[3.24]The dirty Scorpion-tail|Total Tank Trickster CI|Herald of Agony|Chaos-Minion 46M

+++ 3.24 News +++

In [3.24] Hoapolis the returning tattoos will free up full geared around 8 passivepoints and the keystone on skin of the lords. Some spell suppression notes and Chance to poison can be switched out. B.i.s. geared 11-14 passives will be free to spend.

Nice possibilities to path instead are the +1 chaos-mastery for damage, or ethereal feast for es-leech (with ball lightning of static lvl 20, quality 0) and recovery, or sovereignity for easy mana-management and free to choose amulet-anoint.

The allstars will also stack around 20% more ehp with es on tattoos in the build.

The boot-slot will become flexible and can be switched out to 10% more damage (i.e. windscreams, +1 chaos-mastery "corruption") or easy management with the rainbow stride-boots. In general some movementspeed will get in too.

Because the allstars travel much across int- and dex-notes and can get needed attributes easy on clustertransfers, the build turns in 3.24 much more easy for full optimizations.

With the new sapphire flask (+5-10 % increased max cold-resi) the synergies of aegis aurora and melding of the flesh become again much more valuable. 85%-90% all max resis are fast reached when you want further more focus on tankyness.

The necromancer get much substain with ghost reaver and es-leech when wanted.

The pathfinder get more easy 100% flask-uptime with some tattoos.

Capping attack block get possible too.

In rippy not to scip league-content and the new t17 map-mods the HoA-build defend with much more tanky defensive layers as other builds.
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 29, 2024, 6:52:57 AM
The trade-site of Poe is buggy and in the moment it's needed to select manually the necropolis-league in the drop-down-settings.
The Poe-trade-site https://www.pathofexile.com/trade is fixed.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 8, 2024, 12:21:28 PM
The pob-notes are shortened and updated.

(tl;dr, HoA-damage-scaling, checklist defences)

A new "HoA Lvl 34 / Damage / The Ubers"-set-up is added in the pob to reach the final tipping-point of the herald-gemlevel.

A +2 triggerwand or alternative the +2 dark seer sceptre and darkness-enthroned-belt is used, a chaos golem of the maelstrom for more withers and feeding frenzy is added in also.

44M damage, 1.1M ehp in maps.

HoA is back.
Minion-Meta ready.

Last edited by Chromino on Apr 20, 2024, 5:18:08 PM
Keystone 2M

In 4 guided ascendancies, especially in the guardian, the necromantic, and in the pathfinding-community, 2M arachnophobia views are united.

I never believed that the Herald of Agony with his unique mix of active minionstyle and total tank will become one of the most popular builds of the last years here in the forum.

Thank you a lot! Arachnophilia!

+++ 2 legs, 6 legs, 8 legs, it does not matter! +++
+++ Let's swarm and crawl! +++

Experiences of gamers with this build - Quotes and Posts

Ever since I played this build the first time.. I am not finding any other build even remotely tanky enough for me to play and enjoy.

I dont want to keep playing the same build over and over again but this build is just so overpowered that I am going to play it for a third league in a row.

Posted by
sidp2201

Yes, this build is literally *THE* tank. Other builds that are tanks should be compared to this build. I've played most of the other tank builds, and some of them are nearly as good as this, but nothing quite measures up.

On the down side, after playing this, everything you'll play will feel like a glass cannon! :)
Current league IGN: Grimjack_Expdition_HOAG
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Posted by
grimjack68

My best build ever.

Posted by
monik390

I dont know any other build that gets you so cheap into red maps.

Posted by
Humtol

Definitely the most "complete" build I've ever played. Easily does all content.

Posted by
AboveAverage

Sry for double post 53mln and when I'll be done I'll be 60 mln dps xD

Posted by
Volratheron

I’m going to start with this just to avoid rolling six alts this league then end up here anyway like last league.

Posted by
Ariakan80

Thanks a lot for the guide. A lot of stuff to learn but so far looking really good only level 76 and can do delve 200 and t16 maps.

Posted by
Mckoch

This is definitely the best build i've ever played.

Even though this is my 1st time meeting Sirus & tbh i'm quite slow & unskilled, I've managed to beat him deathless just now- tanking almost all his attack. I even forgot to switch from melee splash to multisrike for the spider.
I even dont have the anomalous HoA gem & many other gems also not at full quality but the build still very strong.

Before this i dont even bother to explore the atlas killing conquerors & sirus on my own due to squishy build.
Thank you very much for the build.

