Dissolution of the flesh + eternal youth no longer working.

"
When using Dissolution of the flesh and Eternal youth combo no damage should be able to stop your energy shield recharge since you are reserving life not actually taking damage.
This is not and has never been true.

You are taking damage, and the result of taking that damage is changed from losing life to reserving life. But reserving life can still make you lose life - if your maximum unreserved life drops below your current life value, you inherently lose life equal to the difference, because the current value obviously can't be higher than your max unreserved life. When this happens, you are losing life from taking damage, which is the condition that inhibits Recharge.
"
If I step into a map with a floor degen stepping on this normally stops energy shield recharge rate right?

lets say I step on it without petrified blood and with full life the degen reserves my life and I lose life equal to the difference but my energy shield recharge from eternal youth is not interrupted.
I tested in-game and this behaviour with damage-over-time specifically is as you describe currently. This is a bug.

The reason for the bug is that internally, taking damage from a hit and taking damage over time are handled separately, and the changes they make to life are similarly made separately. The code checking when life is removed instantly is only interrupting recharge if the source of the change is a hit, because normally that's the only kind of damage which can call that function. Similarly the code for checking when life changes over time is only checking whether that change is caused by damage-over-time, because hits can't cause that.

However, the because reservations can't be fractional amounts, reserving life from damage-over-time is just tracked internally without changing anything until a full 1 damage has been accumulated and this is then used to change the reservation, and if your current life was already at the unreserved maximum, that is an instant loss of 1 life, but caused by damage over time.

The loss of life is correctly marked as coming from damage over time, but because damage over time usually can't cause instant life loss, the code for instant life loss doesn't currently check for that cause as one of the ones that should interrupt recharge.

This will be fixed at some point in the future, I don't know when.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info