Advantages of SSF?

What are the advantages (if any) of SSF compared to 'normal' mode?
I was under expression that gear drops would be better since you can't buy from other players but that wasn't the case for me so far. I have just completed the story with my Trickster and haven't even seen armour with 6 slots, not to mention linked. I feel that playing 'normal' mode would be easier as I could just buy some decent gear cheaply.
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 4:22:19 AM
There's none.
Only that you (perhaps) have a feeling of accomplishment when you found all the gear yourself.
And that finding gear is can actually be exciting, even if it is not a T1 unique.

SSF is NOT about being easier. It's like ruthless a self-imposed limitation so that the game is more challenging and feels more rewarding, if you've got the right mindset for it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jan 2, 2024, 2:56:46 AM
Unfortunately everything is the same as the normal game, you just lose the option to trade with other people. If you had asked me 3-4 years ago around the time that Sirius became a thing, I would have been more likely to try it out...but there has been so much power creep since then that I can't imagine trying to build everything from the ground up based solely on your own drops.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
Can I convert my character to normal league or do I need to start a new one? I'm at maps now and gear-wise lack big time.
"
Allo Allo9922 wrote:
Can I convert my character to normal league or do I need to start a new one? I'm at maps now and gear-wise lack big time.

You can. In the character selection screen there's a little down arrow that allows you to migrate the character (beware that there's also one that migrates everything... which in your case you might want to choose so you also migrate the stash).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Thanks, I'll do that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info