im tired of spending time to prepare content to run

rolling maps, buying compasses (even if i roll they're 99% crap),
buying scarabs
in diablo3 i can just run map after map after map without preparing anything

no i wont go play diablo3, game had its time

alch and go is still connected to rolling the right mods and its not profitable at all ...
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last edited by Tai_GGG on Oct 10, 2023, 11:11:57 AM
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2023, 11:04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
thank you for filling my pockets - got a backpack and 2 full bags in my hands of currency from mapping.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
thank you for filling my pockets - got a backpack and 2 full bags in my hands of currency from mapping.

has to do what with the topic?
Its a feedback, and my feedback is loot is better than ever with even alch and go. Putting sextants on and scarabs is like 5sec. I mean, sure, you can put scarab from inventory to map device in 1sec, or take 1 day to do it, but thats a players choice.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Its a feedback, and my feedback is loot is better than ever with even alch and go. Putting sextants on and scarabs is like 5sec. I mean, sure, you can put scarab from inventory to map device in 1sec, or take 1 day to do it, but thats a players choice.

[Removed By Support]

but rolling for right map mods can take a while including right quant
buying right sextant mods will take even more
same goes for scarabs
i dont see where your counterargument is
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Oct 2, 2023, 6:40:30 PM
Lol buy in bulk, one trade and you're set for plenty of maps. Roll a map is a click with alch and one or two chaos orbs if its really bad, what else you try to roll there, you're not MF to worry bout that

Last edited by Nomancs on Oct 2, 2023, 6:45:04 PM
After POE's core balance issues micromanaging maps has to be my biggest friction point with POE...

Every time I play D2R instead of POE I fall back in love with grinding, because I don't need to micro. Every time I delve for hours because I accidentally have tens of thousands of sulphite, I fall back in love with grinding in POE. Every time GGG makes a league mechanic that I can grind in an act area (Such as Crucible most recently, but also Betrayal, and a host of others)... its the same deal. Mapping micro feels like GGG overthought things and has never asked themselves if the design actually works better or is in any way an improvement on D2's refreshing act area grinds. IMO its literally just a worse system.

before they made map sustain trivial (in a good way) in the base game I would almost never grind red maps because by the time I'd micro'd my way up to the highest tier I'd already be bored/exhausted and have used up all my limited will power to roll maps, and parse the text of the mods.

Imagine thinking that making players read 4 to 8 lines of intentionally shuffled up text per 2 minutes worth of map is a good idea? Or when rolled in bulk, reading 4 to 8 lines times 8 or 10 maps (using CuteDog's ancient crane technique) for ~15-30 minutes of mapping or whatever you happen to run them at. Even when you're good at scanning them this is tedious and fatiguing. You might think I'm bad at scanning, but I'm not, I just still hate it. I hate it because its pulling me out of the core loop and forcing the meta game of map rolling on me.

Its no different from if I was playing Dark souls and I needed to open a debug or consol screen every 2 minutes and put in consol command line arguments to keep playing. It is literally and not figuratively exactly that bad IMO.

Lets say you roll 10 maps at a time; IMAGINE SCANNING UP TO EIGHTY FUCKING LINES OF SHUFFLED META INFORMATION. and then expand that out to ultra sweaty requirements GGG designed into the game, so parsing 80 lines every 8 or 20 or 30 minutes, for 6 or 8 hours of mapping a night that is expected to progress to any degree.

Imagine thinking thats a good system, but then not only that: lets shuffle the mods around so you can't use any visual shortcuts like looking at the first line because hypothetically reflect always shows up on the first line... DELIBERATELY designing anti-intuitive 'fuck you mechanics' into the system.

Conversely every time I leave a long delve session and get to feel a real ARPG grind. I almost invariably either quit playing POE for a while or spend time resentfully rubbing up against the (IMO) design mistake of map micromanagement, trying to "choke down" how annoying and tedious the system is designed to be.

I'm also 100% convinced that the main reason so many Diablo andys (D2, D3 and D4 included) never make the transition to POE is the map micro and the meta-game in your face immersion ruining aspect. And I mean immersion IN THE GRIND not role play immersion ffs thats not even a consideration thats always been out the door and gone away...

I also can look at what leagues I actually played all 3 months (or more, I played literally to the last day of Crucible) and draw a direct parallel to whether I could farm an act area (Quarry, Blood Aqua, Reliquary) and turn my brain off and grind towards cool items and goals, or if I needed to drown in mapping micromanagement.

I pretty much 100% consistently always quit mapping only leagues in month 1 the only exceptions are leagues where I "role played" a merchant all league and ignored mapping.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Oct 2, 2023, 7:05:19 PM
spend an hour to buy scarabs and sextants

you're set for a week

how is this a problem?
"
Nomancs wrote:
Lol buy in bulk, one trade and you're set for plenty of maps. Roll a map is a click with alch and one or two chaos orbs if its really bad, what else you try to roll there, you're not MF to worry bout that

where can i buy compasses in bulk? like for example harvest compasses 4 charges
?
"
auspexa wrote:
spend an hour to buy scarabs and sextants

you're set for a week

how is this a problem?

right since i have currency to buy compasses and scarabs that cost divines upon divines for a week :D

nice joke
you probably missed the point of my post
the issue is that before i can start "playing" the game i need to prepare lots of stuff ...
in other games i dont need to do that. played black desert online
i literally grinded 8 hours straight because i just could and i only paused because my inventory was full.
+1 to OP

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info