[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
primaeva wrote:
"
Platychila wrote:
I've only just started playing the game but I love this build a lot! It's the fastest mapping I've ever done.

Until now I've been following the level 80 povo POB. While farming maps I found there were still a couple of things that destroyed me really fast, like essence monsters that wouldn't go down in two hits and/or used long range moves. Are there maybe any more defensive layers I could add? I noticed for example the shield has some free sockets. Or maybe there's ways to scale up the damage to get rid of the threats faster? Like I said I'm pretty new so I don't totally know all the options available there yet.

I'm also curious why we put faster casting on Vitality when it seems to be an instant cast aura. I could just be missing something obvious there.

Hehe glad to hear!!

Yes! The povo PoB was to help you test the build on a low budget to see if you liked the playstyle. There's actually a very very good secondary bunch of upgrades for cheap that will make you feel less vulnerable. What level are you right now? And what resources do you have? So I can tailor-make one for you.

Here's what I would suggest assuming you had maybe 3 more div to spare:

1) Hrimsorrow gloves (converts all your damage to cold damage)

2) TAKE BRUTALITY OUT OF THE LINKS! IMPORTANT!! This disables elemental damage!

3) When you take brutality out of the links, you can now utilize Taste of Hate really well. Not only does it boost your damage - it makes you able to take slightly more physical damage by converting the damage taken to cold!

Re: Vitality faster casting -- oops! forgot to clean that up. And this is why i need to write a better tutorial.

That's supposed to be swappable with Spell Echo on the glove slot (which makes your Arcanist Brands faster to use, as well as give you more power when fighting bosses).

You can remove that safely, but keep levelling the gems up!

Hey I'm almost through the campaign with your storm brand of indecision tree and I noticed that you recommended grabbing an early Hrimsorrow to the person above. With a little more than 15 div do you recommend just going straight into cold conversion? The setup on your post had cold conversion rare gloves, and I imagine getting a Hrimsorrow would be much cheaper and easier for now. Then I could work on the clusters, etc. Alternatively, I could go impale using the Entropic Devastation route. Which do you think is more cost-efficient?

Additionally, if I were to go cold, what would replace the brutality link? On your cold PoB you have awakened cold pen but it seems like hypothermia would be a good choice as well.
"
Hydranix wrote:

Hey I'm almost through the campaign with your storm brand of indecision tree and I noticed that you recommended grabbing an early Hrimsorrow to the person above. With a little more than 15 div do you recommend just going straight into cold conversion? The setup on your post had cold conversion rare gloves, and I imagine getting a Hrimsorrow would be much cheaper and easier for now. Then I could work on the clusters, etc. Alternatively, I could go impale using the Entropic Devastation route. Which do you think is more cost-efficient?

Additionally, if I were to go cold, what would replace the brutality link? On your cold PoB you have awakened cold pen but it seems like hypothermia would be a good choice as well.

Hey! That is an excellent question.

A Hrimsorrow is indeed a very, very cheap and good thing to sub in. I did use Entropic when I first showcased the build, but I realise that to make it approachable cold convert would actually be the better choice, you are right. The reasons are as such:

1) League mechanic makes mobs tankier and you can't always blow them up like mapping before (e.g. in TotA the entire league you kind of just needed enough firepower and speed. Now you actually need to have longevity in a fight.)

2) This longevity is in short supply with a base of a build like Power Charge stacking. So many uniques being "eaten" means a severe lack of spell suppression and life.

3) As such, while Entropic is an EXCELLENT, fuss-free damage multiplier that is obscene on fast hitting spells such as our setup, and may be more newcomer friendly in terms of how easy it is to reap those benefits, Cold Convert seems to be the preferred and wiser choice, because mapping becomes so absurdly safe!

