[ POE 3.23 ] ONE SHOT! Ambusher Strike (Viper Strike of the Mamba + Ambush)

Hello, exiles!
Today, I will take you to try to become an Assassin.
Think follow me, We will stealth to behind enemies and take them down in one shot.

Viper Strike of the Mamba
Spoiler

We will start with the main skill of this build which is the Viper Strike of the Mamba.
This is a new skill in this league.
It can inflict high damage of poison, which deals more damage by 200%.
but you can only have one stack of poison.

Ambush
Spoiler

Ambush skill will teleport to an enemy, granting a buff that increases Critical Strike Chance and Critical Strike Multiplier.
This buff will give you a lot of critical strike chance base, which helps you to make a 100% Critical rate

Critical Strike Multiplier
Spoiler

After we have a 100% Critical rate from Ambush next thing we need to have is a Critical Strike Multiplier
We use an amulet that is called Marylene's Fallacy.
This amulet increases the Critical Strike Multiplier to 240%.
But it has one downside that is, this amulet will less your critical chance by 40%.
Don't worry, because we have a lot of base critical strike chance from Ambush, we still can reach 100% crit rate with a little bit of increased critical chance from passive

One thing you need to know is Critical Strike Multiplier doesn't increase the damage of your poison
But don't worry, because we have Perfect Agony passive keystone, this will give you to Damage over Time multiplier from 50% of Critical Strike Multiplier.

Low Tolerance
Spoiler

Now, we have too much Damage over Time Multiplier from critical, but one thing we do not have is increasing damage.
To address this, we use the one passive which is called Low Tolerance.
This passive will give you 300% increased poison damage if enemies do not have poison yet.
Yes! Because we only play on 1 stack poison, this passive does not have a drawback for us.
And this passive is not limited which means you can use it as much as you want.

Rebuke of the Vaal
Spoiler

The viper strike skill is a little more special than other skills. This skill has a special tack that says “If dual wielding, deals the damage of both weapons in one strike.”
With this tag, I recommend the sword Rebuke of the Vaal.

Because this sword has base damage, around 600 units are in a mix of elements.
This means that if we use it in both hands, it's equivalent to using the weapon with a base damage of 1200 units.
Too close to mirror-tier weapons but available for 1 Chaos.

We have a powerful weapon but don't forget the sword base damage is a mixing of elemental.
As you know fire, lightning, and cold damage cannot be calculated to poison.
That is why we need to use a new item from this league, which is called Poisonberry Tincture.

Tincture is a new flask added to this league. You can only use it if you have the Coated Blade passive in the Wildwood ascendancy class.

The Tincture comes with the effect of allowing all damage types can inflict poison.
This will help you can use all damage from the Rebuke of the Vaal sword.

Alchemist's Mark
Spoiler

Alchemist's Mark give you, when you inflict poison on the enemy, the mark will create Caustic Ground dealing 80% damage from the strongest poison on the enemy.
Yes, we only have one poison stack, which means this skill boosts your damage to double.

Master Toxicist
Spoiler

This combo can deal high damage in a single target only not having AOE for a clear map.
To make the map smoother, we need a passive from the pathfinder class which is Master Toxicist.
When you kill a Poisoned Enemy, the poison on them will separate to nearby enemy.
Yes, you only kill one of them and all of the pack monsters will die like this!

Defensive
Spoiler

for the defensive part, you can adapt with your playstyle
All of the other items that I have not referred to are not fixed
u can play everything you like armour, evasion, Blood North
so feel free to customize them as you want.

Video
Video-Guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feeJTxcIP-0
T16 Minotaur run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHizDi0njJE

POB
https://pobb.in/A9nEvruQ5cxm

Thank you to everyone who joined in to watch my build guide.
This guide may not cover every item detail I've used, as I've highlighted only the essentials for this build.
I understand everyone has their playstyles, so feel free to customize as needed.

Lastly, if you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comments. I'll do my best to respond to each one.

Thank you!

