[3.22] Ice Spear CoC Pathfinder (Mahuxotl's Machination) - 160M DPS ,Tanky , All Contents

The general ice spear coc of Pathfinder is good, however it's dangerous without leeching. And damage over time is so deadly. That's why I am looking for a better defense mechanism. Here is the answer: Mahuxotl's Machination + Tempered by War + Pathfinder.

Before you read this guide, you should understand the mechanism, which is not fresh in POE. You could see the video from midmax below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR7-aa6YF7c&t=97s&ab_channel=midmax

Defend Layer

1. We transform all elemental damage into Fire damage and Chaos Damage, so we only need to focus on fire resistance and chaos resistance. The maximum fire resistance is 88% and maximum chaos resistance is 85%, so it's really safe.

2. We also transform physical damage to fire damage through Cloak of Flame, Helmet and Prismatic jewel to avoid physical damage since we don't use determination.

[Attention!]

Don't Use Lightning Coil or other physical damage taken as lightning or cold damage since we can only transform damage once. You will endure whole damage as lightning or cold damage with your negative resistance.

3. 100% Spell Suppression + Purity of Elements.

4. Progenesis Flask + Petrified Blood

Video(All ubers showcase)

Pro's & Con's

+ High Clear Speed
+ Tanky(Can tank almost everything)
+ All contents and melt boss easily

- You need to press life flask every 3.5s.
(No life flask, no mana, no tanky)
- No elemental reflect

Path of Building

GEAR

Weapon

Spoiler

Find fractured one, and essence roll.
We want critical strike chance and multiplier.
Then suffix cannot be changed ,T4 aisling for spell damage, cold damage , chaos damage.
Finally, craft Hits can't be evaded.

Shield
Spoiler

damage taken as Fire damage or Chaos damage will be best.
If not, it's still ok. Not really matters.

Attention! Don't use damage taken as Cold or lightning damage.

armor

Spoiler

Fractured Suppress Spell Damage
Mana Efficiency Essence Roll
Strength, Intelligence , Chaos Resistance.

For Aisling reveal:

+2AOE will be best, and you can put your aura here.

Chaos Resistance Essence Roll
Strength, Intelligence

For Aisling reveal:

Projectiles Pierce An Additional Target (You can easily use bench craft)

Chaos Resistance Essence Roll
Strength, Intelligence

We need cooldown and maximum fire resistance here.

Belt

Spoiler

Reduced flask charges used
increased flask effect duration
Cooldown recovery (necessary!)

It's really hard to sustain all your flask, however you need to sustain your
Sulphur flask and Amethyst flask which is much easier.

Check your flask uptime on POB.

QA

How much cooldown recovery and APS do I need?
Spoiler
attack speed<10.1ApS

cooldown recovery>52%

Last edited by hank95459876 on Oct 22, 2023, 7:34:51 PM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2023, 7:07:49 AM
Ohhhh wow build looks super interesting! Was originally going to convert my MF Deadeye to be a Pathfinder Reap but this looks like a good alternative option <3

How much did it cost you in total though?
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Around 300D

If you don't maximize your gear like +1+2 double corrupt, it's not really expensive.
"
hank95459876 wrote:
Around 300D

If you don't maximize your gear like +1+2 double corrupt, it's not really expensive.

The price isn't bad <3 Okay sounds good~ Will convert my Deadeye to this soon after I get enough currency~

Will read more into the PoB
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Just how important is the Increased Flask Recovery Rate for the build to function? Can we do without it in the belt?

Also, why is Precision set at level 10? Is it for a higher health pool from reservation?
Last edited by Cowrex on Oct 25, 2023, 1:47:29 PM
Increased Flask Recovery is not that important, instead increased flask effect is much better.

We have hits can't be evaded, and my critical strike chance with cyclone is already 100%. Yes , it's for higher health pool. Remember to reach 50% so your Pain Attunement could work.
Last edited by hank95459876 on Oct 25, 2023, 10:31:43 PM
"
hank95459876 wrote:
Increased Flask Recovery is not that important, instead increased flask effect is much better.

We have hits can't be evaded, and my critical strike chance with cyclone is already 100%. Yes , it's for higher health pool. Remember to reach 50% so your Pain Attunement could work.

Ahhhh awesome got it <3

I'm almost done with my build, I got everything nailed down expect I just need to get lucky with my RNG on the Makanui tattoo for the pain attunement keystone (Wouldn't wanna spend those 4 points trying to get it normally)

Btw!! I got to finally use the build~

It's working really splendidly, though I do notice that during the intermission phase of bosses, the life flask uptime is disrupted, so was thinking of sacrificing some of the tattoos that benefit the marks for flask duration?
I recommend you to use the Pantheon "Soul of Ryslatha" ,which you can easily recover your life flask during intermission phase.

Flask duration can't increase the duration of life flask, and you need around 200% effect of flask duration to reach 100% uptime of your Dying Sun.

If you want to become more tanky, you can change your tattoo to Naturalist which increase life recovery from flasks.
Oh that's fair! Will try just that! <3 Thanks~

Overall, really loving the build!
Last edited by Cowrex on Oct 29, 2023, 12:40:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info