Hi,

whenever I start the game and try to log into my PoE account, I get a notfication telling me that I apparently am logging in from a new location. This isn't true, I play PoE on the same stationary PC every day. After this, I always have to wait for an eMail with an unlock code, unlock my account and log in again. It always works, but it gets more and more annoying for me to do this procedure every time when I try to log in.
Last bumped on May 24, 2023, 3:34:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with this security system. I understand that it can be a frustrating process.

These codes are requested each time you attempt to log in with an IP address that differs from the previous one you used. This may be due to having a dynamic IP, which will cause you to get a new IP address every time your connection disconnects, or if the modem is restarted.

We believe this security feature is quite important, as it stops anyone from accessing your account from somewhere else if they have your password.

If you are having issues with this system, please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com so that we can look into options with you. Please be sure to include your Path of Exile account name and 2-3 character names.
Okay, I see the importance of this system. I didn't think about dynamic IP's, but I will check that. If this doesn't help, I will live with the unlock codes since I value security. Thanks for the quick answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info