Posted by
chaoswind7

the build rocks..I am not dying and i am not afraid going into any fight coz 1 shots or other shits the game throw at u :)
THANK YOU Chromino :)

Posted by
AlexAndonov

...congratulations on the build. I've been having so much fun with her.
Thank you!

Posted by
Huntezudo

Was able to face tank normal sirus even without skin.

Posted by
2letterz

Hi there. Great build, easily cleared most things with the early versions and transitioned largely deathless to the late 90s! Cheers!

Posted by
CalmdownUK

Hi chromino !

I don't need any advice, i just want to thank you for this awesome build and guide, with ton of informations and help !
Just reached 140k armor with grace and iron reflexes, i feel like i'm immortal.
It's the first time i really feel having a powerful build, so really, thank you!

Posted by
Ertiks

Build is very nice, I am basically unkillable

Posted by
joshuagress12345

Hi,

I really love your build. Playing it for the last 3 leagues :-)
Thanks!

Posted by
max1203

I have to give you an award Chromino, Minotaur has been my nemesis as long as I can remember - even with all of the other 'tanky' builds I've played - I almost ALWAYS die way too much to Minotaur. Too lazy to learn his attacks/patterns? Idk!

Well, not so much a problem any more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5IVh0oIPg

Posted by
CLloyd0

Great guide and i was able to reach the farthest i've been in POE with this build. 38/40.
Thanks @Chromino and everyone sharing tips here!

Posted by
Roleless

More ....

Spoiler

Being able to afk ultimatum and also survive the trialmaster is crucial and this build absolutely allows you to do that even without the broken iron skin and aul amu combo. Being CI and immune to corrupted blood with a jewel is just a blessing in ultimatum (5 or even 6 affixes that doesn't effect this build at all) and the recovery from block is insane.

Posted by
Robale

Best build ever. My first A8 Sirius Kill deathless. Came close to dying 1-2 times. I love this awesome playstyle!

Posted by
mrflamee

Just came to post I did this build last league and was great.
Now that I have some gear, (FAR from BIS, crappy annoint, no watcher eye, so much to improve) it feels much more powerful than last time.
I league start this build with zero currency, and built it up quick.
Damage is better, even though I only reach lvl 30 HOAG so far (with emp 4 will be lvl 31)

Sirus a8 easy dies in a few minutes. T16 bosses die in few seconds.
Maven invitations, bosses die before new ones spawn, with mods no problem.
All conquerors and maven invitation (formed, twisted, etc) die easy.
For some reason the damage is just much better this league. And also super tanky of course, with no grace or iron reflexes.
When this build I can finally get BIS gear the game is really easy mode.
Great build again!

Posted by
VistaChris

Thank you for one of the best builds ever done! :)
I just switched to it from farming with freezing pulse totem.. was tired of dying. Now I cannot die lol... :D

Thanks again Chromino!

Posted by
Astarotte

"...played with it and Sirus 8/9 made me feel like walking in the park.

Thanks for what I currently consider the best build."

Posted by
radius540

[...] I dunno, that seems very cheap for the amount of damage and tanking the build can do. I was expecting it to cost a mirror at least with how capable it is of fighting ubers and laughing off hits that otherwise instantly kill anything else.

Posted by
Pizzarugi

We are rolling now!!! Thanks for all the help my dude! Killed Sirus A8 ez, 0 deaths. Running some real juiced up maps.

Posted by
NotAMage

Love this.
Thank you for this build. At last I got to 38/40 since Harbringer.

Sirius down, Uber Atziri down (first time!), Uber Elder down (first time!), new bosses down (deathless), Simulacrum 30 done, uber Chayula down (first time, deathless, and with 6-players party standing outside), Feared down (first time), each Maven crucible fights done deathless (not Feared...).

In the end I could learn the fights, go around my colour-blindness and end the league with satisfaction.

Maven fight:
- Vaal Molten Shell can save you from memory game explosion,
- self-casted Molten Shell and Frost Shield with Ruby+Saphir+Topaz buffs can save you from memory game
- focus on placing DoT's in the middle of arena (this kills us in the final stage)

Easiest? Uber Chayula (I went to get coffee mid-fight xD).

Posted by
Fukurokage

[...] amazing build i love it.

Posted by
Belphag0r

Thanks for all you rock Chromino :)

Posted by
Dark_Admin_42

Build is very nice, I am basically unkillable

Posted by
joshuagress12345

I am only at 50 virulences right now and I just flame dash and sit on anything I want. Quite nice lol.

