[3.23] Cheapbunny's Blade Trap of GreatSwords Warden Saboteur | Voidforge | The Warden's Brand

Introduction
It has been awhile since my last trapper build, I have always thought that Voidforge is working well with the 1alc ring The Warden's Brand, but never found a good skill to go with it. Until this Affliction league, newly introduced transfigured gem Blade Trap of GreatSwords is just a perfect choice for this combo, so I decided to league start with it, and turns out to be a pretty solid build, I think it achieved the fastest uber bosses kill I have ever recorded.

Enjoy the build !

Build Thought
Spoiler

The build idea started with Voidforge, The Warden's Brand and Blade Trap of GreatSwords synergy.

The Warden's Brand provides a lot of flat physical damage that scales extremely well with Voidforge, with a big downside of reduced attack speed penalty, and this downside can be completely mitigated by Blade Trap of GreatSwords since it is an attack skill that ignores attack speed.

Why Saboteur?
Spoiler

Blade Trap of GreatSwords has long base cooldown (8 secs), which is pretty clunky for mapping. Currently there is no other attack trap in the game that can be used together to help with clear. Therefore cooldown recovery and AoE effect from Saboteur would come in handy to mitigate the mapping clunkiness.

Besides, Saboteur ascendancy also works very with elemental attack damage that comes from Voidforge.

Why stacking Abyss jewels and Shroud of the Lightless?
Spoiler

Flat physical damage is extremely important to damage scaling with Voidforge. Abyss jewels is one of the great sources of flat physical damage in POE, and almost every other popular sources of flat physical damage such as Rage/BloodThirst support and Abyssus are not available or optimal to this build.

As we are going to stack Abyss jewels, Shroud of the Lightless has become the obvious body armour choices. Every mods (life/mana/ele pen) from the chest are useful to the build.

Why Warden?
Spoiler

There is synergy between Shroud of the Lightless and Warden Ascendancy Oath of the Maji.

Abyss jewels are not counted as socketed gem, so we can use 3 Abyss jewels in the body armour and still get the double defense bonus from Oath of the Maji.

For the same reason, we can use a Helmet with an abyss jewel can still get 50% all Elemental Resistance bonus.

Essentially, we are only trading 6 gem sockets for 1000EV/300ES and 50% all Elemental Resistance, which is a super great deal.

Besides, Tincture from Warden also works with Blade Trap, which provides some nice sweet dps boost against bosses.

Build Mechanic
Spoiler

Bear Trap
Spoiler

Blade Trap of GreatSwords has a long cooldown, so this build uses Bear Trap as secondary skill to boost dps when Blade Trap is on cooldown.

Bear Trap not only applying increase damage taken debuff, it also helps with power/frenzy charge generation when linked with Charged Traps Support.

Chill/Freeze + Maim + Bear Trap Debuff
Spoiler

Because of long cooldown and limited uses of Blade Trap, it is important to keep the monsters stay within the Blade Trap AoE so that every Blade Trap thrown can do full damage to the target, else you will run out of Blade Trap very quickly if you need to throw a new trap everytime the monster get out of Blade Trap AoE.

This build uses 3 sources to slow the monsters down.

i) Chill/Freeze
Voidforge deals cold damage occassionally which can chill enemies, reducing their action speed by up to 30%

ii) Maim (reduced movement speed by 30%)

This build can easily maim enemies with this jewel thanks to blind on hit from Saboteur Ascendancy.

iii) Bear Trap

Bear Trap apply 80 less movement speed debuff on the triggered target .

Defenses used in this build
Spoiler

1. Decent Evasion (21k before flask)

2. Nearby Enemies are blinded + Blind on Hit

3. 15% reduced damage taken from blinded enemy

4. SteelSkin

5. 5.5k+ Ehp

6. Ghost Dance

7. Taste of Hate + 30% Tincture Flask Effect

8. 100% Spell Suppression

Videos

Skill Tree (POB)
Spoiler

Kill all bandits.

30 Dec 2023 - [POE 3.23] 97 lvl skill tree (Latest)
https://pobb.in/1nsM6vYUusd4

Leveling
Spoiler

Level using Explosive Trap until you got Ice Trap in act 3, switch into Ice Trap after that.

This is my level 70 setup using Ice Trap.
https://pobb.in/W09hwLIJ9osG

Only switch into Blade Trap of GreatSwords after completed 3rd lab and got your Like Clockwork ascendancy nodes. You will need to take note of your accuracy with Blade Trap of GreatSwords since it is an attack, suggest to start using Precision aura when you do the switch.