Paired with a cheap ring like Polaric Devastation (the MOST important stat is actually the 20% increased Freeze Duration which makes it easier to freeze bosses / juiced mobs), you can also get a lot of synergy and mileage with a Heatshiver. Covering in Frost isn't just a damage bump. Mobs are 50% less likely to crit you for 5 seconds as long as you cross their freeze threshold at least once.

That isn't to say Hrimsorrow doesn't come without cost though - going cold requires some expensive clusters (or you can make do) and Watcher's to reach the same power level.

Cost-efficient and if you like playing around the mobility of this build = Entropic.

If you have some experience shopping and find you prefer the safety of cold = Cold Conversion. Note that cold res mobs are far more common than phys reduction mobs, that with Crit Resist could give you a nasty time.

I do not think Cold Penetration is optional. On mobs with 0 resists it functions as any other multiplier. On mobs which have abnormally high resists, its effect INCREASES like hell. Absolutely put your money there and do not trust the PoB numbers alone. There are a lot of map mods / rare mods / juice stuff that raises resists, Cold pen, regular or otherwise, HAS to be in the links for a cold build.

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Platychila wrote:
I've only just started playing the game but I love this build a lot! It's the fastest mapping I've ever done.

Until now I've been following the level 80 povo POB. While farming maps I found there were still a couple of things that destroyed me really fast, like essence monsters that wouldn't go down in two hits and/or used long range moves. Are there maybe any more defensive layers I could add? I noticed for example the shield has some free sockets. Or maybe there's ways to scale up the damage to get rid of the threats faster? Like I said I'm pretty new so I don't totally know all the options available there yet.

I'm also curious why we put faster casting on Vitality when it seems to be an instant cast aura. I could just be missing something obvious there.

Hehe glad to hear!!

Yes! The povo PoB was to help you test the build on a low budget to see if you liked the playstyle. There's actually a very very good secondary bunch of upgrades for cheap that will make you feel less vulnerable. What level are you right now? And what resources do you have? So I can tailor-make one for you.

3) When you take brutality out of the links, you can now utilize Taste of Hate really well. Not only does it boost your damage - it makes you able to take slightly more physical damage by converting the damage taken to cold!

Re: Vitality faster casting -- oops! forgot to clean that up. And this is why i need to write a better tutorial.

That's supposed to be swappable with Spell Echo on the glove slot (which makes your Arcanist Brands faster to use, as well as give you more power when fighting bosses).

Awesome! I'm level 85 and have about 10 div at the moment (this is also my first time really learning to farm stuff like essence and incursions). Totally willing to go higher though of course. I have a spare pair of good hrimsorrows so I'm going to give that a go! What should I put in the place of Brutality support?
"
Platychila wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Platychila wrote:

Hehe glad to hear!!

Awesome! I'm level 85 and have about 10 div at the moment (this is also my first time really learning to farm stuff like essence and incursions). Totally willing to go higher though of course. I have a spare pair of good hrimsorrows so I'm going to give that a go! What should I put in the place of Brutality support?

100% use Awakened Cold Penetration. Level 5 and above (for a chance to get the enemies Exposed to Cold, which is a 10% resist shred (18% if you take the mastery).

They're really cheap: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/qw8p9lLhg

In general, with elemental builds, you want the respective Penetration gem as a non-negotiable gem. This is because, against most mobs, they are like 40% more damage - but against mobs RESISTANT to your element, their value goes way up.

(e.g. with 50% resist they take 50 damage from your 100 damage cold spell. With 40% Cold Pen, they take 90 damage. 90/50 = 180%. They're actually a 80% more multiplier in this case! Loose example, but you get it.)
Happy New Year!

1. What is the purpose of the graven belt/absorption charges if we use eldritch battery? From my understand, it isn't to make us tankier, but rather just for an easy +1 power charge?