Posted by
GunSm0k3d

I decided to try a sim for kicks since I picked up ailment immunity and 100% suppression, deathless simulacrum wave 30 clear on first try! I honestly thought I'd need more gear before I did that ...

Posted by
Budewnpa

This build is awesome when you start to get some gear. OK I am only mapping till t7 now, but in Ultimatums I really don't care what is the next reward, because I actually can't die. Once got somehow stuck in a T7 on a rune from Baran, surrounded by enemies. Could not cast, could not move and could not flask. I stoud there for solid 30 seconds, geting hammered on. Sure my ES drop once to 40%, but half a second and two blocks later, it was full again.

Its really is an awesome Build if you want to play relaxed PoE. For me its perfect in Ultimatum since I don't have to dodge anything. My adaptive resolution in Ultimatum drops so low, I can't even tell where the Chaos cloud (chaos immune is op), the frost orbs or the lightning circles are. I just stand there and hammer away.

My only issue is: I have sometimes a hard time to spawn spiders in fights like the maven trials. But the agony crawler will kill them sooner or later anyway.

Posted by
4nthraxx

This build is insane! Facetanking t16 awlvl 9 fully juiced trialmaster feels incredible. And my character was only lvl80 that fight.
I admire your work.

Posted by
dimka_po

This build is leaguestart friendly, as it use almost no special items to make it work.
Everything is a must have which increase the build by a lot, but even without the Skin of the Lord, the build can work...

With no expense (and no brain), with basic stuffs (no cluster, no jewels, no ring, no amu), Glancing Blow, and just Aegis, and 2 casual flask, you can already achieve :
- 5k es
- 30k armour
- 500k DPS
- 600 es on block
- 75/75 block chance
- capped resistance (75/80/76)

... At lvl 80
Seems already pretty good for a 10c build, no ?
Most of the builds don't reach this much tankyness / DPS combo with such "investissment".

Also, note that the build may be a leaguestart friendly, it's not a beginner friendly as there is a lot special mecanics in it, and you have to know it to leveling and playing it right.

Posted by
Chimnei_Moon

Im playing Mana Guardian every league. U can easly farm all content while drinking beer and eating pizza. I dont use spiders tho cos i hate this mechanic, I prefer more dmg for my scorpion. U are making hell of a work and forum thread is a masterpiece. And dont forget that time is mana friend ;)

Posted by
Chujogrom

The build is really fantastic and I feel immortal for 10 div already.

Posted by
Hydro_Slazenger

All the work put into this builds notes, trees, skills, items is nothing short of brilliant!
Thanks for the great build and awesome instruction manual that came with it bro! :)

Posted by
maoriwanderer

just wanted to tell you i love this build i pretty much make it once every league. since im pretty bad at the game a tank build with decent dps is really nice (also thanks for updating it pretty often saved my ass last league lol)

Posted by
elazhan

I played this build for first time at the end of 3.15 (I only played this league + syndicate), I played it as if I was league starting, no bonus gear from my main etc to see how I could start - was super easy. Was quickly running high end content, and even cleared A8 Sirus at 87 without even having all my gems capped.

Posted by
Trelander

I love this build. I'm playing Scourge as my first PoE league ever, i'm noob as fck. I don't understand anything (atlas, crafting, delve/mining, maps). But i love this build. I expect that this build would be playable trought the Leagues. My idea is to dominate this build in 2 or 3 leagues ^^ Thanks a lot. I hope you could up more content :)

Posted by
David ML

First time playing - having an absolute blast with my arachnids!
Thank you again for this build!

Posted by
CrowbarSr

What I can say, on a sirus a8 the only thing I dodged - meteor, simply because I don't dare to take it =) Everything else was just facetanked.
All degens besides giant balls were overhealed by ES on hit.

I didn't record this fight, but all I did - mostly just stood in one place and casted my crap.

In simulacrum with cyclone against normal monsters it feels freaking good. And against Kosis with storm burst, it is amazing too. I could save a lot of time just facetanking his barrage instead of dodging it. The only thing I have to dodge against kosis now is his super slam.
[...]
Did some bosses yesterday (2x maven 10, the hidden, sirus a8, maven boss fight) and 2 simulacrums. Besides 1 mandatory death on maven's last memory game, everything else was deathless and quite trivial.

As for maps, ugh... Whatever juice, whatever tier, whatever scourge stack, whatever mods besides no regen. I can steamroll it all at ease.

I will go full delve after finishing the feared and other peak encounters. Really wonder which depth will stop me =)
[...]
In any case, in 3.16 this build is a lot better than in any previous leagues in all fields, be it damage or tankiness.

