Please, need ability to switch between Controller and Keyboard/Mouse

I just decided to pick up PoE again and was happy to see it now has Controller support. However, I was taken back when I tried to use Keyboard & Mouse to do stuff in town (inventory management, shopping).

I figured out you have to quit to the Character Select screen to switch input methods, but that doesn't work well at all.

My older hands do not do well using Keyboard & Mouse for combat like they used to, so I use a controller now and it keeps gaming fun for me. However, inventory management and shopping with a controller is way more difficult than using the mouse.

Also, the auto-upgrade on Gems messed me up when using a controller. I figured out how to turn that back off, but I was thinking maybe it should be off by default and have tool tips for manually upgrading the gems you want. Then, for those that want it they can set the auto-upgrade to on and enjoy that feature.

Even though I have an Xbox I chose to play PoE via Steam because of the things I've mentioned above. It would be really great to be able to switch without exiting the game or use both at the same time as either one would solve the issue I've ran into.

I saw some older posts about this too, but they were archived and I didn't see anything in them from the Devs saying if this was possible or not. That's why I've made my own post about it.

Thanks for all you do!
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2024, 4:07:30 PM
Concur with the need to be able to use K&M in town.

I cannot use K&M for actual gameplay, due to a repetitive motion injury in my right shoulder. However, inventory management via controller is absolutely, totally inferior.

This is, honestly, the only area that D4 does something better - that game's ability to seamlessly switch back and forth between controller and keyboard/mouse is phenomenal. If nothing else, this needs to be folded into PoE2. Please.
Why haven't we received any response from GGG regarding this issue? This has been a problem for years.
It's insane to me it doesn't auto switch when detecting another input being used. It even has a auto option....
Please GGG, we need this fix. I have Wrist and Finger Problems when im playing too much with Mouse/Keyboard. Thats why im playing most of the time with Controller. But the chest management is horrible with controller.
I also know Poeple who have similar Problems. :(
Last edited by BananaJoe87 on Nov 14, 2023, 7:24:54 AM
I can only second this, I can imagine that the game has been coded in a way where this was not considered and it would take quite some effort to do, but it would make such a huge difference for so many people.
Yes please!
GGG please think of all the people who would benefit from such a simple change, not to mention how many new players may decide to play if this is implemented.
"
MuhChicken wrote:
I just decided to pick up PoE again and was happy to see it now has Controller support. However, I was taken back when I tried to use Keyboard & Mouse to do stuff in town (inventory management, shopping).

My older hands do not do well using Keyboard & Mouse for combat like they used to, so I use a controller now and it keeps gaming fun for me. However, inventory management and shopping with a controller is way more difficult than using the mouse.

This. Please GGG, fix this!!
I am new to POE and coming from games like Diablo and LE where I play controller but use M&K in town for inventory management I am finding this game already difficult at the start just trying to manage inventory with a controller.
Hopefully they do bring this to the game
it horrible to do it this way
Last edited by dull8ird on Mar 29, 2024, 9:40:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info