Option to turn particles OFF - discussion

Hi, I wonder how many ppl would like to have this option, disregarding how the game would look without said 'particles'.

I'm in now way IT/GFX inclined, but looking at the direction this game is going, and even the purpose of the recent 'optimization' patch, I can't shake the feeling that we are going to see even more particles on our screens.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2023, 5:42:52 PM
upgrade your decade old system, performance problems solved.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 25, 2023, 3:57:24 PM
I forget when he said it, but I distinctly recall an interview with Chris Wilson where he said that after a certain point the game's performance is more on the user's head than on Grinding Gear's. There's only so much GGG can do to "optimize" their game for rigs that were modest at best twelve years ago. At some point your ancient Spudnik box is the problem, not Grinding Gear's code, and blaming the developers for not optimizing the game for hardware that was dated when you bought it is disingenuous.

Yes, the game should be able to run on a wide range of systems. That's what graphical and performance setting options are for. But spending time and resources engineering a "turn off game's graphics" setting so you can run PoE as just a bunch of wireframe textureless models because that's the only way you can get the game to function on the Windows 95 machine you've had since sixth grade is an inefficient use of development resources.

Problem exists between Ethernet port and keyboard.
"
1453R wrote:
I forget when he said it, but I distinctly recall an interview with Chris Wilson where he said that after a certain point the game's performance is more on the user's head than on Grinding Gear's. There's only so much GGG can do to "optimize" their game for rigs that were modest at best twelve years ago. At some point your ancient Spudnik box is the problem, not Grinding Gear's code, and blaming the developers for not optimizing the game for hardware that was dated when you bought it is disingenuous.

Yes, the game should be able to run on a wide range of systems. That's what graphical and performance setting options are for. But spending time and resources engineering a "turn off game's graphics" setting so you can run PoE as just a bunch of wireframe textureless models because that's the only way you can get the game to function on the Windows 95 machine you've had since sixth grade is an inefficient use of development resources.

BuT thIs GAME is BaDly OpTIMIZed!!!!!!1111
"
1453R wrote:

this would be great and all, if this game wasn't released 10 years ago. If you want to play the hardware card then make a 'Remaster' version. And if you are going to drop changes as drastic as we see now, maybe some heads up? because if i knew that my performance will drop in the next 6months I prob wouldn't spend the money I spent on this game in that time.

What they are simply doing here is adding clutter to the game. Cutter that is not welcome from neither performance stand point nor form aesthetics.

performance aside, I can't see what is on my screen anymore. the avrg gaming experience reminds me of meme builds years ago. If this is what you like, and like to see more off, than ty for your input.

I'm for progress. There are games released 10 years ago that haven't ever had any upgrade in graphic. So I'm glad they invest in this game
Your GFX card is almost 10 years old, OP.

Edit- a particle slider would be good.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 25, 2023, 4:27:38 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Your GFX card is almost 10 years old, OP.

Edit- a particle slider would be good.

Listen, I get it, its old, but if It worked 3 days ago, why do I have to buy a new one today? And please stay on topic, I'm trying to figure out if I should even bother with this game at this point as i feel like I'm far from the 'avrg player'.
The GPU has always been a bottle-neck for this game.
I have bought 2 new GFX cards in the last 11 years, not just for PoE, but for the overall performance of my systems.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
you don't have to buy anything but you can't expect GGG to wait for you to play catchup when they want to update the game.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jul 25, 2023, 4:33:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info