Account Moderation Changes

"
Jitunu wrote:
it's remarkable that this was even typed out without catching how blatant the abuse of it is going to be

Calling it now, this will be The Chataclysm unless GGG figures out how to keep it from being abused, and reduces mute lengths for silly infractions.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
We will also be applying harsher mutes for players that are intentionally being sent to the Void with character names that breach our Code of Conduct.

there are so many names that i don't see how they are even allowed in the first place. honestly surprised that name moderation was never implemented in the first place as in many cases it should be
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Lol, almost all time (like 99.99%) i don't use chat anyway. No globals, no trades, they are useless. Just whispers, and maybe ghazzy global, if need spectres.
So why you guys so upset ? No chatting - no muting.
If players can report other players and get them automatically muted due to the amount of reports coming in, you're literally giving users the ability to perma ban other users from trade. This is a complete disaster. These punishments can not ever be made automatically, because they will be weaponized by players against other players.

There are issues related to chat that are more and less important. I'm all for permanently banning anyone advertising RMT, spamming racial slurs/clear racism etc. but there will be people who are scamming other players, and then when that player gets mad and types a swear word at them, the victim will be reported and potentially muted/unable to trade. It's bad enough that you can get muted for telling a scammer to go f*** themselves, but that is understandable. Getting trade restricted because of auto-mod/mass report is not acceptable.

Trade bans should always be issued manually, because chat offenses can be easily misinterpreted, like in the case of this player: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/
Last edited by AsmodeusPOE on Feb 14, 2024, 10:57:24 AM
I was getting doxxed in chat before and you guys did nothing to help someone harrasing me and yet I get muted for a copy pasta withing 30 sec, and now you get banned from trade also for the duration. I am not sure about this one honestly. While the game is great to me the chat moderation in this game has been sub-par, not to mention seeing bias in political mutes at times. Even seen someone in this post say they will antagonize to get people to say something to report them already.
"No wonder it's lost.. its in the middle of the jungle!"
"
navigator4223 wrote:
Last Epoch has CoF and therefore a viable offline mode. Thats the future.

[Removed by Support]
What does CoF stand for? Also I have it on good authority (randos on the internet) that LE still does not actually have an offline mode, because it still requires you to authenticate with their servers every play session. Thus not offline.
I'm sorry, GGG.
But this is really terrible idea and you need to not do this.

This is excessive.
The GGG Chat moderation team has greatly disliked for a long time.
You guys have become even less transparent than before if that was even possible regarding reasoning and explaination for your system.
Not to mention the very murky waters that players tred in when posting in chat.

Anything and everything can be reported or trigger a moderators personal sensitivity and bias.

This is not okay.

I've been in this community for 11 years and have seen many, many different Chat moderators/GM's and most of them have been incredibly biased and improperly trained.

Please create a standard foundation for global chat and get your Chat house in order, because this is very embarrassing to see how bad it is.

xoxo
"
ActuallyAMan wrote:
"
navigator4223 wrote:
Last Epoch has CoF and therefore a viable offline mode. Thats the future.

[Removed by Support]
What does CoF stand for? Also I have it on good authority (randos on the internet) that LE still does not actually have an offline mode, because it still requires you to authenticate with their servers every play session. Thus not offline.

Circle of Fortune. It makes SSF (they call it SAF) actually viable by massively increasing drop rates + enabling target farming for people who don't want to trade.

Full offline mode went live today.

No risk in this game to fall prey to chat minefields, which is why I probably moved on from here for good.

I hated the trade manifesto and the idiosyncratic SSF philosophy with a passion anyway, there just was no other good ARPG until today.

LE I can play like I want - as a single player game where I can still see all the endgsme without having to waste my hours Alt+Tabbing and spamming trade requests because of some really backwards trade manifesto and ridiculous drop rates even in SSF.
Last edited by navigator4223 on Feb 21, 2024, 5:10:46 PM
Yes... This is an utter joke.

I got muted for days in 820 just recently, for expressing dismay over an uber.

The punk who felt like reporting me crawled back under their stone and was never heard from again.

I was enjoying coming back to this league, just missed the mtx box to buy on sale, but boy am I glad I didn't spend a single extra penny on this.

Your mod(s) have harassed me personalkly forcing namechanges when there are awfuly rude names in same time with mine not even remotely close to such names... makes me laugh.

I cannot now buy my last dedications because through trade ot finish my 1 challenge
because some lowlife's desire to ruin other people's weekends.

I am now streaming Last Epoch instead and enjoying the nicer, non-toxic trap than [Removed by Support].
Let me tell you this, and look to Bungie as an example.. I started calling out their various issues *specifically* for 2 years over and over; the extreme fanbois kept at it refusing to listen but reason trumps misplaced loyalty. And now they are falling apart. By starting to treat your community like this, it will not take long going from hero to zero and you will see just how fast the community can fall apart.

Yes, you have already "won" GGG. You sold the company, made bank so you care less.
Your RMT backing yet callously treating the honest, solid base as you do with more and more ridicule will bring you more loss than gain I suspect.

It takes years to build "trust, loyalty, following, community", but months to unravel.

You will still keep making bank but this garbage will be reverted I suspect once you see the consequences but this constant decisions of increduility will just continue make you lose respect.

[Removed by Support] - mute harassment vs. how you used to be... NOT that many years ago when I wrote to support about things, I got GENUINE, DOWN TO EARTH and SENSICAL replies an dsolutions. That made me enjoy this company and game for a good while.

Your true colours shone through with tft/rmt/jenebu crap and this is just to me, close to a nail in the coffin.

Shame on you! Shame!!
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Feb 25, 2024, 8:04:14 PM
Clown town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info