Trading kills POE console, why no crossplay?

"
MaxW81 wrote:
Yeah last league I had to give up a build because the needed upgrades did not exist.

True. It's particularly frustrating for rare items that are quite mandatory in some builds, such as a specific Forbidden flesh+flame. Not a problem on PC, but for consoles very few of these exist at the best of times. We need the pair after all, so one won't do.

Really, really hope they will sort out cross market in POE 2 at least. If not, it's pretty much irrefutable proof they don't give two sh*ts about console players :(
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
MaxW81 wrote:
Yeah last league I had to give up a build because the needed upgrades did not exist.

True. It's particularly frustrating for rare items that are quite mandatory in some builds, such as a specific Forbidden flesh+flame. Not a problem on PC, but for consoles very few of these exist at the best of times. We need the pair after all, so one won't do.

Really, really hope they will sort out cross market in POE 2 at least. If not, it's pretty much irrefutable proof they don't give two sh*ts about console players :(

They have already proven that lol
I have a $3k PC. rtx 3080 oled monitor the works. I still play PoE on my series X. Trade is so much better on console. You can play the game and sell and buy without having to minimize the game and whisper players.

Items have more value because there are not thousands of bots and shop farmers farming currency for real money.

Crossplay would be nice for console. I never want to share anything with PC. PC crossplay has ruined FPS games for PC and console.
I'm pretty sure there will never be xplay for PoE. GGG is not Blizzard where you can play Diablo IV on all platforms together.

As for me I'll solve the problem by buying a PC just to play PoE with the same convenience as the majority of players does. Trade on console is frustrating beyond the point I could ignore. Tried to buy a set of porcupine cards for my endgame bow,no way price is 5xhigher as it's listed on any trade site.
Still no idea if there will be crossplay or cross-trading in POE2, but exciting news lately about probably huge changes to trading in POE2. That alone is a big improvement. For a long time they have held back, and we were threatened with the Trade market being removed from consoles if there were to be a unison system. Now they are instead taking both into POE2: an instant buyout option (which we sort-of have), and coupling it with detailed searches, presumably still from the trade site as opposed to in-game.

Exciting news, and I hope some of this will seep into POE1 at some point too, as I can imagine many people will still play both games.

Here is the source, and the trade stuff is right towards the end, around the 1:50 hour mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RskRFwgoQ5g
I just want to be able to access my MTX's on PC. I have a really nice PC and can play PoE on there now. But I don't wanna rebuy all my tabs, and MTX's.

I imagine the problem is if a PC player wanted to do the opposite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info