2. ANSWERED: Bought a good base (970+ life) and use tainted jewellers/fusings/chromatics to fix it.
Additionally, coloring the Utula's is probably best from a corrupted base using tainted chromatics right? With its strength base, it seems like getting 3b, 2g, 1r might be tough. (

3. ANSWERED: I see that some militant faiths will straight up delete the cold damage node or the +1 power charge node so I just had to check in the online timeless jewel tool to make sure it worked.
Is there anything I need to look out for regarding the Militant Faith? I'm not sure if any jewel works, or if there are some changed nodes which are extra good/bad.

Thanks!
Last edited by Hydranix on Jan 1, 2024, 7:50:19 PM
"
Hydranix wrote:
Happy New Year!

What is the purpose of the graven belt/absorption charges if we use eldritch battery? From my understand, it isn't to make us tankier, but rather just for an easy +1 power charge?

Additionally, coloring the Utula's is probably best from a corrupted base using tainted chromatics right? With its strength base, it seems like getting 3b, 2g, 1r might be tough.

Lastly, is there anything I need to look out for regarding the Militant Faith? I'm not sure if any jewel works, or if there are some changed nodes which are extra good/bad.

Thanks!

Hey!

1) Graven's Secret - It's actually a really good belt! But yes it does not make us tankier per se.

+1 Power Charge is insane value for this iteration of the build. I believe it's > 15% more damage even at this point. That also translates to 4% increased attack and cast speed for Shield Charge and casting Arcanist Brand (which also affects your Single Target DPS a little bit more.) Secondly, a +14%-16% all res corrupt + a lightning 60% roll is a LOT of resists that you sorely need. +70 ES is actually huge for EB as well, since it gives you a ton more ES to cast and also increases your ES regen. Finally, removing Power Charges actually negates the shock you could sometimes get from Malachai's Loop.

All around, it's a cheap and solid belt since so many people try to corrupt it, and it's a common drop in SSF. (The recoup also means you get topped off during Uber Fights if you need to cast Hatred/Zealotry again if you're hit with Elemental Damage.

2) Yup. Tainted Chromes. I've made ~5 by now, took anywhere from 1 - 6 tries.

3) Just use PoB and PoE trade, figure out which ones DON'T modify the Life, Power Charge, Spell Damage per Power Charge, and the Heart of Ice nodes.
Hi, having a blast with the build both in game and irl :D. I'm having some question about the build if you don't mind

1. Why are you allocated Runebinder since the brands are recalled every 1s and not actually attached much on enemies?

2. Between Sabo with +1 Power charge/crit multi and Assassin with Perfect Crime forbidden jewel, which would be better if i have currency for them?

3. If i want to sacrifice damage for more tankiness, what would you recommend?
Last edited by dangminh987 on Jan 2, 2024, 4:02:12 AM
"
dangminh987 wrote:
Hi, having a blast with the build both in game and irl :D. I'm having some question about the build if you don't mind

1. Why are you allocated Runebinder since the brands are recalled every 1s and not actually attached much on enemies?

2. Between Sabo with +1 Power charge/crit multi and Assassin with Perfect Crime forbidden jewel, which would be better if i have currency for them?

3. If i want to sacrifice damage for more tankiness, what would you recommend?

Hey! Great questions! I’m still typing up a mega update which include many of these answers but you can have the goods first :)

1) Why take Runebinder?

This is purely a Bossing / Uber Bossing node, you’re right, it will barely affect mapping. You can drop it if you wish. It’s a MASSIVE boost to our single-target damage as it adds up to 6 more stacks PER SECOND to our BB Unloads.

How does this happen? Our single-target damage actually increases if you recall the brands to near where the boss is. After they “Reload” you, the Brands reattach to the boss, and tick at a rate of 0.34 or so each. This is 3 activations, or 6 BV stacks (and extra hits). Having just one Brand attach and spawn 6-8 more stacks in between your recall CD (1.17-1.34) will really add up.

