Backwards Cross-League trading

so, i was looking abit into this, i saw that trading INTO the new league is against the rule, but what about trading backwards into standard?

like, getting paid for items traded on crucible in Standard currency?
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2023, 11:31:57 PM
Nope. No going between temp and long term leagues in any way shape or form.
Actually from a statement quite a long time ago unless they made some official statement since then they never banned cross-league trading but simply said it is at your own risk and they won't help you if anything bad happens because of it which i remember being quite unhappy about it.

Ferrying items from Hardcore-Challenge-League via killing yourself and taking the items with you is a pretty common one to sell them in standard and then convert that to currency in Hardcore/Challenge or even Standard-Challenge-League.

Kind of wish they had closed the loophole by making Hardcore-Challenge people who die transfer to Standard-Challenge and then the only cross-league trading they have to worry about is the normal stuff.
Innocence forgives you
Perm to perm or league to league is what you are thinking of. You can trade items and currency from standard hardcore to softcore standard or the same in hc league to sc league. Those are the ones that are allowed but noted as unsafe.

You cant go from league to standard as its seen as an advantage to have a stockpile of currency in standard and using that to buy all your items in league without playing.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Perm to perm or league to league is what you are thinking of. You can trade items and currency from standard hardcore to softcore standard or the same in hc league to sc league. Those are the ones that are allowed but noted as unsafe.

You cant go from league to standard as its seen as an advantage to have a stockpile of currency in standard and using that to buy all your items in league without playing.

Hardcore-Challenge-League to Standard definitely isn't either of those examples and was definitely a part if not one of the biggest factors in the post im talking about.

If you sell a bunch of stuff 3 months ahead of everyone else by taking your items across the league boundary before everyone who actually is supposed to end up in standard and then "fair and square" trade to hardcore, whats the difference?
Innocence forgives you
I think we are up two different trees here. If you rip a HC char yes the items go to standard 3 months before they usually arrive. However you can no longer trade them in the HC temp league. So you arent getting any currency in the temp league which is what they would ban for.

Im welcome to being proven wrong but this is the way I understand it.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Jun 2, 2023, 11:32:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info