Last played 10+ years ago...

Hi all,

I'm just getting back into the game and am a little bit overwhelmed by all the changes. Last time I was around, there were only 3 acts, and I wrote several popular guides involving party synergies and low budget Atziri killing builds with Lioneye's 50/50 physical/elemental CoC and max run speed manual dodging. Is this still a thing? I don't necessarily want to jump on whatever the new hotness bandwagon is, but if there is an accessible casual build with relatively similar play style, I would appreciate being pointed toward where to start. Are there quest based respecs for if I just want to experiment?
Last edited by feyith on Jan 10, 2024, 1:46:16 AM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2024, 3:59:05 AM
dodging? whats that? its kill or be killed. fast
Hi!

A lot of things has changed and the best advise I can give you is to scroll through these forums to see if there's any build that seems fun or looks cool, whatever it is to keep your interest in. Other source is www.poe.ninja and see for builds.

Also, just start playing and try out the new content you encounter, try out different things and experiment. It's not a competition to see if you can be the best, quickest, strongest or whatever.

Also, there are quests that gives you the respec points and eventually you'll find orb of regrets which can be used to get more respec points.

Also, manual dodging is a thing but it's mostly boss mechanics and when in campaign or in maps, you want to either stay away from the monsters or stack up defensive layers to not get killed.

Welcome back to the game and enjoy, there's much to explore!
Thank you, Cravous! That's what I'm doing is started a new character from scratch and just playing through the content. WOW, there have been a lot of quality of life improvements! There are an overwhelming number of new bow skills, so I'm just kinda goofing around with them all to see what fits my play style. Galvanic and Caustic Arrow, the Ballista, and Mirage Archer all seem pretty cool. Is Volley a better LMP? It's good to see staples like Frenzy and Puncture are still around. I love multitasking and managing charges and stuff. Looks like a Lightning Arrow or Ice build with Acrobatics/Evasion tanking will be most similar to what I was doing before. It'll probably take some trial and error to figure out which advanced classes I like most. Thanks again! :)
EA Ballista is good right now. Its easy for new and returning players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info