Posted by
monik390

I love this build, im using a headhunter and its so fun haha im inmortal

Posted by
antofazul

Just wanted to say thanks for the build. Funniest I played so far and on my way to lvl 100. Kinda unkillabble, especially since I found Mageblood.

Posted by
DimitriusC

Thank you for the amazing build, Chromino! 2nd time playing this build in the new league and it's so fun and tanky :)

Posted by
mrflamee

I delved a lot tonight and basically just ran around the entire time not having to do anything or pay much attention.
I've been debating rearranging all my shield/block nodes on the tree to get to 38% both block chances and then going GB, but I just feel so untouchable with the full 100% block that I'm not sure if I want to give it up.

Posted by
cdnza

Feeling incredibly tanky and well rounded, haven't died once since I went CI at around lvl 69 or so.

I can pretty much just sit in any ultimatum and agony/spiders just destroy everything.

Might try to take this build to 100 considering how tanky this build is feeling.

Thanks for an awesome build guide

Posted by
TrancedOuT

Thanks so much for the awesome guide! I’ve played your spider version before and now going to try this one and as guardian.
Thanks for any advice and for an awesome guide!

Posted by
Omegasup

Once you have the items listed by the build you're literally unkillable.
I haven't died to ANY Ultimatum and completed all waves standing afk and just pressing flasks and ball lightning.

And i dont even have the Grace amulet and the Iron Reflexes armour yet. With it it would be like a Terminator :)

███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░

Posted by
Hey0cean

This build is incredible.I am lvl 73 and i can face tank t15 ultimatum indefinetely standing in stone circle and spam ball lightning, vaal discipline, molten shell and flasks. I have only 5000 es and 3000 mana. I have barely any cluster jewel.lol.full build at lvl 100 with all gear is immortal i think.lol

Posted by
dovahkin1986

Thanks for the build, it's just crazy how I can survive easily 150 stacks of scourge, juiced glennach nemesis 3 and mapping is super smooth, just obliterating everything.

Posted by
Jimm

Oh and I do get occasionally stun locked… it’s annoying because I don’t like to be stuck, but I don’t die so it’s ok.

Posted by
Ariakan80

Chromino u are the best :D
Yesterday I made changes and I have applied some things of your comment (Armor, flask, gems and make a wishlist :D)
Now I feel like I could eat the world.

Posted by
Belegrost

This build is waaaay tankier even on leveling already. I'm level 65, have white gloves (34 itemlevel), blue chest (27 itemlevel) and some random crappy rares from the ground (like leaguecontent-corrupted dagger 6 ilvl from the 1st act lmao).
And I literally die only if really believe in my immortality. I died 6 times for now and 4 times I just yolo run into big packs of everything. 2 because of afking.

You can imagine occultist's survivability with this gear level :D

But I never used Herald of Agony cause people commented here a lot of hard leveling times through this skill. I used Herald of Purity all the way in those crappy white 4-link gloves - HoP + Minion Damage + Summon Phantasm + Added Fire Damage. Plus 4link Storm Brand + Ball Lightning + Chance to Poison + Faster Casting (lol I need to fix this link I suppose :D).
And thats basically all, I don't have any cool items (brought Anvil for, maybe, 1c, that's all). I don't have 6links, don't have actually any other working links. Use steelskin on left mouse button and ~5 levels ago activated Determination.

I have dominating blow in my chest but I don't use it. Just too lazy to use anything except Flame Dash + Arcane Surge besides two 4L I mentioned before.

PoB is little chaotic, but you can find a ton of useful info on 50 page of this topic. It was the most helpful discovery for me here.

Posted by
allumino

Thank you for this amazing build! I done almost lv 99 and all end-game content without big problems! Now, after the 36th challenge, i can say without doubts this is one of my favourite build in 12 years of Poe, and surely one cleverly designed.

Posted by
emacir

thanks for your build, really easy to play when you know how to summon the spiders without panicking during a boss or a fight with a screen full of monsters

Memory vault + dagger + aegis aurora = you can start printing currency. Upgrade after upgrade ... facetanking while watching tv sirus 6, 9 waves of ultimatum T16 etc. still working on upgrading, need more exalted

Posted by
luvahiz

Almost all of the gear is pretty cheap, I was really surprised at how cheap the clusters are compared to most meta build clusters. [...]
Thanks for the very thorough guide!

Posted by
Umberger

Hey,
just wanted to say thank you for the great and insanely detailed build guide. So much fun to see what kind of potential builds in this game can reach.
Anyways cheers for this guide.

