Account Moderation Changes

We're making some changes to account moderation, specifically to the effects of being muted. When an account is muted, the new restrictions will be as follows:
  • You will be unable to send or receive whispers from players if they are not on your Friends List and you are not on their Friends List.
  • You will not be shown as online on the trade website.

We will also be applying harsher mutes for players that are intentionally being sent to the Void with character names that breach our Code of Conduct. Abusing the message broadcast of being sent to the Void to advertise or promote RMT will result in a permanent mute.

The changes to restrictions imposed by mutes will be included in an upcoming patch in the next couple of weeks, however the changes to mute policy are in effect as of the time of this post.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Noice!
Good
I think it's good that the ToS will be enforced more meaningfully, but I'm not sure about removing the ability to use the trade site if you get muted.

Will there be an option to appeal the mute?
Last edited by PurpleChakra on Feb 6, 2024, 8:13:48 PM
Very nice!!!
"
PurpleChakra wrote:
I think it's good that the ToS will be enforced more meaningfully, but I'm not sure about removing the ability to use the trade site if you get muted.

Will there be an option to appeal the mute?

Yes. Contact support@grindinggear.com
Will this affect people with existing mutes? I know someone that’s like 300 or something days into a 900 day mute for getting into an argument with a poe moderator but who hasn’t done anything since. Getting banned from all trade for 600 days seems a little harsh.
Last edited by darklord22 on Feb 6, 2024, 8:26:40 PM
Can't wait to bait people into calling me an idiot and then reporting them, because that is enough to constitute a mute with the current system. New minigame unlocked, thanks!
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Gotta crack down on RMT hard before the new trade system.
Still feel scammed I can't have my Closed Beta Support Title anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info