Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

This skill just seems like a wasted slot. I can only imagine this being somewhat useful on a totem that summons skellies. But even then there are better things you could do.

The way it levels up is underwhelming, each resistance should get the same amount per level.

It might more tempting to use this if they bump the elemental resistance a bit, and add some chaos resistance and/or armor.
This gem is penis. I am sad that there's not more discussion on it. That is all.
A weak gem with a massive multiplier in an already expensive setup that is overshadowed in almost every respect by other supports rendering it practically useless to man & beast. That is all.
Why dont make the progression like this:
+1 to fire
+1 to cold
+1 to lightning
+1 to all
and then repeat every four levels (at least)
and maybe increase the maximum by 1 point from lvl 16 and beyond
Last edited by Valriel on Oct 1, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
Now with passive aura nodes, you can cap your zombies resi with Purity of elements.

Who would need this weak and unpopular gem?
"
Oiranoiccid wrote:
Now with passive aura nodes, you can cap your zombies resi with Purity of elements.

Who would need this weak and unpopular gem?
totems, specters, dominating blow'ed creatures.
Back in Beta, you kind of needed MaTER to cap resists along with Purity (of Elements); this was the prefered method; with Necromantic Aegis, you wouldn't need it at all. In Release, the Increased Effect of Auras passives largely undermine this use, and MaTER only really seems optimized in combination with minor resistance-granting methods such as Mon's Grasp... and I'm not really confident there is another example to give. I guess Purity of Elements without Increased Effect of Auras would use this, if anyone actually goes that route.

Of course, that is all late game. I feel MaTER is still pretty strong while leveling Purity of Elements, since it won't cap until you collect those Aura nodes. So boosting MaTER's early levels isn't so necessary. I would, however, like to see some cool endgame benefit, like increasing the maximum resistance cap.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I just cannot get the point of this gem.

Even 20/20 gem cannot cap the zombie resi.
Either the mana multiplier should be reduced to 120% or the base resists increased to 25 or so starting out. It helps your minions but not much. Not even comparable to increased minion life in terms of survivability.
i tried calculating alot of possible outcomes and still this gem is not worth it even with a smaller multiplier it would only become "ok...ish" when your minions die anyway with 3 or 4 hits id rather have them dish out more dmg during their lifespan than survive 1 or 2 additional hits but have your "pack" deal less overall damage.

the only thing that comes to mind currently would be totem builds but even then the better your gear gets the worse this gem is

dont know how this gem is for dominating blow
Last edited by Esto on Aug 27, 2014, 8:03:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info