This is my level 80 setup using Blade Trap of GreatSwords.
https://pobb.in/tVSxosIXkRNH

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Saboteur

Chain Reaction -> Explosive Expert -> Like Clockwork -> Born in the Shadows

Warden

Oath of Maji -> Coated Blade -> Nature's Concoction -> Detect Evil

Gears
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Early Game (Ice Trap)
Spell Damage/Elemental Damage Rare Weapon

Mid Game
High Flat Elemental Damage Two Hand Sword

Late Game

Body Armour
Spoiler

Early Game/Mid Game
Life/Resis/Evasion Rare Body Armour

Late Game

(2 Abyssal Socket variant is sufficient, 3 Socket variant is not mandatory)

Helmet
Spoiler

Early Game/Mid Game
Life/Resis/Evasion Rare Helmet

Late Game
Abyssal Socket/Life/Resis/Evasion Rare Helmet

Gloves
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Life/Resis Rare Gloves

Late Game
Life/Resis/Damage against Chilled Enemies Rare Gloves

(Eldritch Implicit : Chance to Intimidate/Spell Suppression)

Boots
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Movement Speed/Resis Rare Boots

End Game
Movement Speed/Life/Resis Rare Boots

(Eldritch Implicit : Cooldown recovery/Brittle Ground while moving)

Belt
Spoiler

Early/mid Game
Life/Resis Rare Belts

End Game

Amulet
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Life/Resis Rare Amulet

End Game
Flat Phys/Critical Multiplier/Life/Ele Damage Rare Amulet

(Anointment : Ash, Frost and Storm)

Rings
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Life/Resis Rare Rings

End Game

Flat Phys/Accuracy/Life/Ele Damage Rare Steel Ring

Jewels
Spoiler

Abyssal Jewels

Look for Flat physical with sword/Flat physical/Life/Critical Multiplier

Unique Jewels

Look for the following mods:
i) Attack Hits against Blinded Enemies have chance to Maim
ii) Increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't dealt a Critical Strike Recently

i) Increased Attack Damage while affected by Precision

(Any Variant, Slot in specific jewel socket, refer to POB)
i) Chance to deal double damage
ii) Increased physical damage
iii) Increase maximum life

Flask/Tincture
Spoiler

Unavailable

Gem Link
Spoiler

6L Blade Trap of GreatSwords (Weapon)
Spoiler

2L Bear Trap
Spoiler

1L Gems
Spoiler

My other build guide
Last edited by cheapbunny on Dec 30, 2023, 10:24:20 AM
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2024, 12:28:11 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Reserved
Can this build pre voidforge farm its way to voidforge? In an ssf environment would you say?
"
RazersGhost wrote:
Can this build pre voidforge farm its way to voidforge? In an ssf environment would you say?

I would say it's doable, but gonna take you a long time, because voidforge is the rarest (2%) drop from uber elder according to wiki.
Had some currency, put it together and it works as advertised.

I did not do a lot of bossing with it.

Would you say it would improve a lot with using The Adorned or better to min-max rare abyss jewels?
"
peecAn wrote:
Had some currency, put it together and it works as advertised.

I did not do a lot of bossing with it.

Would you say it would improve a lot with using The Adorned or better to min-max rare abyss jewels?

I think The Adorned is generally not worth for abyss jewels, because most abyss jewels are socked on gears and they dont get the bonus from The Adorned.
Do you think it might be worth the survivability loss to run a two socket lightpoacher over a eva helm? Spirit charges aren't reliable without archmage and cost reduction shenanigans but each one is theoretically quite a lot of extra damage and you're already socketing an awful lot of abyss jewels to abuse it with. It also doesn't cost you gem slots given you aren't putting any skill gems in the helm to begin with.
"
Do you think it might be worth the survivability loss to run a two socket lightpoacher over a eva helm? Spirit charges aren't reliable without archmage and cost reduction shenanigans but each one is theoretically quite a lot of extra damage and you're already socketing an awful lot of abyss jewels to abuse it with. It also doesn't cost you gem slots given you aren't putting any skill gems in the helm to begin with.

Extra damage from lightpoacher is minuscular because this build already got 700% extra damage from voidforge. You also lose 15% spell suppression because lightpoacher does not have evasion on it.
From the moment I saw them post this new gem I was feverishly trying to make it add up in pob but you actually did it. I just wish voidforge wasn't so prohibitively expensive this league so I could actually try it.
Love new builds like these! :)

-How did you find mapping before you got Voidforge?

-Did you clear all the way to T14/T15/T16 with it or was it a struggle until Voidforge?

-Any tips on improving more survivability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info