Discus Thread about the upcoming Mute System

how is the new Mute system regulated, will be there real humans to check it or is it everything automated stuff? because isee so many abuseable things into that system what can ruin the trade entirely for the next league if some groups reporting players who didnt get a expensive item? such related in some Discord groups, who abuses those systems. i hope is everything handled by a human not with a automated system. would be interessting if we get some clearnes into that new system.
Last edited by Lazra2000 on Feb 10, 2024, 7:18:55 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2024, 4:33:08 AM
Hi there,

All mutes are applied by our moderation team (human) and if there has been any moderation action applied to your account in error make sure to email us at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into it further. Additionally if there are people abusing our system we will be sure to investigate further.
thanks for the fast response, i hope the new system will not affect us too much for the new League, because of cutting us from the trade website completly its also not depending for how long, that can also be 40minutes and ruining the game experience in the trading leagues.
"
Lazra2000 wrote:
how is the new Mute system regulated, will be there real humans to check it or is it everything automated stuff?

It'll work as it dose not.

Almost every single mute that is handed out is because people in chat report a person and then support have to sit and go through that shit manually apply the mute.

The only exception to that would be spam (usually RMT) which is automatically filtered (provided the spammer hasn't managed to by pass the current filter temporarily)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Saying that human hands are involved is no comfort. Humans were involved in every crime throughout history, and every failure of law enforcement throughout history, and every half baked corporate policy throughout history. Saying that humans reviewed something also doesn't mean anything, because humans can be misled and you've offered no criteria or guidelines that they're operating under.

For all we know they could be reviewing each report with a coin flip because that is the most fair way to review these things. Furthermore, just because a human is reviewing it does not mean that the human involved isn't deferring to the judgement or whimsy of something else, like a small cat or a puppy or some manner of eldritch entity that lives in the strange geometry of their ceiling. It also doesn't mean that human isn't trying to automate their work tasks with AI or some other kind of expert system, resulting a rube goldberg machine of eldritch entities flipping coins to appease kittens.

THAT IS HOW RIDICULOUS THE NEW POLICY AND THE COMMUNICATION REGARDING THIS NEW POLICY IS.
IGN : Reamus
"
Timothy_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

All mutes are applied by our moderation team (human) and if there has been any moderation action applied to your account in error make sure to email us at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into it further. Additionally if there are people abusing our system we will be sure to investigate further.

Does support see only the reported message or also context to it?

"
Gamingtwink wrote:

I'd suspect that they can look up the context as part of the moderation process.

To me it would depend on what is getting reported whether or not they dig further, a lot of the stuff reported is blatantly breaking the ToS so there wouldn't be any need (even if there is a but they started it first type thing going on)

But occasionally support do get tickets where it looks like the reporter managed to miss click the message they wanted to report and a mute was still handed out.
To me that means they got the report read the reason why it was getting reported, wondered why said message was getting reported, filtered the chat logs to the time stamp/character and found what they were looking for.
The only downside there is that when the mute message comes through that occasionally the reason has not been updated and it gives a user a nice wee screen shot to come on the forum and make like they are innocent.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Gamingtwink wrote:

I'd suspect that they can look up the context as part of the moderation process.

To me it would depend on what is getting reported whether or not they dig further, a lot of the stuff reported is blatantly breaking the ToS so there wouldn't be any need (even if there is a but they started it first type thing going on)

This is already enough to tell that system is flawed. In order to moderate fair, you always have to look at the context. As human, AI is not reliable for this (for now).

Simple example: ping arrives from bot, showing message like "Year, whatever, just give me your credit card number lolol)))".

Sounds blatantly breaking, right? But might as well be joke reply to someone complaining about how he cannot get good items or how div drop rates are rigged against him personally.

Now, if GGG's monitoring bot system indeed shows only the target message, as a moderator, would you go through the trouble of going there and reading wall of text near that message? Or you just click "mute", type some number like 1000 hours and be done with it because you are tired and there is a wall of other pings before you?

Idk about poe backend, but global chat is likely fragmented, to avoid syncing too many clients there at once, so there are much more messages to moderate than any player can see from his client.
i do not understund the new rules.
It is allowed to have as much account as you want so are you just trying to make the playerbase use alt account for global chat ?

The CoC (code of conduct) seems very useless to me as almost every sentence i can think of would breach it in some way.
At least they do lock all forum threads from muted players instantly :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info