Posted by
a2b12

Hey thx for one of the best and well written guide i‘ve seen so far.

Posted by
sh0wtimeye

Almost level 91 and 0 deaths from this build. I've never felt so tanky before in PoE.

Posted by
TrancedOuT

I did league start with it as well, sure it has been a bit of a struggle

but now i am at a point i am steamrolling maps already with a dead here and there

Posted by
Solidwolf

I feel almost unkillable at the moment lol. It really is disgusting what I can afk tank. This build is amazing and I really appreciate the help to get me where I am now. I am destroying all content now and im focusing on just leveling. I am switching out my gems for bosses. I bought another chest also with 3 greens 2 blues and a red. So I can now flip flop the build to add phantoms if I feel like it. They clear maps really well.

Posted by
sedenko

I ended up running t12 maps on pre-ci, life version, with a 5 link in a ashrend, without any problems! strong build

Love this build and guide!
It was love at first sight.

Posted by
xACID_KVLTx

And you don't need BIS items at all. At the moment, I don't use Skin of the Lords with Iron Reflexes nor Aul's amulet. I use +1 gems corruption torso (which could as well be normal Skin of the Loyal) and +2 gems amulet (which costs around 4ex, but you could use +1 gems amulet which is very cheap). I killed A9 Sirus with this setup and it was easy, deathless.

Posted by
Wermine

Hey Chromino & contributors,

just wanted to say thanks for the guide(s). Reached level 100 for the first time and also cleared Simulacrum Lv30.

Keep up the good work!

Posted by
7kuu

Hello guys, hi Chromino,
thanks for the amazing build guide! Let the spiders reign!

Posted by
dapake

Map clear is excellent. Spiders do enough damage by themselves to kill anything short of bosses, and they are FAST.

I've played the aura stacker, and the damage on bosses here is going to feel weak by comparison. The tank, on the other hand, isn't second tier to anything. :)
This is why Chromino has tongue in cheek renamed Sirus' DIE beam to a healbeam, because we can literally stand in it to restore our energy shield.

I leveled 3 builds to 95+ in Expedition, league starting with this one. The currency I made with the Allstars funded an Explosive Trapper and a Forbidden Rite Totem build - without selling any gear from this one, I might add.

I constantly get into debates in /global when folks ask for the tankiest build available, and most folks push Jugg options. Or the Aura stack, which has a decent tank, but seriously relies on dealing enough damage to kill anything threatening. Nobody else uses Sirus' DIE beam to heal. :)

Posted by
grimjack68

[...] good I love the build !!

Posted by
Trentolin

You put up a legendary guide AND a crazy "shopping list" for literally every situation/budget [...] Not to mention builds unique "mana reservation" min-maxing type which allows you to do so much stuff that you CANT do without buying KEY expensive items [...]

Thanks for all your efforts! Amazing guide.

Posted by
feelthepain

Hello, this is the most comprehensive guide I've ever seen, bravo. Even GGG can't do that much. :)
Thanks for your efforts.

Posted by
Woneerfyalp

Sirus 8, deathless.

I only have 6955 energy shield, nonetheless, I can tank anything he throws. (Ok, I didn't attempt the chaos storms, or the meteor hit.) Little shots, DIE beam, corridor zig zag (don't bother dodging, this is the best chance to DPS him, just soak up the hits) even the spinning quad beam has very little effect.

Took longer than it should have because I forgot to switch my pantheon to refill my writhing jars over time, so just the ... short legged dirty tail. That description still makes me laugh every time!

I have to say, this build guide is *Awesome*. The level of detail, the various options, the explanations around gear / tree / skill gem choices are top notch. But what really makes this stand out is the raw language. I just can't stop giggling when I read about the "short legged" "dirty scorpion-tail" "premium lags"... the fun just keeps coming. I have never seen a more entertaining build thread, and I've been here a long... long... Long time.

Posted by
grimjack68

Finally hit level 100 with this build (none of that stupid AFK 5 way stuff either). It was an uphill battle, especially with the Delve 600 challenge but getting 40/40 was very fulfilling.
Thank you for the build, Chromino. I've played it two leagues in a row now and love it. It has been an absolute blast after a really rough league start.

Arachnophilia!

Posted by
CrowbarSr

Yep, my work on the build paid off really well.
In this league, my build is a lot better than it was in 3.15. Did so many improvements, got a lot more damage and tankiness.

So far so good.

Started with dom blow, since it's a very natural and the easiest way to lvl guardian, made it up to red maps with no gear bought. Switched to CI at lvl 8x with the budget alternative stuff, and made it possible to complete one of the hardest things in the game in my way.

