Another person has logged into this account

Several people, including myself, are getting disconnected with this error. Has something happened that we should be informed of? Should we change our passwords?

Edit: Here is a clip of it happening to a streamer:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullImpossibleFinchTTours-289eP6e0fU56_aLE
Last edited by Exlll on May 4, 2023, 5:20:23 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2023, 8:43:45 PM
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that! Could you please email us at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into this matter for you?
"
Exlll wrote:
Several people, including myself, are getting disconnected with this error. Has something happened that we should be informed of? Should we change our passwords?

Edit: Here is a clip of it happening to a streamer:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullImpossibleFinchTTours-289eP6e0fU56_aLE

Hi Exlll,

The clip you linked shows the normal behaviour when you login to your account from a second client while already online.

Due to the network incident mentioned in the updated event post here, some login attempts were delayed in the backend. For the player, these would have just looked like a failure to login.

If the same player managed to successfully login and start playing while these delayed login attempts were still in flight, the player would then be kicked with the "Another person has logged into this account" error message when their older login attempt actually got delivered (at which point they are simply logged out).

The above is what happened to most players receiving this error during the incident window (approximately 20:50 - 21:05 UTC).

However, if you ever receive this error message and have not actually logged into your account from a second client, it is safer to change your password anyway. It is entirely possible that some players receiving this error during the above window actually did legitimately have their accounts compromised by some external unrelated means (the usual stuff, re-used passwords, keyloggers, etc), and it's always better to err on the safe side with security.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info