[3.24] Dominating Blow Champion - Necropolis-Ready Crit Adrena-minions

"
baksbani wrote:
guyz help i cant make battlemage cry to trigger the gems in the early game i did it but then it stop

Repeated attacks cannot be exerted. That is to say, putting Multistrike in the Dominating Blow links will unfortunately break our Battlemage's Cry setup.

Just switch it for a different support gem, and it should be triggering correctly again.

If you don't want to switch Multistrike to a different support gem, like if you had Awakened Multistrike for example, then you'd have to use something like Arcanist Brand instead of Battlemage's Cry.
Hi! I am playing this build right now and I'm gonna say it's really great so far! Usually not a minion guy but this one is really fit my preferred playstyle.

I am now chasing for the crit minion grand spectrums but they're so far away from my current budget. What jewels do you recommend to fit in the jewel slots meanwhile? Thank you!
"
Nandann wrote:
Hi! I am playing this build right now and I'm gonna say it's really great so far! Usually not a minion guy but this one is really fit my preferred playstyle.

I am now chasing for the crit minion grand spectrums but they're so far away from my current budget. What jewels do you recommend to fit in the jewel slots meanwhile? Thank you!

I have to say, your character is looking very good, especially for a week into the league.

About the Grand Spectrums, it's really quite a shock to see them go from 45c last league to over 10 div now.

Since we're already ailment immune, and Forbidden Flame/Flesh don't offer much to us as a minion build, it's hard to find suitable replacements.

A few ideas:

1. More Ghastly Eye jewels. Not a revolutionary idea, of course, but they're always good.

2. Quickening Covenant and Fortress Covenant have decent bonuses, and the downsides on them can be disabled if you socket them in cluster jewels.

3. As a defensive option, because of the spectres giving us auras, we can get more value out of a Watcher's Eye ("while affected by") than we could before. Chance to evade, physical damage reduction, crit reduction, suppression chance, etc.

4. The new That Which Was Taken jewel can give things like Onslaught and block chance to our allies.

5. The last idea might be a little weird. If we use a Brute Force Solution jewel to transform a certain amount of Strength to match Intelligence, we can use the Rational Doctrine jewel to have both consecrated and profane ground.

Consecrated ground will give 6.25% life regen which greatly boosts our survivability and sustain, but it's also absurd regen for our minions with much higher life totals. Taking That Which Was Taken further, it can make our consecrated ground apply 10% increased damage taken to enemies. Profane ground then gives 100% increased crit chance on top.
"
erdamus wrote:

I have to say, your character is looking very good, especially for a week into the league.

About the Grand Spectrums, it's really quite a shock to see them go from 45c last league to over 10 div now.

Since we're already ailment immune, and Forbidden Flame/Flesh don't offer much to us as a minion build, it's hard to find suitable replacements.

A few ideas:

1. More Ghastly Eye jewels. Not a revolutionary idea, of course, but they're always good.

2. Quickening Covenant and Fortress Covenant have decent bonuses, and the downsides on them can be disabled if you socket them in cluster jewels.

3. As a defensive option, because of the spectres giving us auras, we can get more value out of a Watcher's Eye ("while affected by") than we could before. Chance to evade, physical damage reduction, crit reduction, suppression chance, etc.

4. The new That Which Was Taken jewel can give things like Onslaught and block chance to our allies.

5. The last idea might be a little weird. If we use a Brute Force Solution jewel to transform a certain amount of Strength to match Intelligence, we can use the Rational Doctrine jewel to have both consecrated and profane ground.

Consecrated ground will give 6.25% life regen which greatly boosts our survivability and sustain, but it's also absurd regen for our minions with much higher life totals. Taking That Which Was Taken further, it can make our consecrated ground apply 10% increased damage taken to enemies. Profane ground then gives 100% increased crit chance on top.

Thanks for the reply!

I had some really lucky drops league start, and found this forum post and thought I've never done a dominating blow build before, so why not! and went all in xD didn't know what to do/ what items to chase for so I pretty much just copied your suppress PoB.

Anyway, I've been running the Rational Doctrine idea of yours and I gotta say, it fits too perfectly for my character right now, since I felt like I lack sustain and the jewel setup really helps!
from were do we get our endurance charges?
"
baksbani wrote:
from were do we get our endurance charges?

An armour small cluster jewel with the notable Enduring Composure generates one endurance charge per second if you've been hit in the last 4 seconds.

Since getting hit once will generate 4 endurance charges, it helps to get +1 maximum endurance charge on the tree. We don't really need more than that, though, because Grace and Dread Banner make us evasive enough that we may not always be hit again to generate more.

Also, the endurance charges get consumed by Immortal Call to increase the physical damage reduction that it gives us.

This setup is used as a low-cost way to cover our weakness to physical damage when we don't use Determination to boost our armour. If you're using Determination instead of Grace, then you don't need the endurance charges as much, and you'd be using Molten Shell as your guard skill instead of Immortal Call.

Since we can get Determination from the new Perfect Guardian Turtle as a spectre this league, we don't ever need to have Enduring Composure. Endurance charges still provide defensive benefit, especially to bigger physical hits, but it's not as big of a hole in our defenses as it would otherwise be. If you still want endurance charges, the Perfect Warlord spectre is another option that provides a Vitality aura and shares endurance charges with its allies.
Last edited by erdamus on Dec 20, 2023, 7:27:35 AM
this looks amazing, can anyone let me know why we use penance brand? Seems like a different mark would have more effect?
"
ManiacBMB wrote:
this looks amazing, can anyone let me know why we use penance brand? Seems like a different mark would have more effect?

The main weakness of Dominating Blow is needing to ramp up your minion count in single-target scenarios. There's a 25% chance to summon a sentinel when hitting a unique monster, which can be a little spotty. At 4 attacks per second, fully summoning your army would take an average of 9 seconds.

Penance Mark lasts for 3 seconds, spawning 3 phantasms per second when the monster is hit. That gives us a big jumpstart on summoning our 9 sentinels.

Since Penance Mark doesn't occupy a gem socket, it's possible to switch to a different mark for more damage when your army is good to go. On the other hand, Penance Mark could let you drop your Vaal Domination ascended sentinels if you keep it up to farm phantasms.

Of course, if you're just blasting maps and not bossing or running invitations, then Penance Mark doesn't offer as much.
Updated the guide for 3.24 Necropolis league.

The most significant change of course was the removal of instant skills on left-click. I've tried to give some workarounds for our Battlemage's Cry setup. While not quite as smooth as before, it should still be manageable. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm eager to listen.

Another change is in the jewel section. The price of Grand Spectrums shot through the roof last league with the changes to lab, so I've switched off of them in the PoBs. Also, I decided to commit to a warcry medium cluster jewel for minion Onslaught despite the changes to our warcry setup.

Depending on the spectre situation and crafting options in Necropolis, more updates to come in the next few days or weeks. Have a good league start, exiles.
Thanks for the update!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info