the only way it fix my game crash after 3.23.1 Update is on BIOS
limit my CPU core to 2 core, after my game didnt crash anymore
Hope this will help someone else.
"
xVoidShadows wrote:
the only way it fix my game crash after 3.23.1 Update is on BIOS
limit my CPU core to 2 core, after my game didnt crash anymore
Hope this will help someone else.

Trying to help is nice and all, but holy crap is that not a good solution.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
Last edited by Angrybagel on Jan 19, 2024, 12:24:36 AM
Hey everyone, hopefully this can be of us to someone.

I've had this crash all league, and I've not been able to resolve it (I wasn't prepared to resort to kneecapping my CPU just to play PoE).

Today, I was in my BIOS to work out some recent instability issues and I disabled my motherboards "auto" optimization for RAM and switched back to XMP II.

Not only did this seem to resolve my instability issues, but out of curiosity I decided to try PoE again. I played for an hour, changed zones multiple times, and simply couldn't get it to error again.

Now, I may have just been lucky and maybe I'll crash at some point in the future, but I was consistently crashing either on load, or at best after 2-3 zone changes.

So, to recap. Maybe try either enabling XMP 2 for your RAM, or if you already have it, try unsetting it and after a restart, turn it back on.

Good luck gamers!
"
lemongod wrote:
(...)

3. Lower the max turbo frequency of P-cores by some amount - for me, using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to lower the Performance Core Ratio from 55x to 50x worked. Functionally, this caps the max frequency to 5.0 GHz which still sucks, but it stopped the crashes as well.

(...)

This worked for me too. I only needed to reduce the Performance Core Ratio by one point (from x53 to x52, with an i7 13700K)
Be nice to get some word from GGG on this seeing people with brand new up to date PC's including myself can't play a 10 year old game due to it.

Happens more and more as the league goes on, at first it was once or twice a day now it's every hour or so and requires up to 7 or 8 CTD's in a row to get it working again once it crashes.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K 3.20 GHz
128gb RAM
RTX 40900 24gb
Win 10 64

Reinstalled over and over verified files/drivers, set CPU to 90-99% max etc. etc. nothing stops this issue.
"
Nasakenai wrote:
Be nice to get some word from GGG on this seeing people with brand new up to date PC's including myself can't play a 10 year old game due to it.

Happens more and more as the league goes on, at first it was once or twice a day now it's every hour or so and requires up to 7 or 8 CTD's in a row to get it working again once it crashes.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K 3.20 GHz
128gb RAM
RTX 40900 24gb
Win 10 64

Reinstalled over and over verified files/drivers, set CPU to 90-99% max etc. etc. nothing stops this issue.

Nice rig, but have you tested it fr stability, e.g. the simple test is to create a large amount of compressed data using heavy compression and test it after creation (say 500Gb compressed data test). Or using special soft for PC testing
There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
Any news about this problem? I just bought a new PC and I'm getting the error while trying to launch the game (It doesn't even show the menu)

My specs:
Ryzen 7 7700x
32gb ram ddr5
nvidia gtx 4070
since i noticed that almost everyone who has the problem has an i9 13-14k cpu, i thought i would set the energy saving mode in win sys,
now 2000-3500mhz and have no more errors . try it out , have fun
I am back with (finally) a solution that not only works, but doesn't ruin the performance of your PC.

I have now played for over a week with 0 crashing.

This (sadly) is only for those having the issue on Intel CPU's, although maybe the AMD users can find something similar.

1) Download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
2) Set the "Performance Core Ratio" from 55x to 53x
3) Apply change and enjoy!

I should note, you will need to run this program every time you restart your PC, but you could find similar settings in your BIOS to make it a permanent change I would think.

Also, some extra information, it appears Unreal Engine is having the same issue with Intel CPU's and it's caused by them pushing their CPU's too far so that under large sustained loads, such as Cache creation/decompression, the system will become unstable. It's a known issue that will need Intel and Mobo manufacturers to resolve.

I hope this helps some people play PoE and any other games that may be crashing for similar reason.
Last edited by EdTheDuck on Feb 23, 2024, 4:07:48 AM
welp failed to decompress again. i havent play poe for 1 month now was playing ok for 1 month in january. is there an update that make this keeps happening?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info