D4 season 2: Season of Blood

I like most of the changes but they really need to dial up the difficulty again next season, everything is a faceroll once you get a bit of gear and reaching that point is pretty quick.
Playing D4 S2 was actually has been a lot of fun, And I have not liked Diablo since the original.
Mainly because it is simple and easy for beginners. seems like they want new and veteran players to come and play. Which seems the opposite for PoE. seems they just like the ones they have the veterans.

I myself Love PoE. Finally, after over a year or so of playing. I understand most PoE mechanics. I can make my own build with skills I like without haveing to copy a veterans build.

I have had numerous friends and others that like games I have played try PoE. they play for 2 weeks at most. Say its to hard, crafting is confusing, and endgame is complicated. Thus I tried to explain to them later endgame getting easier to understand come try it out. but they have the mind set as a complicated game. Way to much math to have fun.

I do not know what PoE 2 will bring hoping for it to be amazing. Maybe think of new players as well as veterans I don't know.
Last edited by Kaotic-Ouch on Oct 23, 2023, 12:12:48 PM
It went from 'D4 bad' to 'D4 mid'. I had fun for a week but the itemization is still crap. I hope they work on it for next season.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
It went from 'D4 bad' to 'D4 mid'. I had fun for a week but the itemization is still crap. I hope they work on it for next season.

its such a mess, its many attempts in too. they had that whole silly idea with angelic and demonic power switching on and off stats on your gear... jesus christ...

theyve gone back to scratch with the item system a number of times in development where they thought their idea was awesome, they showed it to the world and everyone whos actually played an arpg told them it was awful and they needed to start again. they just dont get it, i dunno if they will ever fix it tbh. d3 never fixed it.

i can live with it being as bad as it is as long as they improve the gameplay of the builds the way they have this season i guess? maybe? lets see, we might have to so it is what it is i guess.

the stash space is killing me tho, the whole aspect thing is complete garbage. they need to make it so when u extract the aspect it updates ur codex rather than keeping aspects as items. and i need 20 tabs.

I hit lvl 100 in a few days, ive got all my glyphs at 15 and full completed all that renown stuff, got all the lilith alters finally, killed all the uber bosses. im basically just slamming helltides now because that living steel stuff is the bottleneck for farming uber duriel. were just chaining duriel for shakos at this point as much as we can.

the game lasted i think about 4 days for me until it just became im level 100 with everything as maxed as its gonna get and its just about farming ubers. thats kind of where D3 is at too right? about 4 days in youve just got primal ancients and pushing GR leaderboards left to do, if you go try hard you can probably do it in 2 days but our group are fairly relaxed.
Just stopped playing Season 2 recently... the improvements are pretty great and the gameplay feels a lot smoother...

The itemization is the biggest drawback for me though :S So hard to tell which is better among stats like "1.5% chance to deal 2x damage against weak enemies" or "3% critical strike chance against Vulnerable enemies" and etc.

Holy hell there's just so much umbrellas for mods
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
yeah for sure, it looks so messy right?

. 10.7% critical strike chance against vulnerable enemies (8%-15.5%)
. 3.4% lucky strike chance when you have a barrier (2.2%-5.5%)

i mean, fking hell, can it just be...

. 11% critical strike chance
. 3% lucky hit chance

cant it just be that? all these conditions are trash, they make the stats look a mess and it means nothing can have a functional tooltip because the game cant know what state any of these conditions are in.

attack power is an entirely meaningless stat, i put on a new weapon at one point that had more dps, more % damage affixes, my attack power went down considerably even tho every single stat on the items that effected my dps was higher on the new one?

its so confusing to look at items, you cant get to the point where your eyes just make sense of them at a glance like PoE because its such a mess of decimal points, conditions and bracket information that should only show up on holding a key. there should be no decimal points at all in the stats, whole numbers only.

im playing with people in my friends wow guild and i keep having to explain to them that item power doesnt effect your character. theyre putting on gear thats worse stats wise because its got more item power thinking that number somehow effects their dps/survivability in an unknown way.

item power is meaningless, attack power is meaningless. this isnt more simple and easy to understand for casuals, its harder to understand for everyone, its just a badly made game.

they cant give us tool tip dps because all the stats have conditions, but the conditions are also confusing shit, so we have a game that is shit at telling you what your characters power is so that it can accommodate having shit stats that make it impossible to tell how powerful an item is?

its so convoluted and the sad thing is its not giving rise to interesting choices and options. poe is convoluted at times but at least in poe youre getting a deep, interesting set of mechanics and interactions as a result. theyve managed to make a simple game more confusing than a complex game.
This reply (D4 Steam forums) in regards of how D4 stats currently work nailed it:

"
..it's how stats are watered down to the point you can't tell at a glance whether something is worth your time or not. They take whole stats and break them into pieces, and break those pieces down into fractions of percentages. Or make them into A happens against B while C and D.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2344520/discussions/0/3877095199997577101/?ctp=3
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info