D4 Flop - My honest review

"
Reinhart wrote:

Yeah that is a known criticism for poe and it is true a huge part of item art is seriously outdated. That is why with POE 2 update, all item art will get reworked to modern standards.

Hopefully not cause the "modern standard" for art is to simplify everything to the bare minimum as possible. Simple at can be nice, but it only fits if the entire game is made out of simple textures, icons and everything. The item arts look pretty fine giving how old PoE is tbh
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 10, 2023, 9:53:04 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

Yeah that is a known criticism for poe and it is true a huge part of item art is seriously outdated. That is why with POE 2 update, all item art will get reworked to modern standards.

Hopefully not cause the "modern standard" for art is to simplify everything to the bare minimum as possible. Simple at can be nice, but it only fits if the entire game is made out of simple textures, icons and everything. The item arts look pretty fine giving how old PoE is tbh

I've seen some very nicely visualized games, go full cartoony in this respect. While I get that it's easier to shade and animate sprites that are simplified and impressionistic, it makes the game look bad in the context of its previous assets.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Carbot is back!

Best Item Ever | Diablo 4 [ep 1]

https://youtu.be/8gQgClzAl0M

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

triple A game BTW
Second-class poe gamer
Lol this was interesting to read. Seems like you were under the wrong impression on what D4 would be, and for whom it was developed. Sorry that happened I guess.

Also indicating a thread is "honest" up front makes me question why? Why wouldn't it be honest?

Inb4 "PoE2: My completely bias, misleading, and bad faith review"
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Carbot is back!

Best Item Ever | Diablo 4 [ep 1]

https://youtu.be/8gQgClzAl0M

=^[.]^=

Love how they've placed the KFC meme campaign into it and also kept the rest of the video pretty accurate to the actual gameplay.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Games are designed for people who don't expect a bad world to replace the good one they just left temporarily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info