D4 dev campfire chat after sweaty/hot season 1 start.

"
roundishcap wrote:
For your mental health don't look at twitch chat during league content reveals. It's pretty bad.

Twitch chat is half the fun!
"
innervation wrote:
"
roundishcap wrote:
For your mental health don't look at twitch chat during league content reveals. It's pretty bad.

Twitch chat is half the fun!

It's not really fun to see all the upset immature zoomer being all mad about made changes or anything around a new league mechanic. Some people use the chat in a useful way but the other part just criticizes the content and changes before they even get to play it. The level of toxicity is not any different to the upset reddit and poe forum posts. twitch chat in larger streams these days is just embarrassing and not fun at all lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 23, 2023, 4:45:34 PM
"
Xyel wrote:
That was painful to watch. They really need to hire someone to help them with basic PR communication.

Like, if they came out saying 'we felt the game was too easy, so we did sweeping nerfs to bring the difficulty closer to how we imagine it should be, and we nerfed barb and sorc the hardest because they were the two most played classes in pre-season', and then continued to say they will revise their objectives and buff shit, it would have been a thousand times more palatable.

But not only they presented themselves as not having much of a direction of where they're going, but also fumbled the season by saying they'll buff mob density and shorten the lvl50+ leveling in two weeks, so now it feels weird to push levels when I know it will be significantly easier in two weeks.

My impression was that they don't know what fun means and need more time (based on community feedback) to gauge a direction they may follow.

But anyways. If you already have D4 and paid for it there is nothing to look forward to in season 1 considering they will not undo most nerfs, not much content and the unique boss can be done mid 60s so the league is basically done after 2-3 days max.

Imo the base game is not worth more than 40$ at the current state (if even that) and if you're on the fence try the free-to-play Diablo Immortal instead. Has same feratures like open world, random people walking around in town/overworld, world bosses.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 25, 2023, 5:23:48 AM
I was told devs almost QQ during some presentation/stream... anyone got a link? I couldn't find anything :(
"
AintCare wrote:
I was told devs almost QQ during some presentation/stream... anyone got a link? I couldn't find anything :(

Joe Shely looking exhausted was something of note.

https://m.twitch.tv/quin69/clip/AbnegateMoldyStarPraiseIt-21VdP2ojDSoNjAng
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
My impression was that they don't know what fun means and need more time (based on community feedback) to gauge a direction they may follow.

But anyways. If you already have D4 and paid for it there is nothing to look forward to in season 1 considering they will not undo most nerfs, not much content and the unique boss can be done mid 60s so the league is basically done after 2-3 days max.

Imo the base game is not worth more than 40$ at the current state (if even that) and if you're on the fence try the free-to-play Diablo Immortal instead. Has same feratures like open world, random people walking around in town/overworld, world bosses.

More that their idea of fun is just wrong. Personally I have no idea how stuff like untradeable uber uniques having a drop rate lower than 1 in a million hours played ever made it through the first meeting where they discussed it, much less into a game with 3 month seasons. And that's not an accident, but apparently one of their core design tenets.

I'm having fun with the hearts in S1, but yeah it's more of a casual experience, as the game still pretty much ends at lvl ~75-80.
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 28, 2023, 4:43:27 PM
D4 passed the baton to PoE. They abandoned their very first season and aren't changing anything meaningful for the next 3 months. The next patch isn't coming out until August 8th, which is likely 3 days before PoE's new league launches.

A complete failure on every level. It's incredible that they hadn't even finished designing their first season or first season journey a month after game launch, and still haven't.

PoE is going to the moon. The next league is going to shatter all previous player counts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info