Link Mastery, equal movement speed mastery does not work

i tried link and checked player's movement speed party
but my movement speed about 500 but party player's movement speed is not equal to me.
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2023, 8:21:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you use link and link mastery you will get movement speed, is equal to the highest movement speed among linked players.
"
seaman wrote:
If you use link and link mastery you will get movement speed, is equal to the highest movement speed among linked players.

In reference to the previous post by another player stating, "If you use link and link mastery, you will get movement speed equal to the highest movement speed among linked players," I would like to reaffirm this observation and provide additional context.

Despite the earlier explanation, it remains evident that when a player is on the receiving end of the link and has allocated the Link Mastery, they do not receive the Movement Speed bonus as described in the mastery's tooltip, which states: "Your Movement Speed is equal to the highest Movement Speed among Linked Players."

I believe addressing this inconsistency is crucial, as it has the potential to enhance gameplay by allowing for more diverse and enjoyable character builds. Therefore, I kindly request a review of this issue and a potential adjustment to the mechanic or a clarification in the mastery's description to avoid any further confusion among players.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I hope to see improvements in the near future.
The behaviour is correct. Links are one-way. If you link to another player, they are the linked player, you are not.
If another player links to you, but you don't use any links of your own, you are their linked player, but you do not have any linked players.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The behaviour is correct. Links are one-way. If you link to another player, they are the linked player, you are not.
If another player links to you, but you don't use any links of your own, you are their linked player, but you do not have any linked players.

Well, link inherently does not sound like it is one-way. It links two players together, therefore you would assume they are both linked. To add to this, the wording in mastery is "Your Movement Speed is equal to the highest Movement Speed among Linked Players" with your commentary assumes that link owner's Movement Speed is not considered by the mastery, as he is not a Linked Player. But we just checked it in game, when I have +30% movement speed bonus and my friend got +9%, linking to him does not make me have +9% instead. If he use a quicksilver flask my ms bonus goes up, but so it does when I use mine. Therefore we both are "Linked Players" for this mastery.

If you do not want to change the behaviour of the mastery, at least change its wording to "Your Movement Speed is equal to the highest value among Players affected by your Link" or something like that. Then you can safely say that you both are affected, but only one of you is linked:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info