We Are Taking A Temporary News Break

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
come back to the pc when they release poe2 because that is where their changes to the base game are being put.

You'd have to be huffing an amazing amount of copium to think the POE2 release is going to be any different to the way they've treated the game and it's players for the last number of years.

The reason why they've gone silent is because founding members of the company and lead staff have been quitting and jumping ship before POE2 happens. You don't need to be a genius to see where this is all heading.
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
You cant put your MAIN game in maintenance mode to make a "sequel" because poe 1 is the main source of income right now for poe 2 development. If you cant manage people's time properly its not players fault.

They ABANDONED the game, making poe 2 isnt an excuse, most people and streamers left the game because there's nothing to play. And GGG doesnt care about them.

BINGO !
News about no news, where no-news news counting into news per year :D
Same logic as GGG steps from 3.13 patch XD
There's no need to force it by scraping the bottom of the barrel for "news" in order to hit an artificial daily quota.

Post-exilecon just post news when there's something newsworthy!
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
It's all good. Best wishes for ExileCon.
when will they give information about whether the Crucible tree will already remain on existing items in the form of legacy? what was it like after the league of Kalandra, Scourge, Synthesis?
Last edited by UprisingRivals on Jul 15, 2023, 1:15:55 PM
cant wait
HAHA, 1 month left, didn't get enough of the league
Nice
"
when will they give information about whether the Crucible tree will already remain on existing items in the form of legacy? what was it like after the league of Kalandra, Scourge, Synthesis?

Every item ever apearing in a league except Sanctum relics are permanent and are in standard at "merge" usually right after league end. With the odd exception for deleted/bugged or totally broken items.

Relics were the only item ever introduced as "going away at the end of the league" and are the exception to the rule of how POE normally works.

This is called "Borrowed power" game design and is only rarely well liked by gamers (as it was with Sanctum), and very much out of the ordinary for POE unless you count things that are massively OP getting nerfed (such as will be the case with Explotems and many other past super broken interactions/scaling).

Personally when/if POE moves towards regularly using borrowed power, that will be end of leagues for me as I regularly play standard due to time constraints/life/being casual/boomer.

I also philosophically disagree with that style of game design. Part of what makes a games items at all compelling to me personally is that I "earned" and keep them. POE is also ALREADY very unabashedly omega thirsty for its playerbases free time and it feels somehow "dirty" to also ask us to be okay with throwing our items away more than just the odd experiment like Sanctum.

I realize that people who never play standard often don't give any fucks about this but thats my 2c anyway.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jul 15, 2023, 9:54:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info