PoE quit unexpectedly on macOS Sonoma

I can get to the PoE executable but am unable to get to the folder needed to delete the update.dat. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again!
"
exile109 wrote:
The problem is with the "update.dat" file.

You need to find your Path of Exile folder and delete the "update.dat" file.
Restart the game with the "Path of Exile.app" file.
Works fine that way. You need to repeat this procedure whenever there is an update.

Deleted that file. Still crashes when I open PoE...

"
Silkster wrote:
I can get to the PoE executable but am unable to get to the folder needed to delete the update.dat. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again!

You can find the file in this folder:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/

It didn't work for me though...
Okay. This worked for me. Thanks to @exile109 for pointing to the right direction.

Run "Path of Exile" from the folder

"
Silkster wrote:

I had that same problem. I used a little workaround to find the file. I have the free "AppCleaner" app installed.
So I drag the POE executable into the AppCleaner and it shows me all the related files, including the paths and direct link, which is clickable, to the various files.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
exile109 wrote:
The problem is with the "update.dat" file.

You need to find your Path of Exile folder and delete the "update.dat" file.
Restart the game with the "Path of Exile.app" file.
Works fine that way. You need to repeat this procedure whenever there is an update.

Deleted that file. Still crashes when I open PoE...

"
Silkster wrote:

You can find the file in this folder:

It didn't work for me though...

Same problem, not work after delete update.dat, yesterday i play without problems, but after patch, game broken.

Any have solution? GGG not reply in this post when the problem is real.
"
Anarcht wrote:

Same problem, not work after delete update.dat, yesterday i play without problems, but after patch, game broken.

Any have solution? GGG not reply in this post when the problem is real.

Did you try running "Path of Exile.app" from the folder "/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/"?

I tried that and was able to start PoE again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info