[3.22] Golemancer Elementalist | Trial of the Ancestors

"
Anaroin wrote:
Is that "budget friendly" PoB universal for every golem build? Le't say i want to change from Stone to Carrion or Flame. Is it possible to use the same PoB?

Yea, that tree should work for other golems just fine, except Flame Golems wouldn't need the "Gravepact" cluster since they're using spells rather than attacks and thus don't need any accuracy (but the "chance to deal double damage" might still be worthwhile, just PoB it, could be a decent choice as an anointment).

Can't see why an Elementalist "Golemancer" would want to use Carrions though, I'd rather go with Ice Golems as they deal by far the highest damage of the lot but their problem being the lack of AoE so they're great for bossing at the expense of rather poor clear speed.

As for Flame Golems, used to love them "back in the day", before GGG, in their infinite wisdom, decided to nerf them into oblivion and despite the various buffs introduced in 3.19 their damage output is still shockingly poor. I guess, with "Pledge of Hands" (Level 30 "Greater Spell Echo") they can reach formidable clear speed alright but even if you swap LMP/GMP for "Slower Projectiles", boss fights will be quite painful to endure. They might also benefit from other minions such as AG and Spectres but that means even less golems (no "Primordial Chain) and then you must look after the survivability of your non-Golem minions, something an Elementalist is poorly equipped for to begin with and you'll end up with a quite different build altogether.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 22, 2023, 10:18:02 AM
"
Zen_Zen_21 wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
Why use phys to cold conversion?

Phys reflect maps are no problem with Yugul and Elder Ring (if one really wants to do them).

Since you're not using Harmony jewels your golems cannot sustain their slam attack, which deals a lot more damage than their default attack

And not to mention those "awkward" four green sockets in the gloves.

You DPS output isn't exactly "stellar"... in fact, more is possible with cheaper gear (2x CIP cost nothing... which cannot be said about a +2 wand and shield ;).

Here is a pretty "budget friendly" PoB, lvl 97, no Lab enchantments, no cluster jewels, rather random and affordable gear and yet almost 7m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/sZzrdVucKkzf

And here's what I'm currently rolling with, lvl 100, all out awa and alt quality gems, Cluster jewels, some "legacy stuff" on the daggers (btw, your bone helmet has that "glorious" old 40% implicit, hard to get that in Trial of the Ancestors ;), 13m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/bp0-UTgOO4L4

Note: I'm not using Desecrate & Flesh Offering, could fit it in alright but I'm just too lazy ;)

I would agree that CI does have its benefits but going "full life" instead at the start is probably easier to realize.

Thank you for your kind input!

The reason with cold conversion was to make the best benefit I could with a damage aura and it was hatred :) .

Yeah you are right about the awkwardness of four green sockets but as I mentioned in the video if in SC people can use it with a Cast on Death + Portal or in general a Smoke Mine + Second Wind can be socketed there. I personally don't like the gameplay of smoke mine and I play in HC so two of the four green sockets on the gloves are empty for me.

You are also right about CIP but there are couple issues with it for me. First one is no trigger craft. Trigger craft makes life so much easier while mapping with offering socketed in it. Second is that shield provides good amounts of defence to the build which I personally like very much in HC :) . But it is a cheap option for people to get the build do more damage early on.

About the bone helmet part, I think you misread the enchant as implicit :) .

I will also leave a link to a comment I got on my post of this build in r/pathofexilebuilds , which may guide some players to alternate the build further:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/15peefe/comment/jvx2xx9/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Hey sorry for bothering you but I was trying your build and I'm liking it so far but how did you get the added physical damage to spells on your Cold iron point to be able to use Arc with shaper of storms. I'm still fairly new so I'm not sure how to make that work.
Last edited by ll0o0ll on Aug 24, 2023, 5:26:13 AM
"
ll0o0ll wrote:
how did you get the added physical damage to spells on your Cold iron point to be able to use Arc with shaper of storms.

