People who have nothing to do with PoE actively argue against PoE1

i read the topic and after look the account creation :) of op 2018

i think op forgot how the game play on release around 2013 and how the game play today a bit out of control , these player welcome poe 2
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 30, 2023, 3:27:29 PM
"
charley222 wrote:
i read the topic and after look the account creation :) of op 2018

i think op forgot how the game play on release around 2013 and how the game play today a bit out of control , these player welcome poe 2

Lost my first account due to other problem with emails and co back then.

But all right buddy..

I don't even know what you would even want to say with that?

I'm talking about people who have no contact with PoE.
You're talking about my 5 year old account that has been in almost every league since then?
Whats your point here?
Heh. Irony.

Someone accuses anyone who disagrees with the toxic ugly community uproar against Path of Exile 2 of being a Janey-come-lately nobody who doesn't play PoE and has no standing to speak to the game, and when called on it just says "I didn't mean everybody bro jeez shut up and go away."

Someone accuses the accuser of being a Recent Rita with only a few years under their belt and no sense of where the roots of the game came from, and that accuser gets flustered, angry and upset and insists that they have as much standing to speak as anybody else.

Doesn't feel so nice, does it Kaukus?
"
Kaukus1 wrote:
I have now spent the last 2 days (example reddit) looking at the histories of commentators... many of those who find the changes for PoE2 great have had ZERO interaction with Path of Exile up to this point.
Seen many D2 and D4 players who have been active on such forums for years or months before.

There are two scenarios here:

1. Diablo fans feel compelled to watch the coverage of PoE2 in such detail as to post on Reddit and other places badmouthing what they see, because they're afraid of ... something bad happening ... that would ... somehow effect them adversely.
2. The people you see posting have played PoE1 for some amount of time, but not posted about it _on that account_, and have legitimate feeling about it and legitimate feelings about PoE2 as a fan of the genre.

Which seems more likely? Personally I think the Venn Diagram of people who post about PoE2 news, people who have at least casually tried PoE1 and people who have played D2 or D4 has a ton of overlap. This isn't tribe warfare, people are allowed to play many ARPGs (I recommend it, they each excel and fail in their own unique ways, and have unique lore, characters, and builds that work).
"
1453R wrote:

Someone accuses the accuser of being a Recent Rita with only a few years under their belt

Oh right, "Recent Rita" with 5+ years and 4100 hrs on that account.
I have no idea what nonsense you are all babbling about.
Neither can you read, nor understand. This is unbelievable
I'm talking about people who have 0 contact to this game.
You're talking about me? Where is your logic?
"
1453R wrote:
Been playing for a decade. Have the supporter badges to prove it. Still think Path 2 is an unbelievably immense upgrade over Path 1. Not every PoE player is a Religion of Zoom turbosweat that cannot stand to clear content "slow" enough that the game has time to animate frames. Looking forward to a dynamic and visceral ACTION RPG experience.

Then why play poe at all?
I personally am thrilled for POE2 and will probably stop playing PoE1 (or highly reduce) when it launches. My favorite part of PoE is the early mapping experience when I can't clear everything 2 screens away in 0.1s.

My favorite thing to do are bosses (altough I'm quite bad) and, while I obviously much prefer PoE to most other ARPG, the one button zoom fest get me bored quite fast. It's just that other ARPG bore me faster for other reason, (but not because of spamming 1 button).

"
auspexa wrote:

Because I've been playing for a decade. When I started, the game was about exploring a plethora of diverse and exciting build options and creating something cool and fun to play that was uniquely yours. And now that the game is strictly about "how many hours does it take you post league start to put Uber Maven on AFK farm status with the same build you've run for the past six leagues?", I'm still invested in the game even though I'm not really allowed to play it anymore.

The question you should ask is "if you hadn't gotten 2.2k hours into PoE over the last ten years, would you start playing today if you knew what the game was about?" And the answer to that is "if at all, only to try and familiarize myself with the basics prior to PoE2."
"
1453R wrote:
Heh. Irony.

Someone accuses anyone who disagrees with the toxic ugly community uproar against Path of Exile 2 of being a Janey-come-lately nobody who doesn't play PoE and has no standing to speak to the game, and when called on it just says "I didn't mean everybody bro jeez shut up and go away."

Someone accuses the accuser of being a Recent Rita with only a few years under their belt and no sense of where the roots of the game came from, and that accuser gets flustered, angry and upset and insists that they have as much standing to speak as anybody else.

Doesn't feel so nice, does it Kaukus?

What's so "toxic" and "uproar" about not liking what they decided to show us? Is it more "toxic" or "uproar" than what you have been doing lately to PoE 1 and the people that actually like PoE 1? You have been using more derogatory terms towards people liking PoE 1 than I've ever seen before. You have even invented a fantasy religion box to put them in, so you can easier bury them in nonsense. That is as toxic as it gets, and I don't even think you see it.

Now, people are doing similar things to something you seem to like, and you are more or less throwing a tantrum.

GGG are TOTALLY capable of reading feedback. If THEY perceive this whole situation as "toxic" or an "uproar", it would take them a few SECONDS to come out with some sort of statement to calm folks down a bit, telling/showing them that PoE 2 would still be a fast paced game, where you don't HAVE to roll every other second/pack.

Yeah...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
1453R wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

Because I've been playing for a decade. When I started, the game was about exploring a plethora of diverse and exciting build options and creating something cool and fun to play that was uniquely yours. And now that the game is strictly about "how many hours does it take you post league start to put Uber Maven on AFK farm status with the same build you've run for the past six leagues?", I'm still invested in the game even though I'm not really allowed to play it anymore.

The question you should ask is "if you hadn't gotten 2.2k hours into PoE over the last ten years, would you start playing today if you knew what the game was about?" And the answer to that is "if at all, only to try and familiarize myself with the basics prior to PoE2."

that's the ultimate casual mindset. I always try new stuff and new builds and still end up obliterating all content

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info