3.24 Torstein's GodSlayer - Molten Strike - Melee Unhinged

Wake up honey, new Torstein MS build just dropped.

Can't wait to try out the tankier version, 3.23 spoiled me too much and I can't just insta delete ubers anymore. Here's hoping the new build can make learning the fights easier. xD
"
Laeortia wrote:

I'm stoked about it! I shrieked and laughed and tried to explain to husband, who does not play, what I just did with the fossil craft, but he has zero understanding of it so said "I'm happy for you! I don't understand! But good for you!"

xD non-exiled spouse happiness
"
"
Devil320 wrote:
After lots of playing and min/maxing this build of yours I have finally found it a proper setup strictly for juiced cemetery/sanctuary t17 farming. It is still perfectly well with bossing as well.

I have managed to get it to, 100% avoid ailments + Stun + Spell suppress + 80% evasion with 24% Block. It has become an undisputed tank, even without the HH stacks, HH just adds a hole other level to this for farming maps and T17s get real nutty. I didn't notice a huge difference without the elemental damage reduction as I am stacking resistances the other way with +2 max on chest and +2 light on helm paired with all the flasks. My lethal pride is a decent roll with 2X double damage and 2X fire resist with a crit multi and a life % node. Im still working on getting my crit multi up to 650% but the claw crafts got spendy for t1s so in due time ill get it there. The third mod watchers eye including 15% suppression for skills while running grace is huge, it allowed some fun with the passive tree.

All in all, I will forever love this build and your foundation layed out for me to play with and appreciate your post. I've noticed some comments in regards to squishy t17s and farming and I just wanted to say that if you guys want this build to excel in that area you may consider something like this to help with defensive layers.

https://poe.ninja/pob/1CWE

the pob is fresh so the gems are wonky but yeah. Let me know if you guys see anything strange but I think I've got it dialed in.

/ just seen tors post above, funny how we both tried to find defensive layers haha - will be checking out your variation. Let me know what you think of mine tho I am curious on anyones input

I can't see everything what you have done, your skills section in PoB is all messed up.

If you want to experiment more, try my updated version. It's tanky af.

I've spent the entire afternoon tinkering with defenses, ended up buying a 42% Defiance of Destiny and a Progenesis. Rolled a T17 Citadel with 1 tank mod + 1 damage mod with Back to Basics.

Before that, I could clear a well-rolled T17 in 3-8 portals. After changing my defenses, I managed to reduce the number of portals required to 3-6.

I'd probably change to your Cloak of Flames/Bloodnotch setup, replacing my stun avoidance tattoos for suppression ones to cap out my suppression. A few more levels would probably help since I'm only 95 now.

Will post my PoB after I get home from work.
"
vayneteran wrote:

I've spent the entire afternoon tinkering with defenses, ended up buying a 42% Defiance of Destiny and a Progenesis. Rolled a T17 Citadel with 1 tank mod + 1 damage mod with Back to Basics.

I find Citadel to be the hardest T17 to run with this build all thanks to the dead ends where there'll be a pack of ranged mobs across the gap and we can't blink to them to keep our defenses up. I hardly have to use any portals at the other T17s.

I've run around 25 b2b T17s today with the new setup and the good news is that it is very tanky and is able to just tank packs easily.

The bad news is that T17 mobs hit hard and fast and a mistimed dash means I'll be perma stun-locked and it's a coin flip at that point on whether I can squeeze out enough attacks to get out or just die.

Overall the new setup is playing great as expected, might just need to somehow slot in stun recovery?
"
Duannie wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

I find Citadel to be the hardest T17 to run with this build all thanks to the dead ends where there'll be a pack of ranged mobs across the gap and we can't blink to them to keep our defenses up. I hardly have to use any portals at the other T17s.

I've run around 25 b2b T17s today with the new setup and the good news is that it is very tanky and is able to just tank packs easily.

The bad news is that T17 mobs hit hard and fast and a mistimed dash means I'll be perma stun-locked and it's a coin flip at that point on whether I can squeeze out enough attacks to get out or just die.

Overall the new setup is playing great as expected, might just need to somehow slot in stun recovery?

I'm thinking of sacrificing a crit multi jewel for Immutable Force with 961%+ recovery
"
vayneteran wrote:
"
Duannie wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

I'm thinking of sacrificing a crit multi jewel for Immutable Force with 961%+ recovery

Yeah, that's one solution. It would make stuns unnoticeable.

"
Duannie wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

As vayneteran wrote jewel might be best solution.
Second solution is to remove Bloodnotch and slot in rare jewel with Corrupted Blood immunity.
Then put stun avoidance suffix "of Tenaciousness" onto flask. That would put you to around 99% stun avoidance chance.

Don't forget Watcher Eye with another 10% phys to ele while affected by Purity of Elements.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 21, 2024, 6:33:53 PM
"
"
Duannie wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

As vayneteran wrote jewel might be best solution.
Second solution is to remove Bloodnotch and slot in rare jewel with Corrupted Blood immunity.
Then put stun avoidance suffix "of Tenaciousness" onto flask. That would put you to around 99% stun avoidance chance.

Don't forget Watcher Eye with another 10% phys to ele while affected by Purity of Elements.

I went with the Bloodnotch/Immutable Force/Defiance/Progenesis full degenerate tanky af combo. Now if you were to ask me how tanky the build is now, I'd say "yes".

Fully cleared a T17 Citadel, tanked everything the boss and the arena had to throw at me, felt comfortable looting in the middle of a pack, stuns were so miniscule they were effectively unnoticeable and still have 40m+ dps on top. Buttery smooth, 10/10 would recommend.

https://pobb.in/p0vBJbq9dotP
I'm doing this build for the first time, and I'm really struggling with dealing with ranged mobs. If I can't dash to them to leech off of them, I just die instantly. Any tips on what I might be missing or doing wrong?

Love the build btw.
"
Devrecht wrote:
I'm doing this build for the first time, and I'm really struggling with dealing with ranged mobs. If I can't dash to them to leech off of them, I just die instantly. Any tips on what I might be missing or doing wrong?

Love the build btw.

Get Fortify implicit on body armor and elemental flasks for start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info