[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

Hello,
Which version would be best for t17 maps or would be best suited? Ben has crazy build going for the HC variant but his gear seems a bit crazy to get as a casual player.
Good day, I am currently playing the lightning version and was not able to find anything regarding this in the other comments.

The Phys>Light convert is 40% from tree and 50% from the support gem leaving a 10% phys still. do you have a 10% phys>lightning somewhere else? or do we just use 90% phys>Lightning
Anybody playing this with high ping I often find myself still as a duck with the BBoU not triggering before I blink out of pack groups.
Also maybe I missed it but I feel I could reduce even more the time it takes to activate the skill until now I only use frostblink to animation cancel and SC to move around after blinking.
Sorry for the spam Prima, so we magically dropped both ralakesh boots and void battery yesterday in our GSF and my character is currently looking like this https://pobb.in/NhXa96SFGZo2 my next goal I know of is getting Utula 6linked but outside of that I am kinda clueless any guidance would be awesome! Thanks
"
Futbucker_ wrote:
Hello,
Which version would be best for t17 maps or would be best suited? Ben has crazy build going for the HC variant but his gear seems a bit crazy to get as a casual player.

Hmm, based on what I've seen and played I think Ben's build is the best build for T17. Everything other build is balanced around T16 content and 1-2 portaling Ubers. The mods in T17 make it very oppressive and brick a lot of the elemental variants.

There is no sugarcoating it - the build overperforms as a skill combo in terms of coverage, speed and QoL and maybe gets an A-tier for damage, but pushing into T17 is going to need a higher level of commitment and currency than most of these builds have prepped for. I think Nydhogg's cold conversion variant might do it (see the Hall of Heroes section in post #2) but that was very god tier items as well, 300-500 I believe.)

If the mobs can be frozen reliably then T17 should be a goddamn cakewalk though.

So yeah, Ben's, or the Nydhogg build.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Woogyface wrote:
Good day, I am currently playing the lightning version and was not able to find anything regarding this in the other comments.

The Phys>Light convert is 40% from tree and 50% from the support gem leaving a 10% phys still. do you have a 10% phys>lightning somewhere else? or do we just use 90% phys>Lightning

Hey! Especially if you're playing Archmage, as you get later and later in game, less and less damage comes from the gem by default, compared to the amount of flat coming from Archmage. Some supports take over even compared to PTL. It's why Frostbolt Ice Nova Archmage doesn't give a rats arse for cold damage - the spells are just a "carrier" for the flat Archmage damage.

So I wouldn't sweat about the conversion if I was you unless you want to go a very high end +2 +1 +2 +3 +2 setup (weapon shield Amulet empower corrupt) for a level 30 BBoU that can ALSO stack mana, then you would want 10% last mile conversion from double gloves or something I believe.

This is prohibitively expensive vs just slumming it with Prism Guardian + LL + one more aura though, so i haven't built it for anyone yet. This is because +1s are prefixes and +1, life and mana rares are probably out the wazoo in terms of cost.
I made the assembly https://pobb.in/S0ov2_mcuSPm and I can’t understand how it works. Is there a video of this build?
So, with about 50 Div budget.
How would the Cold convert and the Archmage variant compare?

I'd gladly give up a bit of damage for more tankyness.
Last edited by Xtremelyevil on Apr 10, 2024, 11:31:20 AM
"
Xtremelyevil wrote:
So, with about 50 Div budget.
How would the Cold convert and the Archmage variant compare?

I'd gladly give up a bit of damage for more tankyness.

Having seen the price of Ralakesh fall off a freakin' cliff, here's what I'm recommending as a nice medium for about 50 div.

Run the Cold Convert PC stacking build from last league with these modifications:

1) Drop Malachai's Loop. Get a shield with 120-140 life, spell damage, Chance to block, crit, +1 phys, all that good stuff.

2) Drop the PC Maven's Belt Graven's Secret. Run Arn's Anguish instead. Get a good corrupt since the implicit stinks - 15% Allres is great.

3) Grab Endurance (+1 max endurance charge) on the left.

2+3) With 5 endurance charges / brutal charges, you now have 20% true PDR, 20% ele res, and 15% chance to deal TRIPLE damage (averaging 30% more damage I think, which is HUGE.) Arn's is also 15% increased life. It WILL brick Utula's though so you're going to need to tank up with a %phys taken as chest with high max life and % life.

2+3) You will now have 3 + 3 (passives) + 1 (VB) + 1 (Corrupted helm) = 8 power charges instead of 11 last league (losing Malachai's Loop + Graven's.)

4) Drop Heatshiver for Willclash. With 8 power charges, that's 8 x 5% spellblock. Path to Tireless and get Glancing Blows for Spell Block cap. If you bought a decent shield with ~32-35% block chance, you'll also be near attack block cap.

5) Run a Balance of Terror double Enfeeble to be crit immune and also 40% crit mult.

6) Just one last problem: to make Arn's Anguish generate Brutal Charges, you're going to need Endurance generation. Enduring Composure is one way, Inexorable on tree another - the LEAST sketchy method is Call to Arms --> Enduring Cry. Thank god that's a thing now.

Yeah, if you're confident of pulling off all those steps, and then balancing the remaining requirements, you're going to be a cold conversion monster with plenty of speed and damage, but also be able to shrug off a LOT of damage based on capped 65% block, strong recovery (overleech / recoup) and some decent baseline PDR.

Do remember to not underestimate crit immunity. It's really bad this league -- not as bad as Blue Wisps last league since you can sort of avoid it / see it coming, but most people are forgetting these crit mods exist.

EDIT: OR BUY A HEADHUNTER AND ENJOY ONE OF THE STRONGEST PHYS BUILDS IN THE GAME LOL
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 10, 2024, 12:29:02 PM
Followed the dream build and getting 1-shot by ranged rares and rogue exiles. Also, no spell suppression feels rough. I'm going to try and work it in but just an FYI to anyone else following the "dream" builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info