The build generally does too much damage for this to matter on even regular Pinnacles (Shaper, etc). But on Ubers, there isn’t anything close to damage/point on the tree. If we calculated the worst case scenario it would be roughly…

0:00 1st Full Unload (10x) = 11x damage
0:34 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
0:68 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:02 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:15 Recall + 2nd Unload (10x) =11x damage

Total of 31 hits. Runebinder adds another 6 stacks in there = 37/31 = 19.3% more damage - that’s with wastage! The end result is probably more (especially if you are assassin, with fewer Recalls, it will go up to 30% more damage possibly).

This will vary as you run around the boss / stagger the casts differently. If 3 points would mean you reach another jewel spot or you prefer some juicy 20% increased life, however, go for it!

2) I hate to say this but Assassin’s Mistwalker is so good, the superior version is still definitely Assassin + Perfect Crime. Elusive feels SO GOOD with this many power charges. Sabo is serviceable and SSF friendly, and very budget, still performs admirably, but MIstwalker is hard to put down. (Mistwalker FF aren’t cheap either anyway…)

3) To make it tankier:

As you spotted, drop Runebinder to free up 3 points. Try to reach another jewel socket. Use it for Bloodnotch + Immutable - these are great and not even that expensive.

Play cold convert and run ToH, Atziri's Promise will add a lot of damage AND chaos res as well.

Take out Pain Attunement, and Petrified Blood. Drop Herald of Purity. You’ll have a much bigger tank to react to damage. Use the mana freed up from not using Petrified Blood and make Determination core (reinvest passive points into res efficiency and slip in an Enlighten in there.) Put in Defiance Banner as well.

Start stacking Life + Crit Mult corrupted jewels with a high roll Adorned (I used 131 + 7% life I think to save some dough).

It’s super super important to be animation cancelling BB with Shield Charge for the build to feel good and for it to just feel like a wrecking ball, hope you are already doing that!

(Do share videos and I can include them in our eventual Character Showcase :))
Thanks for all of your detailed replies.

Could you provide some details on which cluster jewels to prioritize for a cold conversion build? I see there are two setups, one for cold and the other for physical. How much leeway is there on the jewel passives? For reference, I see Prismatic Heart + Blanketed Snow taken on the cold jewel and Iron Breaker, Battle-Hardened, and Force Multiplier on the phys jewel.

Also, what stats would you prioritize on a That Which Was Taken jewel?

I am looking forward to the MTX comparison!
"
Hydranix wrote:
Thanks for all of your detailed replies.

Could you provide some details on which cluster jewels to prioritize for a cold conversion build? I see there are two setups, one for cold and the other for physical. How much leeway is there on the jewel passives? For reference, I see Prismatic Heart + Blanketed Snow taken on the cold jewel and Iron Breaker, Battle-Hardened, and Force Multiplier on the phys jewel.

Also, what stats would you prioritize on a That Which Was Taken jewel?

I am looking forward to the MTX comparison!

Glad to help!

Prismatic Heart + Blanketed Snow I would say are the two most essential clusters and perfect. The build lacks resists (especially if you want to do Eater Altars - those shred like 60% Cold/Lightning res so you want to be bringing like 140% each.) and Blanketed Snow is BiS for any cold build.

Two of these are really good.

The Phys can be swapped for one of the cold above, but it is a VERY high-value Cluster example (as in, it's dirt cheap for how strong it is) because 35% is really huge, and the attack and cast speed aren't totally bad (remember, you do 'hard cast' BB and also Shield Charge). Force Multiplier is also insane and worth the 2 nodes. If you do run Determination, Battle-Hardened is very good value.

TWWT -

#1 Culling Strike (on a Saboteur) if you are a bosser. Don't bother otherwise.

#2 If you are a mapper, Cold convert makes VERY good use of the 40% increased charges from enemies affected by ailments - basically, its mad juice for when you hit 8k+-9k+ wisps and want to just keep trucking with flasks through the map.

#3 Crit Mult per Power Charge is ace for this build, no doubt about it.

I think that's about it - TWWT should be used to supplement your areas of weakness, rather than just add to the strengths. I try not to plan around it because it will be gone next league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info