This weekend we are running a Stash Tab Sale! You can view the full selection of discounted tabs here. The Stash Tab sale ends at May 29, 2023 8:00 PM (EDT) (this is displayed in your local time).

If you're missing points for the sale, be sure to check out the Crucible and Core Supporter Packs here!

Thanks for your support!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Neat
Nice
Sadly won't buy anything until the game stops smoking every pc I have.
It should NOT run this hot. All low settings, alone, no action, still going so hot under stress.

I can't believe 15 years ago on 20 year old machines we ran fully maxed 40v40 battlegrounds in wow with less stress less heat and the visuals were absolutely fine.

You do not need 9000 hyper particle effects overlapping super intensity ray tracing bullcrap in a ARPG which core is about executing 1000 calculations and actions every second with equally many mobs on screen.

Seriously this game would have been so much better with lower cell shaded cartoony art style, clearer visuals, faster to read the game, and runs cooler with less gpu/cpu stress.

Please optimise this stuff.
Have you tried switching to console? I hear people with pc issues thrive on there.
"
EasyTimes wrote:
It should NOT run this hot. All low settings, alone, no action, still going so hot under stress.

I can't believe 15 years ago on 20 year old machines we ran fully maxed 40v40 battlegrounds in wow with less stress less heat and the visuals were absolutely fine.

You do not need 9000 hyper particle effects overlapping super intensity ray tracing bullcrap in a ARPG which core is about executing 1000 calculations and actions every second with equally many mobs on screen.

Seriously this game would have been so much better with lower cell shaded cartoony art style, clearer visuals, faster to read the game, and runs cooler with less gpu/cpu stress.

Please optimise this stuff.

Turn on v-sync. That limits your gpu to 60 fps and that way it does not run at 100%. You dont need more than 60 fps in this game anyway. That will bring your pc temps by 20*C
"
nikola061 wrote:

Turn on v-sync. That limits your gpu to 60 fps and that way it does not run at 100%. You dont need more than 60 fps in this game anyway. That will bring your pc temps by 20*C

Already on it tried everything, won't help.

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F 2.50 GHz
RTX 3050 oem, go figure.
How "hot" is hot, and what are your graphical settings/screen resolution? How much FPS are you wanting to hit?

Have you set any fans to an acceptable speed for cooling/noise ratio, and what form factor is your setup (laptop/small form/ATX)?

When you say "Go figure", those would be some of the starting points to help us 'go figure' and work towards a solution.
"
EasyTimes wrote:

Sounds like something's wrong with your setup tbh. Or you consider a low temperature as "hot"

I still use my 2070 and get to run Poe on 1440p max settings and an additional monitor for other stuff without any temperature issues at all.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 27, 2023, 2:22:59 AM
Think it's time for some events ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info