help - why im having trouble vs bosses

im playing caustic arrow of poison, clearing is fine but bossing is so big trouble, dmg is slow. SOme says CA can stack and dmg is huge, but its not in my case, dunno why. Yeah, some items my be missing or not good, but that cant play so big difference. And ofc, i turned the flask on

here's my char

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/unlucky_child/characters
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Dec 19, 2023, 6:53:43 AM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2023, 10:23:35 PM
I'm not even close to a good player but I do have a few questions.

1.) Your profile shows 6 wildwood points left, I'm assuming it's a bug or that you haven't forgotten them and just haven't yet reallocated them? The tincture and Berserk hint at it but the profile might just be wonky.

2.) Maybe I'm not familiar with the existing build but you've gone +Chaos damage in your tree pathing but focusing on Elemental Damage on your CA of Poison gem links? Ailments does increase poison duration which is an interesting though understandable choice but why ED? Is your main damage source supposed to be elemental or Chaos? Why not Vile Toxins or something else? I feel you'd get a little more focusing on one and using the other for support. If your tree and pathing is all Chaos damage, then utilize manaforged arrows with Elemental Hit or something to proc Shock? Your gear shows that you could probably afford a 5L Voltaxic Rift if you want to go that route and utilize all that elemental damage with hits AND get you the shock multiplier.

3.) On your bow, are you fully saturating Storm Rain with all 10 arrows? You could pull Scourge Arrow for another more beneficial gem if you're not.

4.) Why Hatred? Your physical damage on your bow isn't high, it's all elemental damage.

5.) I count 6 arrows on your CA (4 from Volley, 1 from Quiver, 1 from Master Fletcher) , I think even numbers result in a deadzone for that skill, don't they? And it probably doesn't help when trying to stack poison on a boss.

Maybe there's a good reason for all that and I'm dumb. But I didn't see another response, so maybe it'll give you some things to try out. I can only theorycraft from my end. GL!
"
PoE_Grell wrote:
I'm not even close to a good player but I do have a few questions.

1.) Your profile shows 6 wildwood points left, I'm assuming it's a bug or that you haven't forgotten them and just haven't yet reallocated them? The tincture and Berserk hint at it but the profile might just be wonky.

2.) Maybe I'm not familiar with the existing build but you've gone +Chaos damage in your tree pathing but focusing on Elemental Damage on your CA of Poison gem links? Ailments does increase poison duration which is an interesting though understandable choice but why ED? Is your main damage source supposed to be elemental or Chaos? Why not Vile Toxins or something else? I feel you'd get a little more focusing on one and using the other for support. If your tree and pathing is all Chaos damage, then utilize manaforged arrows with Elemental Hit or something to proc Shock? Your gear shows that you could probably afford a 5L Voltaxic Rift if you want to go that route and utilize all that elemental damage with hits AND get you the shock multiplier.

3.) On your bow, are you fully saturating Storm Rain with all 10 arrows? You could pull Scourge Arrow for another more beneficial gem if you're not.

4.) Why Hatred? Your physical damage on your bow isn't high, it's all elemental damage.

5.) I count 6 arrows on your CA (4 from Volley, 1 from Quiver, 1 from Master Fletcher) , I think even numbers result in a deadzone for that skill, don't they? And it probably doesn't help when trying to stack poison on a boss.

Maybe there's a good reason for all that and I'm dumb. But I didn't see another response, so maybe it'll give you some things to try out. I can only theorycraft from my end. GL!

1) yeah, i dont have those points
2) ele dmg can poison -> new flask
3) for extra dmg
4) i got 8 arrows
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info