailed to you, they need to log into the email account to get the unlock code and when trying to do so the email account locks and they send a text message with the unlock code for the email account.

Most hacks are from 2 things, people reusing the same passwords (there is a list of details from the big hacks over the years that gets resold all the time and added to...hackers go through this and try all games with those details.

The other is keylogging...where you need to pick up the keylogger from somewhere (dodgy links/websites)

Been playing for many years and not managed to get hacked even with the normal security.

Thanks for your input lagwin1980! I do understand that you are satisfied with the security options that are available for your account. However, just because it has not happened yet does not mean it cannot.

I am not as satisfied and I am still interested in speaking to someone in regard to upping the security on my account, if that option is available. As Tai said in his response, 2FA might be available in the form of a manual unlock code.
"
ABVT wrote:
I am not as satisfied and I am still interested in speaking to someone in regard to upping the security on my account, if that option is available. As Tai said in his response, 2FA might be available in the form of a manual unlock code.

TBH i don't consider that more security, thats just the same level but with extra steps and the way a hack would work is exactly the same.

I.E hacker has access to both sets of details (game/email) tries to access the game, it is locked as per the IP change, hacker then accesses your email account, gets the code, enters it, and gains access to your game account.
A manual unlock code is STILL sent to your email address, so if you were at risk of hacking before you are still at risk.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info