Feels amazing.

Good luck with your things, exiles. This build is amazing when done right.

Posted by
monik390

Thank you for your guide, very comprehensive.

Posted by
Kateroze

Sirus A8 completed (first time ever)...

Posted by
Valsacar

I'm having very much fun with that build. Using full chaos conversation and tiny deviations in the tree.
Tons of damage for mapping and bossing. All content is possible. A9 Sirus and Uber Elder are nearly to easy ;)
About 10 Million PoB Damage, 6.6k ES, 71/71 Block. Feeling very tanky.
Getting 60 Virulence Stacks against bosses is also pretty well to do with the Storm Burst. Storm Brand is perfect for fast and agile mapping.

Thank you for @Chromino for the great guide. And everybody else for the great discussion.

Keep crawling and sting on.

Posted by
ElShrimpo

it's funny how sirus' die beam actually heal me instead of damaging me 😂

Posted by
zcythustk

Ooookay, after some struggle in the beginning (levelling was okay, map transition without some extra currency was painful, as I mentioned before) i've managed to get spiders and its just amazing. [...]
I can't actually tank EVERYTHING in game, but, well, mostly I can facetank things in moments where other builds couldn't even dream of. It defnately will improve with gear, cause I have only ~5.5ES for now and some items really need to be changed asap.[...]
Overall really great and VERY tanky build if you have some patience.

Posted by
allumino

Hi there,

made the 100% Chaos conversion Hoag and so far I'm really enjoying it. Reached Level 100 and destroying all content with ease!!! Thank you for the detailed Guide! Hoag on lvl 31 Slams with 6x Pure Agony & Cult-Leader!

It was a rough league start though, especially to get the Arakaali's Dagger in the first few days!

Posted by
paco2304

Thanks a lot for the work, this is the first time i see such a detailed guide.

Posted by
altevg

This is a very, very tanky build with enough DPS.
Elder/Shaper/Sirus (especially Sirus) fights are a joke using builds. I can pretty much stand in 1 space and dont bother avoiding anything while fighitng Sirus and never die =)

Posted by
Vladis

The build is awesome (which is why I keep coming back to it) and tanky as hell.

Posted by
Valsacar

I am currently enjoying this build quite a lot.
This build is like a small community within the game, which is just awesome.

Posted by
iuiz

It will be way better. I played this build last league, eventually killed everything, Sirius, Maven, etc. Just afked on Al-Hezmin in the centre of his arena cause of CI. He couldn't even make a scratch.
In a matter of tank your armor numbers should grow big for Aegis Aurora and slightly after ~60k it will be almost unkillable in normal circumstances.

Posted by
allumino

alright so at this point, I don't think I can make any more changes to what I have without spending 30ex for armor and amulet.. with that being said, this is probably one of the chilliest builds I've played in a long time. Scourge feels safe most of the time until I hit about 90 corruption stacks, I did sirus 8 yesterday and face tanked his beams and meteor. Maven invitations feel a bit tippy but that's on me since I'm new to the fights. All in all worth all the investment and headache to make the build how it is now !

Posted by
dpham99

Facetanked Minotaur like a boss with 4.8 es.

Posted by
RestInPieces

Hi, thanks for a great build (the most enjoyable minion gameplay I've ever played).

Posted by
Arrihon

Thank you so much,
Even without boss gems( I forgot to change), I got my first Sirus kill and that too A9. I died a few times as I am not familiar with all his stages but I did not think that I would be able to kill him before.

This build has spoilt me so much.. I dont think I can play any other build from now.

Posted by
sidp2201

I am enjoying the fact that im rarely - if ever - dying and rolling right along. im taking my time so i haven't done any major bosses yet, but mapping has been easy enough

this build though is very well thought out and planned, down to the smallest detail, and i appreciate the thought and time thats gone into it

Posted by
Soulstrike628

Chromino, thank you for building and maintaining this. I leveled to 80 now and I am slowly starting to hunt for needed gear.

It took me a while to wrap my head around the build and its complexities, but now I begin to appreciate all the thought that went into it, the multiple layers of defense and offence, the interactions between parts of the build, etc. Absolutely love playing it and I don't even have the dagger yet.

My hat off to you sir.

Posted by
Jadran

Loving the build so far Chromino! Thank you for the in depth and detailed POB and also description.

Posted by
Quickfade

Hi, this build is really charming and thx your hard work on this guide!