Unfortunately this is no longer possible, the Scourge corruptions on my CIP daggers are "legacy" and can no longer be obtained but all is not lost... if you get a Stygian Vise belt you can use an Hypnotic Eye Abyssal jewel with "Adds ## Physical Damage to Spells", alternatively use some physical spell instead, e.g. Bladefall. You will shock just fine, except you won't get the 30% increased effect from Arc, which translates to 4.5% higher Shock effect (base value is 15% incr. damage taken but we have a minimum of 16.5% with the 10% incr. effect on the small passive before "Shaper of Storms"). You can pimp the Shock effect some more with "xx% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" which can crafted as a suffix on boots (30%) or found as an implicit on corrupted jewels (5-7%).

(Note: with CIP we will never get the "Shaper of Storm" extra bonus of "25% MORE effect...", this would be applied separately after all sources of INCREASED effect have been added if the highest amount of damage dealt was Lightning, this is the major drawback of CIP, but hey, they're cheap. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 25, 2023, 7:31:04 AM
Ah thanks, I was using Bladefall instead but good to know if I want to use arc there's a way ^^
Last edited by ll0o0ll on Aug 24, 2023, 3:25:55 PM
I followed the guide pretty closely and have been having a good time climbing map tiers. But I'm pretty stuck at the moment: getting killed rather quick and also not killing as fast as I'd expected.

Any tips you could give? Maybe I'm missing something? here is my current POB: https://pobb.in/ZpJPqOIh99VG

I have 9 golems in case it doesn't show that. I've hit a wall around t14 maps where i die as much as I gain exp
"
Dr_Killshot wrote:
I followed the guide pretty closely and have been having a good time climbing map tiers. But I'm pretty stuck at the moment: getting killed rather quick and also not killing as fast as I'd expected.

Any tips you could give? Maybe I'm missing something? here is my current POB: https://pobb.in/ZpJPqOIh99VG

I have 9 golems in case it doesn't show that. I've hit a wall around t14 maps where i die as much as I gain exp

Thanks for following my build!

I took a look at your pob and got some idea why you could be dying as much as you do. First and probably the greatest reason you die a lot is probably because of your elemental resistances. You have capped resistances but they are not curse capped. Meaning when you get any of the elemental curses your resistances fall way below the 75% cap and monsters kill you very easily. This build lacks curse defence so I suggest getting at least +30-40% over the res cap. I see your jade flask has extra res on it but it may not be up all the time and may not be up when you get cursed.

Edit: There is also exposure which I forgot to mention in this message, which lowers your resistances even more.

Second is you should either get the energy shield mastery that says *stun threshold is 60% of your ES* or get a corundum flask and try to keep it active at all times while mapping. You may be getting stunned a lot and standing still is a really bad thing in this game :) .

Lastly, I don't know how much effect this has but using a basalt flask makes you taunt enemies. Even tho your 9 golems also taunt, there may be some instances you draw enemy fire on yourself by pressing that flask. I suggest using a stibnite flask instead.

I hope you keep enjoying the build, you may also find some suggestions on this post made by other players useful depending on your playstyle.
Last edited by Zen_Zen_21 on Aug 29, 2023, 10:00:11 AM
Im trying to play the build and so far no problems really. I did find a pair of Triads but they are only 2 green and 2 blue sockets , so I guess mine golems are attacking 50% cold and 50% lightning atm.. Also Im using 5 stone, 1 cold, and 1 chaos golem for the benefits they give. Im only into act 6 right now but they are killers anyways.
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Im trying to play the build and so far no problems really. I did find a pair of Triads but they are only 2 green and 2 blue sockets , so I guess mine golems are attacking 50% cold and 50% lightning atm.. Also Im using 5 stone, 1 cold, and 1 chaos golem for the benefits they give. Im only into act 6 right now but they are killers anyways.

Im glad you are enjoying the build! Tho a few recommendations; Chaos golems are a fine choice and many people choose to give up one golem for a chaos golem for extra survivability but ice golem I would not recommend for this build as golem buffs dont affect eachother. Also I suggest making the triad 4 green as soon as you can because it will greatly boost your dps. Tho that may take some tries as triad grip is a str-int base and green is the offcolor for it.
Yea 4 OS green is going for 30C atm - I have 5 in the bank on Ancestor league atm ...
In game since Minotaur League..
isnt fleshcrafter simply better than vis mortis?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info