What Diablo 4 Should've Learned from Path of Exile

Last edited by VeryBrutalJK on Jan 29, 2024, 8:16:24 PM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2024, 3:44:36 PM
Yes, I agree that the traps in Diable 4 are bad. I also agree that the traps in Labyrinth are worse. However, playing Diablo 4 season is not a reasonable option because the traps are spread all over. It's best to just not play Diablo 4 until the next season, IMHO.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
They didn't really learn anything from the schism between D2 and D3.

We told them that the voice mailing bosses were badly designed. That narratively it made no sense that the plot would be literally phoned in.

The crafting sucked. The follower sucked. Nothing really resembling what made D2 great to begin with.

So D4 looks like D2 but it plays like D3. Obviously it's going to be unpopular. I refunded it during the beta weekend. I only needed the campaign preview to know the game was bad.

They could turn it around but man the work is going to be massive. The gameplay is too simplistic. The itemization is very shallow. The campaign is about as good as D3's campaign.

All of that is going to require massive shakeup. So don't expect it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info