Trading kills POE console, why no crossplay?

Hi,

i love POE, i play it almost since launch and played it very long on PC. My played time are several thousand hours.

So often I tried a new game but it never was able to get my attention, only poe is the game I need.

Since a couple of years I do not own a PC anymore. With long workdays and a wife it is more convenient to play a bit just on the sofa with a console, even though I previously was a full blood computer guy...time changes everything.

I played on ps4 und did honestly only buy a ps5 that poe runs more smooth.

But since around two or three leagues it is not motivating anymore to play. If you are not a fulltime or pro player it is impossible to gather the currency which is needed to buy something in the trade market and there is nothing available anymore.

It seems like the players on console become less and less and those few players cannot fullfill the huge item variety which is needed to be in the market to help all players with their different builds. For example the skin of the lords with 4B/2R which I need is only available 2 times (with bad passives) on PS, each for more then 10div. On PC there are 120, some for less then 1 div. That is so damn unmotivating...

I am really sad about it, but it seems like it does not make sense to play POE on console (for me) anymore. There is no fun at all and only demotivation. I dont know how to be able to play the builds I would like to play without the items.

There is only one solution: PLEASE bring up crossplay for the trade market. I cannot see any disadvantage for anyone and I guess the number of players on console would also increase again.

I guess I am not the only one begging for this.
Thanks and regards,
Beischi
Last bumped on Feb 5, 2024, 9:47:14 AM
This is the most obvious problem with console. The scarcity of trade just makes playing the game a completely compromised experience since the game is balanced with trade in mind.

I’m at the point where I’m going to probably buy a PC just for PoE and Lost Epoch as I’m pretty sure PoE 2 will not be launched immediately on console.

Edit: just as context, I want a quiver with +1 arrow for Tornado Shot. In PC a fractured base costs 60c , with 320 results. In Xbox? 1 hit, 20 divines.
Last edited by Guilhaz on Sep 30, 2023, 5:50:19 AM
"
Beischmon wrote:
Hi,

i love POE, i play it almost since launch and played it very long on PC. My played time are several thousand hours.

So often I tried a new game but it never was able to get my attention, only poe is the game I need.

Since a couple of years I do not own a PC anymore. With long workdays and a wife it is more convenient to play a bit just on the sofa with a console, even though I previously was a full blood computer guy...time changes everything.

I played on ps4 und did honestly only buy a ps5 that poe runs more smooth.

But since around two or three leagues it is not motivating anymore to play. If you are not a fulltime or pro player it is impossible to gather the currency which is needed to buy something in the trade market and there is nothing available anymore.

It seems like the players on console become less and less and those few players cannot fullfill the huge item variety which is needed to be in the market to help all players with their different builds. For example the skin of the lords with 4B/2R which I need is only available 2 times (with bad passives) on PS, each for more then 10div. On PC there are 120, some for less then 1 div. That is so damn unmotivating...

I am really sad about it, but it seems like it does not make sense to play POE on console (for me) anymore. There is no fun at all and only demotivation. I dont know how to be able to play the builds I would like to play without the items.

There is only one solution: PLEASE bring up crossplay for the trade market. I cannot see any disadvantage for anyone and I guess the number of players on console would also increase again.

I guess I am not the only one begging for this.
Thanks and regards,
Beischi

Because of the differences in the versions, release schedules, code bases, and servers, crossplay will never ever happen. Console is basically an unwanted stepchild at this point concerning solid patches and updates that actually fix problems instead of making them worse and this is what's contributing to the lower player population on PS4 and even Xbox sides. This means the few players on console that do exist have to literally price gouge in order to make any sort of "profit." It's crap and GGG knows it, but I'm sure they have their actual talent working on PoE2, while PoE1 gets the 3rd string benchwarmers and noobs.
Agreed. The itemization is crap without harvest...
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
Just play ssf/ssfruthless, change your expected endgame plans and thats it.

You can enjoy poe once again.

P.s. most of you look at high prices from your personal view. But imagine if you got some crazy drop that sells on console for 10d vs pc 1d.

Buy for more, but sell for more. Imo it evens out at the end.

Crossplay market could create new type of topics : "Everything I pick up is worthless!"
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Oct 18, 2023, 6:06:44 PM
"
oldwolfsoul wrote:
Just play ssf/ssfruthless, change your expected endgame plans and thats it.

You can enjoy poe once again.

P.s. most of you look at high prices from your personal view. But imagine if you got some crazy drop that sells on console for 10d vs pc 1d.

Buy for more, but sell for more. Imo it evens out at the end.

Crossplay market could create new type of topics : "Everything I pick up is worthless!"

Crossplay will be one of the best things GGG can do for promoting game on a console. First of all people don't even considering trying out console version because they invested a lot time (legacy rewards, items etc.) and money (stash tabs, MTX, support packs) in their PC accounts. I would like to have an option of playing PoE on console but I just don't want to leave my main account and having a need to buy all the stash tabs again.

Also, actually normal trading system witch has enough people that will want to buy/sell stuff. Joint trade system alone will make console version much more better people will be able to build same builds as PC players without extra pain. "Just play ssf/ssfruthless, change your expected endgame plans and thats it." By saying this you just justifying GGG's BS that happens right now with console version of the game.

TBH poe on console is a sweet thing to have but to make it actually worth playing they need to implement crossplay so people wouldn't lose their progress from switching platforms and wouldn't have a burden of having only 3 dudes to trade with. There is enough examples of games that have crossplay war thunder, CoD, Fortnite etc. so GGG needs to actually do the right thing and create normal crossplay between consoles and PC.
Last edited by QuasTrionis on Dec 1, 2023, 5:10:06 AM
I think I am kinda against crossplay with pc. Console got its own unique features, market prices, private league feel etc. I understand that its not so friendly to new/casual playerbase, but at least everyone can find its own niche thing and make profit from it, while learning endgame grind strats.
It gives some sort of deepnes to it, as ypur atlas choices means a lot on console.

I dont want to be 2 weeks late to trade league launch and find out all my drops are worth <1c.

P.s. I am not against xbox-playstation crossplay. I cant wait for it!(if it happens)

Nor I am against shared mtx between pc and console accounts.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Dec 7, 2023, 7:15:22 AM
Yeah last league I had to give up a build because the needed upgrades did not exist.
But what could be done?

* GGG itself filling the market place with giga rare stuff as the league ages?
* Cross platform trade between X-Box and PC? Yeah but still tiny playerbase compared PC
* Adjusted droprates for certain items? Like Skin of the Lord with the right stat and sockets simply does not exist for Console players, it was already rare to find one before then Breach changes. Same goes for Forbidden Flesh/Flame, these need to be 10x more common to be relevant for most players.

They refuse to spend the money to make it happen. We don't matter dont get ur hopes up.

We all know they are owned by tencent. They could do it
At the very least they could maeir so ps and Xbox can trade its so stupid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info