Trade macro and awakened poetrade

I haven't played poe in a few years and I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere about if these are still allowed or not. Some people saying they are getting banned, others say it's fine, and I didn't see an official stance on it from ggg anywhere aside from players referencing the ToS.

I've never read the ToS, and likely most others have not as well. Is there an official answer somewhere on if we are allowed to use trade macros?

I tried just pasting item info from game into the poe trade site search bar, looked around for an import button or something, and nothing.

Getting reminded all over again why I stopped playing poe before, trading is a mess in this game, and the official trade site is just awful.

Thanks in advance for any help with this, via official statements from ggg aside from posted ToS. It's TL;DR.
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2024, 4:44:07 PM
"
Ysonoko wrote:
I haven't played poe in a few years and I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere about if these are still allowed or not. Some people saying they are getting banned, others say it's fine, and I didn't see an official stance on it from ggg anywhere aside from players referencing the ToS.

I've never read the ToS, and likely most others have not as well. Is there an official answer somewhere on if we are allowed to use trade macros?

I tried just pasting item info from game into the poe trade site search bar, looked around for an import button or something, and nothing.

Getting reminded all over again why I stopped playing poe before, trading is a mess in this game, and the official trade site is just awful.

Thanks in advance for any help with this, via official statements from ggg aside from posted ToS. It's TL;DR.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the legality of third-party tools, as we aren't able to thoroughly and accurately check exactly how they work.

In general, we do not encourage the creation or use of third-party tools because they provide advantages for players that use them. I'm afraid that we're unable to guarantee if a tool is allowed or would remain allowed in the future.

I would recommend refraining from creating or using any programs that automates or does more than one action with a keystroke or mouse click as well as anything that interacts with the game client to provide an advantage over other players or provide information that isn't normally visible.
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the legality of third-party tools, as we aren't able to thoroughly and accurately check exactly how they work.

In general, we do not encourage the creation or use of third-party tools because they provide advantages for players that use them. I'm afraid that we're unable to guarantee if a tool is allowed or would remain allowed in the future.

I would recommend refraining from creating or using any programs that automates or does more than one action with a keystroke or mouse click as well as anything that interacts with the game client to provide an advantage over other players or provide information that isn't normally visible.

Yeah that sounds about like what I had been reading.

Any chance we get some kind of paste feature for the official trade website, so we can paste items in to get appraisals without having to painfully detail a filter for each item we'd like to appraise? That's mainly what those third party programs do anyways.

Thank you for the reply.
I speak corporate and will attempt to translate.

Right now awakened poe trade basically uses a hotkey to copy the item info to your clipboard, and then does some post-processing on the item info in your clipboard using its own interface. If it ever starts doing things to the game client other than Copying the info to your clipboard then they'll have to reevaluate it. GGG has no control over the content of awakened poe trade, and doesn't recommend that you use it because of the security implications to your account as well as the fact that it can be updated to do more than one thing which would result in your ban.

IGN : Reamus
"
Andromansis wrote:
I speak corporate and will attempt to translate.

Right now awakened poe trade basically uses a hotkey to copy the item info to your clipboard, and then does some post-processing on the item info in your clipboard using its own interface. If it ever starts doing things to the game client other than Copying the info to your clipboard then they'll have to reevaluate it. GGG has no control over the content of awakened poe trade, and doesn't recommend that you use it because of the security implications to your account as well as the fact that it can be updated to do more than one thing which would result in your ban.

Yeah I gathered this much from their response. I have some IT background so I'm pretty clear on what that response means, do it at your own risk.

Knowing that, I'm left wanting more from the official trade site so I don't need to rely on third party tools. Thanks for the help tho.
Last edited by Ysonoko on Feb 15, 2024, 4:45:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info