Added elemental damage from physical

Does the added elemental damage from Hatred and added fire damage calculate based on the actual physical damage dealt, or does it take the base numbers and calculate its own damage based on that.

For example, if I have 100-200 physical damage with a hatred aura (adding 25% cold damage) what will happen on hit:

1) The physical damage will roll between 100-200 and hatred cold damage will roll between 25 and 50 cold damage separately.

2) The physical damage rolls between 100-200, then Hatred adds 25% of that number as cold damage.

3) Physical damage rolls between 100-200, this is reduced by enemy armour, then hatred adds 25% of the actual physical damage (what would be) dealt as cold damage.

Thanks in advance.
@Moylin (Beyond)
"
Avelice wrote:
Does the added elemental damage from Hatred and added fire damage calculate based on the actual physical damage dealt, or does it take the base numbers and calculate its own damage based on that.

For example, if I have 100-200 physical damage with a hatred aura (adding 25% cold damage) what will happen on hit:

1) The physical damage will roll between 100-200 and hatred cold damage will roll between 25 and 50 cold damage separately.

2) The physical damage rolls between 100-200, then Hatred adds 25% of that number as cold damage.

3) Physical damage rolls between 100-200, this is reduced by enemy armour, then hatred adds 25% of the actual physical damage (what would be) dealt as cold damage.

Thanks in advance.

From what I know and noticed is that option 2) is what is going on with elemental additive damage.
Hatred adds Cold damage based on your weapon's damage. It does not add damage based on how much Physical damage is dealt. The damage is calculated before the hit is landed, but otherwise option 1 is correct.

Damage-Based-On checks your Base Damage, then adds all applicable modifiers. Example:
Weapon with 200 Max Physical damage
100% Increased Physical damage
50% Increased Cold damage
40% More Physical damage (Melee Physical gem)
70% Damage Effectiveness (Cleave)
25% Physical as Cold (Hatred)

Base damage:
200 * 0.25 = 50 Base Cold

Increased + Reduced. It is based on Physical damage, so we also add Physical damage bonuses:
50 * (1 + (100/100) + (50/100)) = 125 Cold damage

More, Less and Damage Effectiveness are all separate multipliers:
125 * 1.4 * 0.7 = 122.5 Cold damage.

Rounds up to 123 Maximum Cold damage.

Conversion works similarly, btw.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 18, 2013, 10:00:53 AM
Thank you, this explanation makes sense.

Now suppose I am using a physical attack with Hatred (25% added cold) and I cast Vulnerability on the enemy (25% more physical damage they take). Since Hatred is based on physical damage, will it also be boosted by Vulnerability? It is unclear to me here. The curse could just affect the damage taken, in which case it would only affect the physical portion of your attack. Or, since Hatred is based off physical, the game could included that physical bonus, like how it does for determining the damage Hatred adds.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Apr 18, 2013, 2:09:36 PM
Hatred adds cold damage based on the physical damage you deal, not the physical damage enemies take. The physical damage will be amplified independently of the cold damage. Likewise the cold damage only receives the physical damage bonuses you have, but doesn't go out as physical damage to enemies.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 18, 2013, 8:58:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info