Ignore list

Hello everyone.

I'd like to suggest that the ignore list should have its actual interface made easily manageable with all the necessary buttons for add/remove, etc. players on it.
Players should be able to see a list of who they ignored, and with the option of setting up a custom note (similar to the note for people in the friends list) on a certain player's entry on the list.

Additionally, and maybe even more importantly, the ignore list should be limitless as to how many players can be ignored.

Additionally, players must receive a system message after whispering someone who had ignored them. Currently it would display a message only when you try to group invite or add in your friend list someone that had ignored you.
Last edited by fostaa on Jan 22, 2024, 5:39:13 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 4:01:57 AM
+1

I think having an interface would be nice, such as notes like you said.

Sometimes I never want to interact with someone again, and sometimes you kinda get the feel they were just having a bad day but you are done having them send you rude messages because you would not go down on a price. Heck, sometimes I'm the instigator of the argument and I'll still ignore someone if it goes on to long.

Maybe even having an account/character ignore would work. Those bots asking you to buy things for real money in global chat, I want that entire account ignored. But someone I get into a small squabble we can't seem to resolve, just character ignore so we can still trade and interact next league together.

Every league I just clear my whole list, but I do wish there was a way to mark a few as perma ignores.
+1000
The ignore list has been a point of criticism for me for years.

Without a separate UI, how would you go about unblocking one specific person without clearing the entire list? After all, you don't see any of their messages again.

On the other hand, how would you clear the list while keeping certain names on block?

And for some odd reason there even is a cap on how many people you can have blocked at any given time. I get that you cannot make that list infinite, but come on..

So +1 for making a separate UI from the friend list for blocked accounts. It'd definitely be an enhancement for the social side of the game and help with handling toxicity.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
yeah we need an interface and we need room for like 50k more slots
+1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
+1
I've played since 2013 and have like 3 people on my ignore list.

Are all of these ignore listings for trade?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 17, 2023, 7:00:58 PM
Mostly because of certain spam. For me that's the Trade channels where people are continuously spamming the same long message 2-3-4 times in a row - usually about providing 5-way services, linking their items as a proof of quality, filling the entire chat with all that.
And after years I concluded that reporting anyone for Spam is useless since no GGG moderator is doing anything about it (I can almost feel empathy about this) I want to be able to ignore such spammers. By being able to set a note for these people in my ignore list, I will know why they are there and can just unignore them if I need to use their services.
Last edited by fostaa on Jan 19, 2024, 5:41:12 AM
Agreed. It's fine that GGG is very lax on their policies and does not punish scamming or most other forms of bad behavior, but then they should at the very least give us a properly developed ignore feature with a properly sized ignore list. It's quite sad how little of an effort was made on that front.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info