Last bumped on Mar 25, 2024, 5:17:24 PM
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to put together this build documentation. I wanted to share my version of your build. I've added my own defensive layers to it and made it quite tanky.

https://pobb.in/FuDQ5483EGah

In comparison, I dropped the dps by about 7mil, but got up to 158k ehp.

One thing I felt was important this league was the ability to not be crit, so I threw in the Viridi's Veil. Those blue wisps can mess you up if you amass enough of them. I also added a CWDT w/ Molten Shell since I stacked enough armor to make it worthwhile. Other than those things, just switched out a few of the uniques for some rares to help round out the build.

Note: I normally check off the Guardian/Pinnacle boss in my configurations, but I left it unchecked (like yours) for an easy comparison of the numbers through the pobb.in page. I also dropped the withered stacks to 10, since realistically that's what we'll have most times on a mob.

It's still a work in progress and I think my next potential upgrade would be to replace the boots with a decent bubonic trail. With that mana reservation from those, I could replace Herald of Agony with Malevolence and get a Watcher's Eye with multiplier. Bubonic also comes with 2 extra abyss slots for more flat damage abyss jewels. Also what's nice is you can leave the other gem slots blank to keep Oath of the Magi active.

Really fun build and totally recommend it for anyone who likes the teleport assassin feel with ambush.
Last edited by Treantz on Jan 9, 2024, 8:42:29 AM
Can we get a order for the passive tree (level-based)?
Kill all bandits?

Thanks!
by the way, if you get Focal Point from the Deadeye, the caustic ground could give you about 30% more dmg overall
wow!
Assuming tinctures are in next league, do you think this is a possible league starter?

With only a few required items, mostly cheap uniques it seems like a good candidate. I am just unsure of how important the clusters are as early on they might be tricky to get as low tolerance has a very low weighting. Plus they share a base type with toxic rain, and CA it seems.
"
Treantz wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to put together this build documentation. I wanted to share my version of your build. I've added my own defensive layers to it and made it quite tanky.

https://pobb.in/FuDQ5483EGah

In comparison, I dropped the dps by about 7mil, but got up to 158k ehp.

One thing I felt was important this league was the ability to not be crit, so I threw in the Viridi's Veil. Those blue wisps can mess you up if you amass enough of them. I also added a CWDT w/ Molten Shell since I stacked enough armor to make it worthwhile. Other than those things, just switched out a few of the uniques for some rares to help round out the build.

Note: I normally check off the Guardian/Pinnacle boss in my configurations, but I left it unchecked (like yours) for an easy comparison of the numbers through the pobb.in page. I also dropped the withered stacks to 10, since realistically that's what we'll have most times on a mob.

It's still a work in progress and I think my next potential upgrade would be to replace the boots with a decent bubonic trail. With that mana reservation from those, I could replace Herald of Agony with Malevolence and get a Watcher's Eye with multiplier. Bubonic also comes with 2 extra abyss slots for more flat damage abyss jewels. Also what's nice is you can leave the other gem slots blank to keep Oath of the Magi active.

Really fun build and totally recommend it for anyone who likes the teleport assassin feel with ambush.

Hey, how is your build holding up against bosses? Tried any pinacle bosses yet? or deli maps?
Thanks for sharing your version!
evolving..
Hello.. I wanted to try this build and was wondering if it would work with mageblood without "The traitor" keystone that you get from brutal restraint jewel and how it would look like. Any ideas? Thanks.
This build is awesome! Thanks for creating it. Would it be viable as a league starter, or a budget version perhaps? Cheers
wanted to play this this league but ended up liking power siphon. now that i am done with the league and i think tincture will not go core. i tried to make the same build without the tincture and i think i succeeded (on paper at least). i changed the two rebuke of the vaal for two varunastra and the belt for olesya's delight. we end up with less life and should have the same % of suppress (pob doenst count the dagger mastery of 10% per dagger equipped wich should count)

here's the pob : https://pobb.in/yVZ2JCRMjkdA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info