Unit in TOTA changed/deleted when swapping units pre-match

Had a very odd bug during a TOTA tournament that I sent in a /bug report on.

I was able to buy a Goliath of the Night early in the tournament, and had him in an attack position. But I wanted to put an item on him, which means I must first remove him from the field. When I did so, he vanished and could not be found in the list of warriors. Looked like he was replaced with a Spearfisher.

Thankfully the Goliath spawned back if I exited with L1 and went back in, and upon closer inspection I couldn't see him in the list of warriors then either, despite the Goliath being present on the field. Incredibly strange.

Hopefully all of this can be reproduced from the report, but don't know how much you can do from such things, or if you basically just get a brief report and that's that.

Due to the sheer chaos during matches, and trying to not die, I'm not actually sure if the Goliath was present in the match itself. But I did play it out with him in the same attack position and we won. He was still on the pitch for the next match, but I didn't try to remove him and such then, assuming the same error would happen again, and not wanting to risk it. It's a good unit, even if he can't oneshoot entire screens like the AI Goliaths do.

Several times I've also seen units just standing by their totems and not doing anything. Seems to happen for particularly attack units (seen it on flankers too). No wonder if feels like their AI is turned off sometimes, cause it pretty much is once this occurs. Maybe they respawn after death and then get 'stuck'? It's odd and certainly can be dangerous. I tried to run around a bit, through them, and such, hoping to un-bug them, but they just stood there behind the totem doing nothing.
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2023, 9:52:24 PM
Someone mentioned this bug on pc too.

Bug itself is only visual, you remove unit and its icon is changed into some other warrior icon.

Cant really give any info of how or when.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
"
oldwolfsoul wrote:
Someone mentioned this bug on pc too.

Bug itself is only visual, you remove unit and its icon is changed into some other warrior icon.

Cant really give any info of how or when.

Cheers, not just a console issue then, as I suspect just about all bugs are tbh.

Real shame they seem to have stopped patching this league up quite a while back, apart from tiny changes. The bug mentioned here is fairly serious, and the one where your units get 'locked' to their totem is much worse again, as it can lead to losses due to too many units doing nothing at all. It actually happens quite regularly, now that I'm paying more attention to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info