Posted by
seventhcat

Thanks Chromino for this build, it is dam awesome, I cleared Simu for 1st time today :O
Sure is tanky as hell! The damage is decent too!
I recorded wave 30 just for fun~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLguN5Fo8s

Posted by
Grassygarde

Many thanks to Chromino for this build.

My first build that able to melt almost everything with stress free gameplay.
My first Sirus A9 deathless something near in 3 minutes.
Maven not a problem at all. All ultimatums is a joke (except some unlucky ones)

And much more that i like - its so flexible, you can play with this build and adjust it how you like. More damage - no problem, more defence - no problem, different skills - no problem, you able to tweak it how you like. I am even not using spiders, because i don't like to spawn them and etc. Maybe i will play with some ascendancy passives, because without Phantasm supports i didn't have enough "Allies" near with me to get permanent Onslaught and etc.

Posted by
Zlatoruk

Can't wait to try this build. Thanks for the hard work!

Posted by
Feurn

But yeah I love the build. My reflexes aren't really great so something tanky was needed. I have seen my share of hairy situations i know none of my other chara could have dealt with. It's less DPS than a lot of other options, but it's very delicately balanced and when the pieces start falling in place it's downright exhilarating. Anyway, love it, just need to finish gearing !

Posted by
Wolrajh

Great guide, really loving it!

Posted by
tatiloco

Thank you Chromino for keeping this up to date!
It's going to be a great league.
BTW. I have a funny story to share, when I started to test the build at the end of Expedition, I accidentally opened a No Mana Regen map without knowing it. So I raised my 20 spiders and proceeded through the map, and then suddenly I realized I had no more mana left. "Well shit" I thought to myself, but I continued with spiders only and their number went down a bit a few times but they kept killing and re-summoning themselves and they cleared 3/4 of the map before I finally had to TP out and get a mana flask! So I cleared 3/4 of a T12 map with 0 skills used and buttons pressed except movement. Amazing.

Posted by
Jadran

Great build so far, starting to feel pretty tanky, now gotta work on damage but getting expensive now. :P

Posted by
chronicbint

I've played over a dozen builds and this is only the second one strong enough to finish W30 which is very satisfying.

Well done with this off-meta masterpiece for sure, thanks again.

Posted by
WarPig17

I totally recommend it, it gives what it promises. Congratulations for the guide.
I bought the melding flesh and I'm even more immortal than I was lul.

Posted by
Sputnik01

36 challenges done, not going for 40 this league - probably taking Christmas off. Overall very enjoyable and chill build.

Posted by
qwertz

My current POB has me at ~23.4m shaper dps, inf EHP vs level 84 spells, inf ehp vs spells and like 8-9m vs attacks from level 84 boss (34 shaper balls to kill, 1.4m ehp vs 84 memory game) ...

Posted by
Budewnpa

biggest change for me was swaping out of GB, 35% dmg reduction vs 100% dmg reduction is huge difference, rarly see my es drop from 100% since then.

Posted by
Kenavru

Just wanted to say thank you Chromino, I've been having a great time with this build and it allowed me to finally get that GG end game drop I've always dreamed of getting. Always hoped for a Mirror but a Mirror worth item will do :D!

Posted by
Haiatu

I'm hyped to play this build again. Everything is looking good on Pathfinder.
Greetings.

Posted by
klorin2

Amazing build. Just compeleted wave 30 of simulacrum with only 1 death (face tanked his big explosion and I'm not even sure what happened lol)
Started the league as witch, but I'm soooo glad I tried this one out! It absolutely crushes

Posted by
Kurnis

A8 Sirus down... This build is the best tank in my poe history. It even beats double nebuloch marauder or Mjolner discharge. I wonder how can I die :) ?

Posted by
Astarotte

I am really enjoying this build. Even with basic essentials and no expensive items I can take red maps easily without even coming close to dying.

Posted by
sidp2201

First just want to say thanks for this guide. Made this last night to play with a friend and I cant stop playing it. Im having a blast.

Posted by
Khesahn20

Thank you!

All in all, this build has been a lot of fun, especially the reactions from friends whenever I did Sirus carries for them, refusing to dodge anything he threw at me :D Scourge has been a great league for this build

Posted by
Jeskojay

Chromino, thanks for putting together and sharing a very nice build. This thread is full of good vibes.

Posted by
melkorien

Hi Chromino,

I am very satisfied with the build, yesterday I did Sirus 9 without taking any risks, Die is not able to kill me,
Congratulations for the great and solid build.

Posted by
radius540

Hello, I'm loving the build, although, I'm big noob
I also really enjoy the fact that every single upgrade shows improvement in the build, as I am a player that usually focuses strongly on one character

Posted by
Lakeyour

Hey Chromino!

Build is great, been enjoying it. Still a bunch of stuff to upgrade and fix on my part but it's going great.

Posted by
Yan_n

Finally done with the grindy part of this league!

Reached Level 100 and did 40 Challenges on the same day. All with this build, never played anything else since the start of this league over a month ago.

This was the smoothest ride ever after getting the 3 core uniques... before them I died like 4 times every t1 map^^

I played since beta and could never reach level 100 on any other character... this should be proof enough for the insane tankiness of this build :D

Normally I never play a build twice but I really consider it, if there are no huge nerfs etc... let's see!

Thank you so much for the support with this guide chromino and mabye we see us again next league (:

Posted by
Robale

Thanks again for epic build!

Posted by
VistaChris

Thanks for making this build btw, really enjoyed it so far. Love the variety it offers while still having decent damage and clearspeed, being able to do all mods and content and being tanky enough to survive most, if not all, uber boss attacks.

Posted by
4U71SM

The build is fantastic so far. I'm farming T16 Expedition and will gradually keep getting more gear upgrades if the trade site wasn't down half the time.

Posted by
klorin2

[...] I want to take this character as far as i can, since it's the most fun I've had in a long time in POE!

Posted by
Soulstrike628

This build is a little bit hard to understand and start with, but it can be extremely powerful and flexible. You can use any spells to poison enemies as long as they give you many hits. It is even possible (but not recommended) to go for 100% auto-caster one-button build - you sacrifice A LOT tankiness and dmg, but your few years old kid can play it that way.

Posted by
Fukurokage

1) You are absolutely crazy!
2) This is the biggest build I have seen so far.
Thx for the hard work.

Posted by
turbozanik

@Chromino
Again, great build.

Posted by
turbozanik

Did play this in 3.14 and was 96,5 within 3 weeks and that was with a skin of the loyals, not skin of the lords (was ~5ex away from affording it). Quitted there because I wasted to much time in POE because the build was so much fun :), Failed 3 Ultimatums in total in that time and got to the boss 5 times. It was just to easy if you didn't care about rewards, when you could not die anyway.

That comes from a player who is REALLY bad. I could not figure out how to spawn spieders in Boss fights. So they took some time, but this build gives you time to learn fights.

With this build I got my first:
Sirus (up to 7)
Shaper
Elder
Uber Elder I fucked up because I invited maven to my first try ever.
All breachstones.

And that all within 3 weeks.

Posted by
Humtol

I actually picked up an Aegis Aurora off the ground yesterday so I'm using that now, but otherwise my gear is still kind of shoddy. I held of transitioning since I was under 3k ES and it felt kind of shaky, but I will probably transition today. Even pretransition with like 2k HP 1.5K ES I was pretty comfortably doing T16 maps and took down eater no worries. Damage has been pretty good too with Kalisa's- I'm thinking of getting a triggered curse somewhere too, but really it's just a matter of cost/time for now. Build is working well overall and definitely falling into place!

Posted by
Budewnpa

With Skin of the Lords bought, I'm now full tanking juiced expedition encounters, it's so effortless. Hang in there brothers it's a good build and worth playing!
Greetings.

Posted by
klorin2

Love the build!!! And even more so the guide God tier!
Rerolled from ranger and I feel unkillable :)

Posted by
ezakhiel

I came here to say the problem has been fixed :) Now I am tanky as all hell and still on a shitty 200 ES Chest lol. Adding the Cold Iron Point was game changing also.
Hyped to get skin of the lords and start stacking Perfect Agonys :)
Glad I stuck with it!!! Worth!

Posted by
GunSm0k3d

This build is amazing, and the POB is amazing. There is far more effort in the POB than basically any POB that exists.

Posted by
sp0dey

I'd check out the herald of agony guardian build (or herald of purity)..
I'm running it this league and it's a tank. With less than 5ex invested you can facetank Sirus at A6, do T16 maps with ease, delerium maps, normal & uber atziri and so forth.
It's not screen wide explosion fast but gets the job done quick and safely.
If you get more currency you can blow 30-50ex on this build to get all BIS items and facetank everything. But with 5ex you can run pretty much all content.
It's not meta so a lot of items are dirt cheap (like 10chaos for boots, 15choas chest, 10c gloves etc etc).

have a look:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

Posted by
R3kt3m

Absolutely loving this build.

Posted by
blaw001

YouTube goodguygaming3 about the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR86eiBMiTY&t=80s

Full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR86eiBMiTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh_Gi7PCqs